PDA

View Full Version : "Mmmm, I love your fragrance...what is that?"

windycissy
01-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Belive it or not, a woman asked me that question in the hotel elevator yesterday! "Fire and Ice, by Revlon," I confided.

It occured to me afterwards that this would make a great commercial for Revlon: "If Fire and Ice can make a crossdresser smell sweet, imagine what it can do for you!" Sort of like the old commercial Joe Namath did for Beautymist pantyhose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZBLEeR836I

Dana7
01-12-2012, 02:08 PM
That happened to me too, but not in the same circumstances. I had a meeting with my realtor one day in a fast food restaurant after I had dressed that day but then changed for the meeting. I was in drab and didn't want to share about my dressing at the time--he did not know about my CDing. He kept sniffing the air and then said to me "I keep smelling a woman's perfume!" He had this puzzled, quizzical look on his face.

Luckilly, there was an older woman seated one booth away from ours, and so I just glanced at her and shrugged as if to say "it must be her!"

Unfortunately, there are times we don't want to have them say "Mmmm, I love your fragrance...what is that?"!!!!

Shananigans
01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
That's a pretty funny idea for a commercial. And, also, isn't it crazy what people notice?

This kind of happened to me too recently...

The other night, I went out with a group of people that included my two best guy friends. They are two really country, homegrown men. We were all having drinks and dancing, but after a while I needed to step outside to cool off. They followed and we were randomly talking. One of the guys sat beside and he said, "Wow! You smell good. Is that Gucci Guilty Intense?" I looked kind of funny and said, "Actually, yeah. Dang you got a good nose!" He said, "I like colognes and perfumes. You should try Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb." I nodded and said, "Yep, have that one...it's a big favorite."

I wanted to text my SO and say, "I really do think that every guy I know is secretly a crossdresser."

AllieSF
01-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Reversing that sweet smelling shoe to the other foot, I used to occasionally smell this wonderful fresh, clean, just out of the shower smell on women while waiting in line at the local Starbuck's. I finally asked one, what fragrance that was and she told me that she wasn't wearing any perfume. Then she said, "I am using Secret deodorant, Powder Fresh scent" Bingo, I had my answer and started using that deodorant before I ever started crossdressing. Then last summer one of the people working the counter at Starbuck's asked me what I was wearing because I smelled so good. I was puzzled until I realized that I was using a cocoa butter moisturizer. Another bingo moment,and I use cocoa butter moisturizer almost exclusively now!

NicoleScott
01-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Mine's kind of the reverse. I asked a woman friend what fragrance she's wearing (since it set me into orbit). That's what I wear (Estee Lauder White Linen).

VeronicaMoonlit
01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
He said, "I like colognes and perfumes. You should try Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb." I nodded and said, "Yep, have that one...it's a big favorite."

I wanted to text my SO and say, "I really do think that every guy I know is secretly a crossdresser."

Ha ha ha ha.

I think it might be like this:

Imagine you're a closeted transperson and some woman you know is a fashionista/makeupista/worshipper of Miss Dita like you are hidden away. You might want to be her BFF and hang out with her. I would.

Veronica

Lorileah
01-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I get this a lot. I am not sure it is because I usually wear a womans fragrance or the fact I don't bathe in it. Usually someone will say "I like that cologne it has a nice light scent to it." And if they ask I tell them what it is but usually they don't ask.

PS if you Axe me I would ban Axe forever ;)

Allisa
01-12-2012, 04:39 PM
My hair always smells of coconut because that's the conditioner I use,and baby powder every where else,unscented deorderant so theres no clashing of scents.I always get told I smell good by both male and females alike and thats in male mode.Bye-Bye,Lisa.

Jodi
01-12-2012, 09:05 PM
This thread reminded me of an old line that i have only been able to use twice in my life.

When I am asked what I have on that smells so good, my reply would be. I have a hard on. I didn't know you could smell it.

Jodi

docrobbysherry
01-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Timely thread! I just had to change seats while waiting for a counselor's appointment this evening. Because the GG sitting next to me felt the need to spray herself with an, "Every Flower Imaginable, bomb"!

girlygirly
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I mostly wear Opium, which also comes in a men's fragrance. If a lady notices, I'll usually tell her it's Opium, and leave it up to her to wonder whether it's the male or female fragrance. If a man notices, I blame it on the girlfriend.

SarahLynn
01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't normally wear fragrences as they make the wifes asthma kick up but when i do i wear Royale Lyme or Colorado Sage. The second is so old i don't think it is made anymore and i may have the last stock on the planet. My fav's for a lady to wear are Chantilly, or Shalamar. I also like but not for me, Liz Claibourne ( the original scent ). Want to send me into orbit, just come close wearing one of these three and i'll follow you to the stars.

SarahLynn

windycissy
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Luckilly, there was an older woman seated one booth away from ours, and so I just glanced at her and shrugged as if to say "it must be her!"

Lucky for her you smelled sweet :heehee: