PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

JaniceP
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Hello Girls. Please tell me if I'm wrong here.

I, Truley believe that it is best when your Crossdressed, to show your photos while wearing a cute Skirt outfit or a very pretty Dress.

Pant suits and other pant attire just don't seem to cut it.

We all look ALOT better wearing a Pretty Dress, or cute Skirt and Blouse as opposed to trying to fit our not too FEMININE bodies into Streach Pants!

Thanks--------Be Girly, FEMININE and cute.

Piora
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM

I, Truly believe that it is best when you're Crossdressed, to show your photos while wearing a cute Skirt outfit or a very pretty Dress.

Well, I do agree with you on this on a personal level (I don't own anything but skirts and tops) But quite a number of photos of some of our members here that show them in pants or jeans, are looking pretty darn good! I know what you're saying - that dresses and skirts are more feminine, and I agree.

We all look A LOT better wearing a Pretty Dress, or cute Skirt and Blouse as opposed to trying to fit our not too FEMININE bodies into Stretch Pants!

For many of us - that's true. Myself included. I think it's all a matter of choice and taste. But for me, skirts and dresses just scream femininity!!

AllieSF
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
You are wrong in my opinion, but right in yours. What you like and think is up to you, but I do not agree with your point of view. We take pictures of ourselves for many reasons. For our own personal benefit and enjoyment, to share with others, to try to get constructive criticism. I like pics of me dressed en femme, the ones I don't delete that is, in skirts, no dress pics yet, slacks, tennis and golf outfits, whatever.

JessHaust
01-12-2012, 02:58 PM
While I agree whole heartedly, I know that is just the way I am wound. The girlyer the better, but this is a diverse group and I'm sure there are many here who just don't feel comfortable dressed that way. I'm not comfortable dressed in slacks, and neither are you, but for some, that's what makes it work for them.

Tamara Croft
01-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Coming from someone whos never posted a picture on this board, how can you even say that? :strugglin

KayleeDahl
01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
So enjoy Tamara's response...

I think the whole idea of this forum is for us to be able to be dressed in WHATEVER we see fit, as long as it is within the standards set forth by the admins, and be accepted to some degree for that...

Afterall, ask your average GG what percentage of the year she spends in party dresses, and spends in pants.... I choose to emulate what GG's from my age group wear normally, and that usually isn't party dresses. You are certainly welcome to wear what suits you the best, but i'm going to just keep being me :)

Hugs!
Kaylee
P.S. I realize the irony of posting this when my signature pic is me in a party dress ;)

kimdl93
01-12-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't think there's any objective way of deciding what looks best on any individual. I've seen a great number of pics where the individual was wearing jeans or slacks and looked beautiful and convincingly feminine. Personally, some of the frillier dresses and gowns are a bit over the top, but to each their own.

NicoleScott
01-12-2012, 03:10 PM
That's like saying it's right to like chocolate but wrong to like vanilla. It's not a matter of right or wrong, but one of preference. You are entitled to your opinion, and your preferences, just make sure you don't make it sound like a put-down of others who choose to dress differently.

Stephanie47
01-12-2012, 03:11 PM
I prefer dresses. I do not own any feminine pants or skirts and blouses. I grew up in an era when women did NOT wear pants. As to skirts and blouses, I recognize the fact that I do not have an hour glass shape. So, the obvious choices are sheath, wrap, and empire waist dresses. Today I did a little shopping underdressed in a long line black bra, black panties under a black panty girdle, very lacy black camisole and black panty hose. I did not feel the least bit feminine, although I knew I had on just about everything except for a slip and dress. When I got home off came the pantyhose and on went a black girdle and thigh high stocking, black slip and a very lovely black dress with floral accents, and heels. Now I feel complete- Oh a my grey wig.

Sandra
01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Each to their own, you wear what you like and feel comfy in.

Dana7
01-12-2012, 03:22 PM
I've written to an issue similar to this and was told it was controversial. So I just say to each her own. My personal preference is skirts and dresses and I feel very fem wearing them. But I think there are many lovely pictures of ladies on this site wearing pantsuits, jeans and even just shorts. In fact, one of the sexiest and most feminine posts I have seen recently was this one (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?167180-New-Pictures&p=2716917&viewfull=1#post2716917) where Vivian was wearing shorts!

I say wear what makes you feel best.

:)

Lorileah
01-12-2012, 03:33 PM
I asked Hilary Clinton about this.

Let me try and explain something. Sort of kind of the reason we have this site available is that so many of us believe that we are all different and should not be constricted to a narrow view of how things SHOULD be.

I love my legs (my best part I think) so skirts and especially short skirts are what I like to wear the best. Many others here may feel that their legs are not a feature they would want to show and thus they show a real nice pantsuit or womens business suit with trousers that accentuates their chest or face. Some don't show anything. My personal feeling is showing something is better than nothing. But go with your comfort level

danielletorresani
01-12-2012, 03:38 PM
If I'm not wearing a dress with lingerie underneath then it just doesn't feel like I'm crossdressing.

meganmartin
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Personally I would agree skirts and dreses always make us feel more feminine and how you feel will reflect your best in a photo. However on occasion I have photographed myself in various outfits to get a contrast of the many looks a woman has to chose. Also photographing yourself in various looks and exchanging them with GG's and very well accomplished cds and Ts to get feedback has helped me tremendously and is still helping me create the look I want...as you know it is a continuing learning process.

Persephone
01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Coming from someone whos never posted a picture on this board, how can you even say that? :strugglin

I'm not one to cast asparagus, but Tamara has a point!

And I suspect that while most of my posted pics are probably in a dress or skirt, I'm out and about in real life and sometimes do wear pants.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kathi Lake
01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Sorry. Disagree. I've been known to wear pants (even, . . shudder, . . . jeans!) and not look too bad, if I do say so myself. :)

Remember, many of us idolize women. We idolize what we think women are. We idolize what we remember, what we think is sexy, what femininity means to us, personally. To some of us, it means the June Cleaver pearls and a dress, to others, it means short skirts, fishnet hose and platform stilettos. Are either of those things wrong or right? Of course not! You do this for you, so do it for you - and don't make it about others.

Kathi

EllieOPKS
01-12-2012, 05:03 PM
To me when I look at a woman and she is wearing a dress that is sexy then that is what I would prefer to imitate. Even (sorry Kathi) some well fitting low cut jeans are very sexy, but when I look at Hillary Clinton, I see a FTM wannabe. Not the look I want when I CD.

Sheren Kelly
01-12-2012, 05:52 PM
My most recent pic had me in jeans AND ugg boots!
I may not have looked glamorous, but I think I still looked femm.
(and I haven't even received a blast from Karen yet...but there is still time ;)

For me, it is better to be real than a carcature!

Kathi Lake
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
. . . Even (sorry Kathi) some well fitting low cut jeans are very sexy, . . .[but]. . . not the look I want when I CDAt the risk of being a narcissistic twit and hijacking the thread, I present to you exhibits A, B, C and D. Proof that a dress is not the only feminine thing under the sun. (Translation: do I look like a FTM wannabe?) :)

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=166378&d=1318427715&thumb=1 http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=167326&d=1319869995&thumb=1 http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=152045&d=1297979832&thumb=1 http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=146228&d=1289415445&thumb=1

Cheryl T
01-12-2012, 06:18 PM

I, Truley believe that it is best when your Crossdressed, to show your photos while wearing a cute Skirt outfit or a very pretty Dress.

Sorry, but I disagree...and so does my spouse. She thought I was cute enough for this picture while we on our way to the mall.

AllieSF
01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Hmmm, I like this idea of posting a picture as proof (proof to me anyway!). Here is mine while in Las Vegas a year ago on the way back to the airport for my flight home. Great way to travel and even had some nice business men try to help me get my laptop hooked up to the local WI-FI at the airport while waiting for my flight. At least I didn't look like an ugly guy in a dress! LOL

KaTanya
01-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Women's clothing runs a wide spectrum... Enjoy all of it that makes you feel good. If you feel good in an outfit (whatever it is), it really shows.

lavistaa62
01-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Pulling off pants, especially jeans, is an art. Since pants are the norm for females these days if you'd like to pass, passing in pants would seem to mandatory. Dresses and skirts are so beautiful- and so nice to wear. However if you are not of a certain age, pants are what must be done to fit in while shopping or just walking around.

Kelli Ca
01-12-2012, 08:53 PM
It's all preference, as for me I love skirts and dresses, but nothing is wrong or right, whatever makes you comfortable

docrobbysherry
01-12-2012, 09:08 PM
You're DEFINITELY on to something here, Janice! I love the look of cullots, wide bottomed toreador and disco pants. However, the dreaded and feared, "No Pants" lobby at the SCC convinced me NOT to wear them there!

Oh, "Stretch pants"? YUCK! Never mind!

JessicaM1985
01-13-2012, 04:06 AM
It's cool if you like that look, but I'm very much a jeans gal. I love the band t-shirt and jeans look myself. Particularly black jeans with a black band tee. I'm not against skirts and dresses, but I'm a very big gal and I honestly don't like showing too much. I also believe that it's what you DON'T show is what makes you sexy. Let that cute guy's imagination run for a bit... ;)

I like the slightly goth, metalhead chick look to be honest...

vivianann
01-13-2012, 04:20 AM
My legs are my best feature, so I always wear a dress or a skirt to show them off, especally in pictures.

t-girlxsophie
01-13-2012, 05:16 AM
I offer no apology by saying that I am a cute dress and skirt girl,I love nothing more than showing my pins,but I have to also say that in the last wee while i've wore trousers/denims more often (not much,but a lot more than in the past) and indeed the last time I was out I wore skinny jeans and boots and I have to say I felt Damn good (wouldve taken fab pic if my camerawoman hadnt had one over the eight lol).Ill forever consider myself a girly girl,but I know I can still feel femme in Trousers.And theres many GGs out there who look amazing in Trousers.I mean nice bootcut trousers and heeled boots on a girl is an awesome look imo

Sophie

Beth Mays
01-13-2012, 06:37 AM
I thought this was all about what we WANT to wear.
How can you say one persons choice is incorrect just because it is different than yours?

If I am not willing to post a photo why should I throw stones at those who do?

Beth

meganmartin
01-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Kathi Lake

I think you look great

Cynthia Anne
01-13-2012, 08:08 AM
See the girl in the tight fitten' jeans! Well that's me!!!!!!!! I be country! Dresses seldom work in a country girls life! TAINT' had any complaints yet! Hugs!

Pauline52
01-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Wow very well dressed, you go gurl! Cherchiez La femme

TGMarla
01-13-2012, 10:15 AM
That's like saying it's right to like chocolate but wrong to like vanilla.

But Nicole.....that's correct! :eek:

I prefer skirts and dresses. I can wear all the pants I want to as a guy. But that's just my preference, that's all.

Nice pics, Kathi.

PretzelGirl
01-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Who said I want to be girly? I want to be myself. I rock a burlap sack!

Carla Stevens
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
I wear what I feel comfortable in & as I want to blend in, I'll wear jeans.
I've got god awful legs, so tend to keep them covered.
I've been told I've got a good figure & I believe I show it off well in skinny jeans.
There are some photos of me dolled up in a dressHERE (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?167220-New-night-clubing-outfit&p=2718532#post2718532) & to support my vote for jeans there are some photos of me in jeans HERE. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?166384-Casual-everyday-look)

Dana7
01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Kathi, I love your last pic with the white top and black slacks. Shows off your curves nicely and is truly fem. I also like that pic with the sweater dress over jeans and boots. Nice look and an excellent combination!

Jane G
01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Your wrong.

I love my pencil skirts. I love my LBD. I love my evening dress. I love. My dancing dresses. I love my Polka dot skirts:daydreaming:. But I'm more than happy to ware femine shorts and slacks. They feel great in the right situation. Sure I have no girl jeans :eek: but I have no male jeans either.

Jane

Kathi Lake
01-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Shows off your curves nicely and is truly fem.Thanks! I also have a picture or two (hundred) wearing a dress or skirt and blouse. My point is that you wear whatever makes you feel feminine - if that be a pair of pants and a top, so be it. If it is a frilly dress and pumps, so be it. You should not, however, say that one is more feminine than the other. Femininity is, and should be internal, and should work its way out, not slapped on externally. My wife, for instance, would look and be feminine in the most shapeless of garments. She doesn't need anything external. We, however, usually need a bit extra to "move the dial to the other side" so to speak. We often feel that we need more external stuff to get rid of our normal look and/or feelings.

Kathi

kimdl93
01-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks! I also have a picture or two (hundred) wearing a dress or skirt and blouse. My point is that you wear whatever makes you feel feminine - ....... We, however, usually need a bit extra to "move the dial to the other side" so to speak. We often feel that we need more external stuff to get rid of our normal look and/or feelings.Kathi

Kathi's pictures and posts prove that its irrelevant whether the choice is jeans or dresses...anything can look good if done well. I'm not as cute or well documented as Kathi, but I try to follow her lead (and my wife's). I let the situation dictate what I wear, with whatever adjustments I can make to "move the dial" a bit.

Shananigans
01-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Someone sounds like they got jealous after seeing a hottie in stretchy, curve-revealing skinny jeans.

FYI: I felt pretty feminine when my SO saw me in painted-on skinny jeans and told me I had an a$$ like an onion (it looked so good, it made him want to cry).

Rock what looks good on you, but don't hate the people that can wear just about anything and look sexy and feminine in it. I think my SO would look damn good in tight jeans and boots...in fact, I think this might be a great investment.

jillleanne
01-14-2012, 06:41 AM

We all look ALOT better wearing a Pretty Dress, or cute Skirt and Blouse as opposed to trying to fit our not too FEMININE bodies into Streach Pants!

Ok then, you are wrong here.
What you decide to wear in your pictures is your choice, not someone elses. If you happen to notice my avatar pic, I'm wearing a bathing suit and I happen to think I look just fine, thank you. Just because you think someone looks more femme in a skirt or dress, does not mean others don't think they look just as femme or more so, in a pant suit or leggings, which I also happen to think look very very sexy with the right accessories. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and thank heavens we all do not like the same things.
And your picture is where?, to prvove me wrong?

Jlake2121
01-14-2012, 07:39 AM
I think it all depends on the gurl, the outfit and the occasion. I hope youre not rulling out a great pair of jeans cause i love em!

OMG i'm finlly at 10 quotes. Can I finally wittness the power of this fully functional web site destroyer?

Joanne Curl
01-14-2012, 12:24 PM
I love wearing dresses and heels too. but when you're trying to blend in you have to wear what the majority of other women are wearing and unfortunately it's pants and a blouse. A cute blouse and a nice fitting pair or pants can be just as femine as a dress and heels.

Cheryl T
01-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Don't get me wrong...I love skirts just as much as the next girl. There's nothing like showing off your gams in some sheer hose and feeling the breeze under your skirt, but since I love to go out lots, it's few and far between that I see women in anything but slacks, jeans, shorts, capris and the like. Since I'm just one of the girls, I dress to fit in with the masses.
I can always find an excuse to put on a cute dress and go to dinner.

Stephenie S
01-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Well I like chocolate. It's one of the four food groups isn't it?

Except for ice cream. Then I like mint chocolate chip.

Stephie

Kathi Lake
01-16-2012, 03:25 PM
A cute blouse and a nice fitting pair or pants can be just as femine as a dress and heels.Ding ding ding ding!!

. . . I dress to fit in with the masses.Exactly. When I go out, I try to blend. Not the easiest thing to do in a maids outfit. :)

Well I like chocolate. It's one of the four food groups isn't it?Well, it fits into the four basic bachelor food groups; sugar, salt, starch, and preservatives.

Kathi

Lorileah
01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Exactly. When I go out, I try to blend. Not the easiest thing to do in a maids outfit. :)

Kathi

Well that explains why I don't pass :doh: Well except that one time that the Holiday Inn They gave me a free cart filled with toilet paper and linens

Shananigans
01-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Well that explains why I don't pass :doh: Well except that one time that the Holiday Inn They gave me a free cart filled with toilet paper and linens

I must be going to the wrong hotels. All of the maids I see wear washed out grey outfits and angry expressions. And, they wake me up too early :(

Kaz
01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Hmmm, I must admit I like legs and I like showing mine off when I can before they go west! But, you can feel femme in jeans and it is a look that is worth working on... they don't have to be tight and figure hugging! As for pants in general...

When I was in Germany recently Kaz thought she'd try a guy's suit just for a change - a bit of 'cross-dressing'!

Not such a good look! Maybe jeans would be better?

linda allen
01-16-2012, 05:44 PM

You may think we look better in pretty dresses, and some of us may, but GGs don't walk around in pretty dresses, full makeup, and 4" heels 24/7.

If I'm going out in public, I want to blend in and be taken for a woman. I don't want to wear a virtual sign saying "Here comes a man in a dress!" That means if I'm walking in the park, I'll try my best to wear what womwn wear in my area while walking in the park.

I've had some compliments on my avatar photo so I'll leave it. It's close to a "pretty dress".

RenneB
01-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Well, I've just run through my 1,000 pictures that I've taken over the past year and can't find a one of them with me wearing jeans... Although in malemode, I wear girl jeans, I just can't seem to get comfy in them when all made up. However, I did pick up a pair of those black stretch pants that I see a lot of the GGs walking around in so I'm going to give it a go tomarrow... Not sure how it'll look but I'm trying to blend in that is. Most of the GGs 'round here are in sneakers, jeans and a turtleneck or black stretch pants with a nice top. Then again it's freezin up here and not many skirts to be found..... 'cept me.... LOL.

When it get's down to it, I wear what I want to make me feel good and hopefully look good.

Renne.....

Kathi Lake
01-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Maybe jeans would be better?Ummmmmm, yes. Definitely! Cute jeans. Cute tops.

Kathi