PDA

View Full Version : Belly Dancing?

kimberly36
01-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey all, sorry if something like this has been posted before my computer isnt working well for me to search it up on here, but I am thinking of starting belly dancing, on youtube or something, but I was wondering if and how it would benifit me, or if I should just stick to going to the gym, only thing I know that ill get out of it is save more on gas in my truck lol, also would like to know if there is a specific way I should warm my muscles up for it

thnx

DanaR
01-13-2012, 12:11 AM
If you would like to learn feminine movement, bellydancing is a good place to start. I took classes for a few years. Where do you live? There are a lot of good classes available and some good videos. There are also some Yahoo groups devoted to bellydance.

DanaR
01-13-2012, 12:20 AM
To your exercise question, we did stretches at the start of each class. Most of the videos that I've watched have a warm up routine to start the video. There seems to be a lot of bellydancers that are into yoga as well.

kimberly36
01-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks dana, im in canada, I would have to travel to the next city though im in a small town, so all ill get out of it is more feminine movement? still its probably funner way to do cardio though lol. did enjoy yoga alot few years ago ( we had a yoga instructer come every few months to get us to relax after a workout when I was in martial arts) hopefully it would tone my body out a little more, not that happy with my body shape and weight lol