PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thought to entertain

Staci K
01-13-2012, 03:30 AM
Hello all,

Today my daughter shared a theory she said she keeps on her Ipod. The theory reads:

It has been said that when you're about to die, you see the "light" at the end of the tunnel.

What if that "light" is the birth canal to your next life? and that's why all the endorphins and other chemicals are released... so it turns into a hallucination to force you to forget the life you are leaving behind.

I know many scientists theorize that CD'ing is due to a decreased hormonal push while in the fetus stage - while this does seem logical, it's has yet to be scientifically proven.

Furthermore, I'm not a believer in the whole religion thing (ie. heaven & hell); so this passage really got me thinking - could this theory be plausible and our urge to CD is some residue from a former life in a female body? Hmmmm... True or not, it is an interesting thought to entertain.

Nicole

vivianann
01-13-2012, 04:07 AM
Very entertaining thoughts indeed.

Foxglove
01-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Impossible in my case. I have certain knowledge that I was a dog in my last life. (Although I may perhaps have had a beautiful mistress.)

suzy1
01-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Impossible in my case. I have certain knowledge that I was a dog in my last life. (Although I may perhaps have had a beautiful mistress.)

I’m a bit of a dog in this life!

Jorja
01-13-2012, 07:39 AM
I'll let you know just before I go. Hopefully, that is going to be a while yet so don't stay up nights looking for my reply.

monalisa
01-13-2012, 07:54 AM
So we don't get to crossdress in the next life? I thought we were going to Heaven.

Foxglove
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM

So am I. But if we're truly T-girls, wouldn't that make us b*****s? (Gasp!!!)

moondog
01-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I have been dead...no tunnel, no light, no angels singing softly, no warm embrace of all encompassing love, there was nothing. I'm not saying other people are incorrect who have had those experiences. But for me it went like this: I didn't exist, then I was clinically brain dead in a deep coma for three days, and then I awoke. Never found out of they discussed "pulling the plug."

My take: it's a one shot deal and there is no divine retribution, no wrath of God, heaven and hell, or reincarnation. We're here once for how ever long we get and there is no more so make the best of the time you've got. Sometimes I hope I'm wrong, but so far in my life nothing has shown me I'm wrong. Let's face it, who would want to come back as a woman in Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia? Not me. If I could come back as a super hot obscenely rich Swedish super model, yeah, sign me up for another go around, but IF we reincarnate I don't see how we would have a choice in the next life.

And if I did come back as a super hot obscenely rich Swedish super model would I be any happier? If I couldn't take with me the knowledge from THIS life would I even know how good I had it in THAT life?

Sorry if I'm a downer, I'm trying not to be...

TGMarla
01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm not much into the organized religion thing either, but there are too many accounts of the near-death experience to ignore. And I am a very spiritual person. I believe our life force cannot be destroyed, but must go back to God when we die. I also believe in reincarnation, but not in the sense that our entire spirit as it is now is reborn into another life. I think our lives become intertwined when we die, and that any ensuing lives we may live may incorporate parts of many who have gone before - that is, if time is of any consequence to the ethereal essence of life.

I never (ever) bought into that whole hormonal bath thing in regards to CDing. I'm a twin, and I think I can safely say that my brother doesn't crossdress. But I do, and we shared the same womb. So much for that theory. I crossdress because I succumbed to curiosity when I was pre-adolescent. I found that I liked it, and the more I did it, the more drawn to it I became. I think it's that simple.

Karren H
01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
As an engineer I always thought it was stray electrical pulses hitting the optical nerves as your system shuts down... But I could be wrong.

DonnaT
01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
If it were reincarnation, why are some stuck here as ghosts?

Have I seen a ghost? Yes, my Grandma, once. She came to me and told me my mom, her daughter, would be alright, laughed and disappeared. Minutes later I get a call from one of my brothers saying our mom had almost died from a heart attack. Luckily she was already in the hospital (which no one bothered to call and tell me) when it occurred and the doctor was right there.

NicoleScott
01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm a twin, and I think I can safely say that my brother doesn't crossdress.

Just curious, Marla. Identical or fraternal?

Laura912
01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Read National Geographic's recent article on a large identical twin studies. CDing was not addressed, but we're things we're not always consistently the same between twins. There was a thread on the forum about a member whose son was seriously considering changing his gender. The phenomena of cross dressing is still so deeply buried that getting long term familia studies will take a while. On the other issue it is either plan A or plan B. Plan A we die and absolutely nothing happens. Plan B, we die and what happens is beyond the scope and magnitude of any religion or philosophy to describe. It would be like explaining space travel to an ant.

TGMarla
01-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Just curious, Marla. Identical or fraternal?

Fraternal. But I'd wager we both took the same in vitro bath.

BLUE ORCHID
01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi Nicole, Don't get excited about the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's just a Train coming the other way

Mikaela
01-13-2012, 06:33 PM
It's been pretty well documented in the scientific community that much of the common NDE tropes are common because of biology, not cosmology. It also parallels G-LOC and all sorts of other aspects of regular loss of consciousness (euphoria, tunnel vision, out of body experiences).

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100408-near-death-experiences-blood-carbon-dioxide/

http://discovermagazine.com/2005/jul/extreme-states/article_view?b_start:int=1&-C

And I weighed in on reincarnation on another thread, it's bunk...

"If you believe in reincarnation, how to reconcile sheer numbers? There are 7 billion people alive right now (high estimates of about 108 billion births since 50000 BC), while 150 years ago, there were 1 billion in the population. Are all these souls for population growth sitting in a bullpen, never gone out yet? if so, why do those going around more than once so far get that right? Or is the inviolate soul shattering in each generation becoming divisible? Or have we all gone out an equal number of times since we were first walking on the savannah? (That would be 2.5 chances in the past 52000 years, which sucks given stillbirth & infant mortality, assuming you get a soul during one trimester or another. So odds are, this is your first life actually alive and doing something.) "

docrobbysherry
01-13-2012, 08:38 PM
I have it on good authority, (from my priest who got it direct from the LADY upstairs), that I will come back as a dirt clod! Hopefully, a female one? I JUST CAN'T WAIT!

jillleanne
01-14-2012, 06:35 AM
I have often pondered just that. Are gender variant people in a transitional state from one gender to another through rebirth? Another million dollar question eh?

Foxglove
01-14-2012, 06:45 AM
I have often pondered just that. Are gender variant people in a transitional state from one gender to another through rebirth? Another million dollar question eh?

If this is the case, then I'd like to know who screwed up the process. I mean, who's responsible for this mess? Who do I sue?

Cheryl T
01-14-2012, 12:40 PM

I got bit by a dog in this life...lol.

Julogden
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, lots of food for thought. My mom once had the "light at the end of the tunnel" when she had a bad heart attack and lost consciousness, and a good friend of mine tried to commit suicide several years ago and had a classic out-of-body experience, floating at ceiling height while watching family and paramedics gathered around his body, the paramedics working on him. He heard what everyone said, checked later with his family and what he heard was what they had said, so that part wasn't a dream. As the paramedics worked on him, he was pulled back down into his body.

We won't know for sure until our own time comes. Even though I'm not religious in the traditional manner, I suspect that we are essentially spirits having a physical experience and will return to our innately spiritual form between incarnations.

Weird, I know. ;)

Carol

Acastina
01-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Past-lives speculation is a pretty common TG theme, that, for example, MTFs were female in a past life and therefore rebel against their maleness. Having a preference for science over metaphysics, however, I think we're much more likely to find answers by slicing the brains of TG cadavers to look for physical differences and experimenting with fruit flies and rodents to test the effects of prenatal hormone variations...

Stephenie S
01-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Oh for goodness sake. What a waste of time.

Enjoy what you have now and stop worrying about past or future lives. What's wrong with this one? Nothing. Not a thing. If you are unhappy with this one, then go out and do something nice for someone else. You will feel better. I guarantee it!

Foxglove
01-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Oh for goodness sake. What a waste of time.

Enjoy what you have now and stop worrying about past or future lives. What's wrong with this one? Nothing. Not a thing. If you are unhappy with this one, then go out and do something nice for someone else. You will feel better. I guarantee it!

I have to say that I agree with you, Stephenie. I'm not much given to speculating about things that may or may not be true, especially when I can never know for certain whether they are or not. Better to focus on what I do know for sure, or at least can be reasonably certain about. What came before, and what will come after? There's no way I can know. So why waste my time and few remaining brain cells on it?

Annabelle

Allisa
01-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Okay,organized religion, one way to keep the tribe in line and acient aliens doing biological research.After life is alternate universes in time and place ergo ghosts.CDing is just another step in the evolution of mankind and the development of grey matter.Fun ain't it?

Jilmac
01-15-2012, 12:07 AM
An amazing theory indeed, but we can take it a step further and assume that we had a previous life as a female in another universe but with no previous recollection. If that's the case, then perhaps the light at the end of the tunnel will be our rebirth into the next universe and that of a female once again.

Krististeph
01-15-2012, 12:25 AM
If we are more than just the memories in our brains- if there is a spirit that live on- I don't think we are evolved enough to find it. I've done a lot of searching, in a lot of ways, including NDEs of more than one origin. It certainly feels real at the time. All the 'reward in afterlife or rebirth' is completely unprovable, either intentionally or just because it does not exist.

either way, I'm focusing on the here and now, since if a higher power or being put us here, we are evidently expected to live out this life.