PDA

View Full Version : Scotlands TG scene,things looking up?

t-girlxsophie
01-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Apologys Mods if I'm stepping on toes here,chuck this out if you need to.

For the last 18 months the TG Community in my part of the World (west Central Scotland) has been Ill served by the lack of not only Transgender,but LGB Facilities and support.But things are about to Improve the group close to my heart,where I began this fantastic journey had its first meeting for 18 months-Crosslynx TG group-
I have to admit I was a bit wary at first as I thought the focus of the group was shifting towards being TS led,But after a really good chat with the chairwoman I was convinced of a bright future for all sections of our community and became excited for our prospects in the future.

The first meeting was well attended (16 girls,both ts and cd,we even had a S.A. Lady there) we all pitched in with our views on where we wanted the group to go,Its now a registered charity so is well funded,hopefully we can offer the best help for anyone that needs us,I know there are many Trans ppl in Scotland where a group like ours can be a godsend.I was hoping that if anyone here who maybe runs a group,can offer me some advice on the best way to advertise ourselves so that we can reach as many folk as we can.

I know this probably is of no Interest to the majority here,and I apologise in advance,but I just felt I wanted and needed to do my bit to help the group,as without it I wouldn't be where I am today.

:hugs:Sophie

Shelly Preston
01-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi Sophie

I was glad to hear it all went well. Unfortunately I was unable to attend due to work commitments.

I just hope the group can go from strenght to strenght and be supported by as many people as possible.

LeaP
01-13-2012, 07:47 AM
I know this probably is of no Interest to the majority here,and I apologise in advance,but I just felt I wanted and needed to do my bit to help the group,as without it I wouldn't be where I am today.

:hugs:Sophie

You never know who you will touch with a post like this. My background is majority Scottish, I've traveled there, and have been associated with Scottish/American activities for many years (primarily as a competitive piper). I was also a member of the SNP at one time, though I haven't kept that up.

Please do post about your group's activities from time-to-time.

Lea

Foxglove
01-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Any good news regarding the TG community anywhere is of interest to the rest of us. Good work, and please keep us up-to-date.

(How do you see the upcoming Six Nations? Or is that off-topic?)

Annabelle

DonnaT
01-13-2012, 11:23 AM
The best way to advertise yourselves so that you can reach as many folk as you can is by working as many charity functions as y'all can. Set up a booth, if possible, to hand out flyers, and if not possible, wear clothing identifying your group and have flyers on hand to pass out to the curious.

t-girlxsophie
01-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks for replies,I'm just glad that the future appears brighter for us all in this Part of the TG World.Listening to the Group Chairwoman (post op TS) talking of the changing attitudes,and the protection in place for us compared to even the 12 years I've been out was very Positive,and gave great hope for the future.Also shows theres many more sensitive Scots around than the Image portrayed at times,by others

Sophie