PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to SLAP the SA

LIKETODRESS2
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
We were shopping (me and the gf) in a BUCKLE store the other day and we were looking at jeans I have been in his store several times and have bought jean for me in the female section. My girl friend is a little overweithg but not so big that she could not fit into any of there jeans. WHat really got me is when we were looking this little skinny thing come over and says ARE YOU LOOKING FOR YOUR DAUGHTER OR NIECE THEN SHE ADED A SMMILE. AT first i did not say anything then said no. I got so pissed that she would say that first saying my gf is to fat to wear there stuff and two i cant wear them either. As I walked I said I guss I am not good enough to wear your stuff.

DonnaT
01-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Try to always stay calm in such situations, and be ready with a response other than 'no'.

I would have asked her why she thought I was looking for something for a daughter or niece. She might have been concerned with style/age instead of weight.

If it were due to weight, would she be brave enough to say so? If she did, she'd be showing me to the manager for a little talk!

DanaR
01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
I find that type of attitude from SA's horrible; which seems to be more common these days. You almost have to look at them with amusement, because everyone except them, knows that they will not be working there very long. The difficult thing for them will be when they can't find a job and wonder why.

Laura912
01-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Is it possible that your heightened sensitivity while shopping led to a mis-interpretation of her thinking? Especially because you had good experiences there before? Also, there are young people who do not have enough life experience to know us.
Laura

Stephenie S
01-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Having something prepared to say is always a confidence booster.

It's a real shame that we have to do this but it does help to be prepared.

S

carhill2mn
01-13-2012, 05:52 PM
The owner/manager needs to know!

joandher
01-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I would of just asked her if she used to enjoy working here !!

Hugs J-JAY

kimdl93
01-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Is it possible that your heightened sensitivity while shopping led to a mis-interpretation of her thinking? Especially because you had good experiences there before? Also, there are young people who do not have enough life experience to know us.
Laura

I think she made an honest mistake. Everything beyond her question was generated by your mind. She quite innocently assumed that, based on her knowledge of sizing, that the item you were looking at was for someone else. I see no reason to infer any other intentions.

Lorileah
01-13-2012, 06:25 PM
I might have said "why yes, we left them here somewhere have you seen them?"

Not saying the SA was right, in fact she was wrong all the way, but she was probably new. And then just look how many people here on the forum claim you have to dress "age appropriate" and we should be even more sensitive to how others dress. I am sure that is what she was insinuating that it was a young persons style. So the slight wasn't anything to do with weight or gender, just her perception that it wasn't the style you would be likely to wear. It would have been good for her if you would have just said "no we are looking for us." She may have learned not to judge and she may have been the best SA you ever met when she tried to make up for her gaff.

Stephanie47
01-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Sounds more like a misunderstanding. It may have been her attempt to be helpful. Maybe management has an insane policy of making contact with customers to be helpful, and, she did not know just how to approach it. When I go to target I'm approached by so many SA's asking if I need help at to be an annoyance. But, they're doing their job.

darci.c
01-13-2012, 06:56 PM
don't sweat it.

she probably didn't know what she was doing.

Shananigans
01-13-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry this happened. I used to work at this store. (By "work" I mean that I spent more on clothe than I actually made). But, I can tell you men buying women's pants is nothing new in this store. I can't tell you how many "scene" boys I fitted in women's jeans. The only problem I had with them is when they would come out of the dressing room and compain that the jeans were "too tight on the boys."

Sometimes it sucks being an SA though. I had to fit a larger woman that was having trouble getting into out largest size, so I offered a fit in the male's denim.

I never lived that one down...I've never been dog-cussed to that degree at any other time in my life. We say dumb things sometimes...usually it's due to being short-staffed and having to open AND close. Lord only knows who all I offended on my "zombie shifts."

Hopefully you'll still go back though because they DO have great jeans, huh?

Amy Lynn3
01-13-2012, 08:54 PM
What is wrong with SA's just asking if they may help you. No need for them to assume why you are in their store and say off the wall stuff. I have noticed most SA's now days think they must sell you something, but in reality people know what they want before they ever enter the store. The SA is there to assist, not upset the patrons.

Cheryl T
01-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I would have looked her in the eye and said "NO, they're for me!"
See what that would have done to her smile.

Nicole Erin
01-14-2012, 01:19 PM
I doubt she meant anything by it.
This is why people are afraid to say anything these days. Some people take the simplest statements and construe it into some lengthy insult in their mind.

kimberly ann487
01-14-2012, 01:29 PM
I think the only thing that SA was guility of was being a dumb twit. Not an uncommon condition in young people these days.

LIKETODRESS2
01-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Maybe I am over reacting or maybe she is a just stupid. But i do think sa do need to think before they talk. Also I did call the store and say what I thought of her. I was pissses because in fact i was looking or me but my gf was hurt as well by what she said