PDA

View Full Version : The Pink Fog, Friday the 13th.......

donnatracey
01-14-2012, 12:13 AM
I am always a bit apprehensive of Fri the 13th and have been know to lay low to avoid any incidents, etc. Well, today I had to go the PO to mail a rather large check to Uncle Sam and then was headed over to the mall again to let Donna out a bit again. As I get ready to put the check in the envelope and seal it, I noticed the written amount and the numbers did not match - only off by a thousand fold!....:doh: No doubt the IRS would not have been impressed so I wrote another check, and then was off to the PO. In my haste to get in and out I noticed after I walked in that I had left on a rather "fem" necklace...oops! Too late to try and get it off with grace (I tried!) so I tried to hide as much as I could under my collar. The PO clerk did not seem to notice and I finished up and headed to the mall. As I get there 15 mins later I realize I did not have my wallet....no $$$, no license, no ID, etc. This has NEVER happened to me in my entire life before. Believe me, I drove very carefully back home, esp after seeing several cars pulled over by the police.....

I can only so I attribute it to the infamous "pink fog" combining with Fri the 13th....:doh: The good news is I did remember to remove my wig, earrings and most of my lipstick....:o:o

I swear all this changing back and forth this week has really gotten to me this week as I gradually take Donna out of the house.

But I made it home OK intact tonight after my 2nd experience of walking around the outside mall which I have to say is rather invigorating, yet scary at the same time. Like you girls say, it gets a bit easier the more you do it.

jillleanne
01-14-2012, 06:21 AM
And you are how old again?? Get ready , it gets worse. lol

Foxglove
01-14-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm with Jilleanne. It may have nothing to do with CDing. I've got to the point that sometimes I forget to do things, but more often I do actually do them but then later forget that I've done them. So when I go to do them, I find they're already done, and for the life of me can't remember doing them.

It's no fun losing your mind. Best wishes, Annabelle.

donnatracey
01-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks, ladies, for cheering me up.....:heehee: I'm just over 60 and usually I am not forgetful and disorganized. I know as you age these little thing start happening to most of us but I do think it was to due to my preoccupation with heading out dressed. Dealing with the IRS certainly didn't help though....:sad: