PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite colour of nailpolish?

Joanne_2003
10-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I have two, a light pink and Mabellines Ruby Desire Wet Shine Diamonds
:)

Adrianne
10-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Pink or red.

Wendy me
10-27-2005, 01:29 PM
wow ok like pink, red ,clear white oh i like them all..........

Midnight_Minx
10-27-2005, 02:35 PM
^_^ Black or red. ^_^

~Viv~

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-27-2005, 02:44 PM
With Viv
"^_^ Black or red. ^_^"

Kayla Smith
10-27-2005, 02:56 PM
I would say that pink is my favorite color:c9: , the brighter the better. I also like blue(light or dark), bright red, clear, white frost, french pink, purple and glitter sparkles of any color.:gorgeous:
OPI nail polish I think is the best brand of polish.:GE:

Julie York
10-27-2005, 03:10 PM
I have never worn nail polish but I think an outragious pink or something really funky like metallic blue or glittery red would be fun. Trouble is it doesn't come off that quickly when the door bell rings!! :eek:

DawnRodgers
10-27-2005, 03:14 PM
I just love the brightest, shiniest wet look red I can find. I want my nails to be extra visible and noticeable. I enjoy seeing them shine and flash as I move my hands and fingers. Especially fine when I type (as I'm doing now). A secondart color os the same type of polish in a medium pik. I keep my toes polished with the matching color to my nails. I keep my toes polished at all tiumes even when my nwils are in man mode but I will sometuimes go out and about when they are pink.
Dawn

DanaJ
10-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Hmmmmm, a nail thread? OK, I guess I'll post something here :D

Reds, pinks, purples, corals, fuschias, golds, silvers are all good - but I LOVE a nice classic pink and white French :)

As far as brands - well, China Glaze, Essie and Haken are the ones I think are best.

Here's a pic of my nail tech's wall (well, one of them :))

Misty_VA
10-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I would have to agree with Dana a classic french manicure is so sexy. I can't pick my favorite color because it is going to be based on the time of year. Darker colors for the fall/winter and brighter colors for the spring/summer.

Misty

Deena
10-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Mine is DareDevil Creme Red. I love the smooth texture and sexy feel that it gives my nails and hands. Better yet the same on acrylics.

Hugs,

Deena

Jodi Lynn
10-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Red, Red, and more Red

Sharon
10-27-2005, 05:57 PM
My favorites are the translucent pinks that I can keep on no matter where I go.
But when I feel a need to really fem myself, well then a good bright red can't be beat.:)

AlysonCD
10-27-2005, 06:05 PM
I like a nice sky blue or a light purple. Also like the usuals, like red and pink

cosmolovesph
10-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Bright or dark reds...

HaleyPink2000
10-27-2005, 09:38 PM
I bought three kinds from WalMart.
One is a sparkley silver with like glittery pieces in it. The other is a Vivid Dark Red. Then a top coat that drys in 30 seconds.

I put on the silver glittery nail polish first. Then a top coat of clear sealer that makes it dry in 30 seconds. Then goes on a coating of the vivid Dark Red. Followed by a coat of the clear sealer that dries in 30 seconds. Done! It looks like a red metal flake deep deep car finish.
Kinda like Dorthy's shoes " from the movie "! Her Ruby Red shoes.

Nail Slicks #360 cabernet
Love My Nails, milky way #1584, glittery silver
Instant Dry, Salley Hansen, anti chip top coat, clear

Haley:)

HaleyPink2000
10-27-2005, 10:06 PM
My Nail Polish!

JulieNY
10-27-2005, 10:32 PM
OPI nail polish I think is the best brand of polish.:GE:

My gf and I have the Chicago set on our list to buy. Looks nice... :)

My favorite right now is L'Oreal 810, Shuttle Perle. It's a metallic-ish light purple. It's soft, and goes well with light complexions. I think, at least.

My gf is sporting CG 036, Preppy Pink (if not the color then the name suits well :p). It's a light pink with a bit of glitter.

TGMarla
10-27-2005, 10:39 PM
I LOVE pretty nails. Alas, I am not at liberty to paint mine. When the opportunity to dress comes along, nails are usually just too time intensive to make all pretty, and then clean up nice later. I did get some "falsies" once, and I was in heaven with them for a while. I even left them on overnight because I liked them so much. Perhaps I'll do that again soon. But enough self-pity and blathering. To the point, I really like red, pink, and shades in between, like a dusty rose or a mauve. Fucsia anyone?

Deanna2
10-28-2005, 01:56 AM
I wear clear wet shine on my fingers for regular daytime wear. Only ever been sprung once and had to go into a routine about how messy I am at varnishing cabinets. When I dress up I'll often wear bright red. My toes are always painted in a metallic gold colour.

Katie Ashe
10-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Ice Frost, and Chick Pink, Sorry no picks..

MsEva
10-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I have toned it down over the years...used to love stark colors..now much prefer the ones my wife likes too. Sand colored, clear, white frost...:thumbsup:

vicky V
10-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes, red, especially deep colored reds.

love,

vicky v

Shelly Preston
10-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Hot Pink
Lipfinity by Max Factor

iseiai no okama
10-28-2005, 05:54 PM
it depends whether i'm in drab or dressed.

In drab i generally use black, white, red, and may get other colors like green, yellow, blue, and i generally paint either patterns like a fish scale, a bleed type pattern or dots. Or symbols, like the planetary symbols or other symbols.

When dressed however, i usually just wear colors straight, depending on what i'm wearing, i usually wear the sparkly light colored pinks that most gals my age wear. Or just plain black.

rachel_jean
10-28-2005, 06:38 PM
I prefer plum, wine, burgandy and similiar shades.

Lauren_T
10-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I like the same shades on nails as I do on lips; mauves / roses / pinks... :angel:

Tedi
10-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Wet Shine, Cherry Rain.

Joanne_2003
10-29-2005, 12:38 AM
When you paint your nails, do you use a base coat, colour coat, and a top coat or just the colour coat. I found that my nails last longer with the base coat and top coat. I also use a buffing brush to remove the ridges of my nails before applying the base coat. Just curious!

DanaJ
10-29-2005, 07:24 AM
A base coat should always be used when using reds and blues (those colors can stain the nails). Lighter colors, if only staying on for a short time, can go on without a basecoat. A good topcoat is essential if you want the polish to stay pretty, but again, only if you are leaving it on for days.....

A 3 or 4-way buffer is also essential to get nice smooth, shiny nails - with or without polish....

JulieNY
10-29-2005, 08:47 AM
When you paint your nails, do you use a base coat, colour coat, and a top coat or just the colour coat.

I've tried both both. With the top and bottom coat my nails chipped less but had a tendency to peel. I had Revlon 2 in 1 quick dry (something close to that title). I think the alcohol in quick dry formulas makes peeling more likely, or so I've been told. I think I'll buy something a bit nicer, next time.

Billie1
10-29-2005, 09:15 AM
The redder the better! :D

gennee
10-29-2005, 07:41 PM
I like pink, white, clear, and lavender.

Gennee :)

HaleyPink2000
11-06-2005, 03:48 PM
In this thred I'd like to ask if there is a nice place to get a nice rack for a bathroom wall for mine and my Wife's nail polish?

Haley:)

stacy_ramos
11-06-2005, 06:02 PM
The shimmery 'pink ice' works for me. I also love the look of 'black rage' when I am dressed in black. I have a wide range. I am getting up the nerve to get a french pedicure. In sandals, the pink and white look so nice.

Lotte L
11-07-2005, 09:34 AM
I have two, a light pink and Mabellines Ruby Desire Wet Shine Diamonds
:)
During a day in the office I wear Chanel 167 named Ballerina. Very natural and nobody seems to notice. In the mood I use "Love that red" from revlon.
Lotte L

JocelynG
11-07-2005, 10:44 AM
My favorite colors would be a dark red like Revlon Blackberry or a light pink with glitter

Joanne_2003
11-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Hmmmmm, a nail thread? OK, I guess I'll post something here :D

Reds, pinks, purples, corals, fuschias, golds, silvers are all good - but I LOVE a nice classic pink and white French :)

As far as brands - well, China Glaze, Essie and Haken are the ones I think are best.

Here's a pic of my nail tech's wall (well, one of them :))
I tried applying a classic french manicure once but had difficulty with the white tip. It was uneven and looked terrible, any tips on how to do it properly?

DanaJ
11-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I tried applying a classic french manicure once but had difficulty with the white tip. It was uneven and looked terrible, any tips on how to do it properly?Well, many French manicure kits come with a semi-circle sticker (stencil) that is applied to the nail's free edge and then the white is painted on there, then the stencil is removed ... but I think painting the white part free hand is best. It just takes a lot of practice, practice, practice.....

Jamie001
11-11-2005, 08:24 PM
OPI I'm not Really a Waitress for my toes.