PDA

View Full Version : Came out to my mom today.....

JessicaM1985
01-15-2012, 01:59 AM
I moved in with my mom and her roommate a couplr years back after I lost both my job and my fiancee a few years back and habe been struggling to get back on my feet since. I finally managed to get back into school and get my life on track. But in tje last year, I've been going through rapid changes in my life. I came out as bisexual and soon found a boyfriend. My mom knows and accepts this, albeit hesitantly.

Well today I told her about the crossdressing. I explained to her that I've been into CD even longer than me having bi feelings. She was way more accepting than I thought she would be. She tild me that she loves me regardless, and always will. She said tjat she isn't ready to see me dressed yet because she still wants time to process what I've told her, so hold off on doing it around her for now. But I have free reign to her makeup and wig, provided I put things back when I'm done and endeavor to buy my own stuff at some point. I agreed wholeheartedly, and tjat was the discussion. I heard her ranting about my brother in law who is a crossdresser in the past, and how she is weirded out by it, so this was a really scary step for me, but I knew that if I wanted more freedom in my dressing than being locked in a bathroom, then I had to come out. I'm shocked and strangely suspicious about it going as well as it did. But I'll roll with it for now. I think it helped by me coming out to her in guy mode and just being completely honest about everything, including me borrowing her wig and makeup from time to time. I know that it,could have gone WAY worse than it did, and I'm glad that it didn't.

paulaprimo
01-15-2012, 02:13 AM
congrats to you jessica!! still being in the "closet" i sure that was a tremendous burden lifted off of your shoulders. i hope to be as brave as you some day. i know that i hate living a lie and would just love to throw on a dress and come out!! continued success to you! you should be very happy and proud of yourself!!

Devorah
01-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Congrats Jessica! I know it couldn't have been easy for you and it took alot of courage. It is clear your Mom loves you and will continue to support you and that's a great place to be :)

Based on what you wrote, I think it might be better for you to get your own make-up, wigs, etc . Not having to share her own personal items may make it less intrusive to her in the long run too. The fact that it was a topic of discussion suggests that it may be more of an issue than she lets on.

DanaR
01-15-2012, 02:17 AM
That's nice Jessica about your mom being fairly accepting. Your brother in law might have given you some help, because of his crossdressing. Some of your moms makeup, it would better not to share. Have your mom help you get some of your own.

JessicaM1985
01-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Quick update:

So a couple hours after this happened, I get a knock on my door and in comes my mom with a few girly shirts she found and wanted me to try on to see if they fit. I'm a really big gal, so sadly none of them did. But I was blown away that she made that effort to try and be supportive. I made sure to give her a big hug and thanked her for everything. :)

DanaR
01-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Quick update:

So a couple hours after this happened, I get a knock on my door and in comes my mom with a few girly shirts she found and wanted me to try on to see if they fit. I'm a really big gal, so sadly none of them did. But I was blown away that she made that effort to try and be supportive. I made sure to give her a big hug and thanked her for everything. :)

That is very cool. You can tell how much your mom loves you.

vivianann
01-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Good for you, I wish you the best in your relationship with your mother, and her acceptance of you r crossdressing.

Loni
01-15-2012, 04:36 AM
mom's are great people.

Nicole Erin
01-15-2012, 04:57 AM
There may be a time or two in the future when things hit rough patches but overall it should be fine.

JenniferLynn0370
01-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Wow Jessica; that's fantastic! I hope all continues to go well with your Mother. Sounds like you have some wonderful times ahead with her. Enjoy!!

Hugs,
Jen

PretzelGirl
01-15-2012, 09:51 AM
It sounds like you have am very loving mother. Return the favor and let it ride without being in her view for a while. This gives her time to process her thoughts. And I agree with those that day to get your own make-up. My daughter got into mine the other day and I wasn't too happy. Some things aren't made for sharing.

calebsmithxd
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Congrats Jessica! Your mom sounds awesome and this just goes to show that you never know what someone's reaction might be. Sometimes it turns out more positive than you think.

Kristy_K
01-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Nice going Jessica. I would think your Mom will be very supportive.

I wish you the best ,
Kristy

JessicaM1985
01-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks ladies! :D

Yeah my mom is really cool. I just had a hard time coming out to her because of some transphobic comments that she had made, but she is one of those moms that would help me anyways just becausr she cares that much. Out of respect, I've refrained from dressing at all to give her time. It's driving me crazy, but I'll live. I want her to know that I love and respect her just as much...

SallyS
01-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I 'accidentally' came out to my mother over 20 years ago!

I was having therapy because of my CD'ing tendencies (I was only 20'ish at the time and thought there must have been something wrong with me :)). She just happened to bump into me coming out of the therapist.

As it was at a Hospital, she was concerned that I has some sort of health problem.

Reluctantly I 'confessed' to my cross-dressing and she was OK with it.

Years later, and for reasons I don't need to go into, I no longer see my mother.
I now feel that she has something that belongs to me....my 'secret'

It didn't bother me when she first knew, but now I hate the fact she has inmate knowledge of something I only share with my wife. It's like she has a trump card over me:sad:

But that said, I'm distant enough, emotionally, from my family not to be too bothered is she tells them all I'm a CD'er!

kimdl93
01-16-2012, 09:24 AM
parents are like that. What they might object to in a stranger or brother in law, they find a way to accept in a child.

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Congrats to you and your mom. Get your own make-up though, it is not good to share makeup, can get infections.

anonymousinmaryland
01-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Be thankful that you have a mom to hold and hug. Mine's been gone a while, but like I always say, she knew. Moms know everything. Best wishes.