PDA

View Full Version : CD friendly shops in the Exeter area

Lisa_legs
01-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Hi Girls.
I have been crossdressing for years and always buy of the internet.
I would love to go into a shop and try thing on first. Does anyone know of any CD friendly shops in the Exeter area or any area nearby.
I have this fantasy about being in the dressing room and being helped by the assistant, first choosing my underwear and then my outer clothes.
Hope you can help me girls. Thanks

Dealight
01-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi Lisa, love to help, but can you be more specific? Exeter, UK? Exeter NH?
I am sure there will be a few good suggestions for you.... :)

Good Luck,

Dea

Lisa_legs
01-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi Dea, that would be Exeter UK

Lesley Ann
01-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Hello Lisa,
I know Exeter, Devon. It is not know as a world centre for us! But you have an University, so maybe things have changed, also an excellent Theatre and a good shopping centre, so perhaps there are shops that will allow you to try on clothes in the womans section. I tried to try on a dress at M&S at Marble Arch, only to be told to go to the mens changing room, which I did, and my partner came with me to help, no one batted an eyelid! I have not tried since. I now buy and take home my purchases, and if they do not fit take them back the following week. I wish you good luck in finding what you desire, and if you do let me know please, as I am often in Exeter, and I would love the expirence. Best wishes,
Lesley Ann

LizCD
01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't swear to it but I think you will find Asda might be what you are after being part of the Wal-Mart group they have to abide by company policy which is not to discriminate to any person no matter what they want to try on.

Rachel Flowers
01-15-2012, 05:53 PM
A non-discrimination policy (which I thought I hear years ago M&S had, actually?) is one thing.

What Lisa wants is active advice and assistance and I'm not sure her local Asda superstore can provide that!

I'm fairly new to outerclothes & only bought two dresses in shops so far but I've been very lucky with the fit, both in style and size, both times. Both times in Tesco, actually!

squiffle2002
01-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Try Real McCoys off Fore Street - I dont think I have ever tried anything on in there but I doubt they would bat an eyelid.
They have a good selection of vintage wear some fancy dress and accessories.