PDA

View Full Version : Mail...

Christa001
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Recently I ordered a new wig from Paula Young.When the box got here,it said Paula Young on the box..It was my daughters bday then and she saw the box ( mabye thinking its a present for her) however i dont think she saw the label.Teens being what they are just have to google the name to see whats in the box...close call for me !

Christa

DanaR
01-15-2012, 10:49 PM
That's one of the downsides of ordering through the mail. You might be better off biting the bullet and go into a store and buy your wig and take it home. At least this way you won't have to deal with the mail.

Kate17
01-15-2012, 10:52 PM
One thing to watch out for - Paula Young send a lot of mail- wig brochures once you buy form them.

angpai30
01-15-2012, 11:15 PM
That is why I bought my wig local!

Kristen~~

KIRA ANN
01-16-2012, 07:17 AM
You could always get a P.O. Box. Most things can be sent to them.

Noortje
01-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Some stores have visible labels, but some don't. If it is important to you, you can always ask them about their shipping in advance. There have to be online stores that send their wigs "discreetly". You just need to find them!

Christa001
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I think I will go to a wig store next time to avoid the risk.Lesson learned.Thank you to all for your replies.

Christa

Eryn
01-16-2012, 04:53 PM
I've ordered very little CD stuff delivered to my house, yet I get a healthy quantity of "interesting" mail simply because I've ordered things for my wife and daughters. One company sells their mailing list to another and they sell it to another. After ordering items from the "Signals" catalog I started getting catalogs for wiccan stuff and christian stuff even though I've ordered neither.

The message? You'll get odd mailings no matter what, don't worry about it. If you want a plausible explanation for getting stuff in the mail simply buy a gift for your wife or daughter from Victoria Secret or some-such. You'll be covered forevermore.

docrobbysherry
01-16-2012, 09:12 PM
I'll be receiving my Paula Young wigs any day now. Wasn't that a GREAT SALE, Christa? Of course, mine will be arriving at my office. And, anyone there who sees the box will think THEY R for my daughter or GF!

RenneB
01-16-2012, 09:55 PM
I suppose that's the only good thing about being out of work is that I'm home when the letter carrier drops the mail off. But that was up until a few weeks ago when I left the closet. Now, I'm shopping for my own wigs en fem and having a blast...

Renne.....

Christa001
01-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Doc, it is a very good sale...:)

linda allen
01-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Ordering through the mail or over the Internet and paying with a credit card are two things that can get you in trouble if you don't want people knowing what you're buying.

Many of the CD shops ship in plain boxes but mainstream vendors plaster their names all over the packages and start sending you junk mail.

As for the credit card - "Honey, what's this $100 charge to Barb's Big Boobs?"

Paypal might help to disguise on-line purchases.

Kaitlyn Michele
01-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Sorry but you may be totally screwed...

My experience was with World of Wigs...Most wig stores know the crossdresser community and will cater to you in many ways..

however, i was shocked when I got BOMBARDED with mail..wigs, clothes, lingerie, make up, jewelry..etc... a couple of mailings may be easily explainable, but i was getting 10 pieces per week..i don't know if paula young sells your address or not
World of wigs took me off their list, but it was too late, my address was in cyberspace as a female buyer

You may want to call them directly and ask them if they have a mailing list, and if they sell your address, and ask to be taken off the list

jillleanne
01-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Just because a box has a name on it does not mean that's what's in the box. When I was in business we shipped all sorts of things in different boxes. Who knows, maybe you just got a new dry fly for trout fishing.

DanaR
01-17-2012, 04:31 PM
One thing to watch out for - Paula Young send a lot of mail- wig brochures once you buy form them.
Oh, that catalogs, this is something that I forgot about. I've had a Post Office Box for about twenty years, mainly because of stuff like this. Our ex brother-in-law used to live on the next street and was always getting our mail. Same house on the next street. That is the main reason that I got the PO Box. That way everything that came for her had her name on it. In twenty years, I've never had a problem that way.

Jilmac
01-17-2012, 05:22 PM
The best way I found to keep my femme purcases away from family eyes was to get a PO box. Whenever I would order something, I would check the box daily and when it arrived I could put in my stash with the rest of my pretty things. Now I don't worry about prying eyes because I'm an empty nester and can have items delivered right to the door.