PDA

View Full Version : A thought about shoes

JessHaust
01-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Like mostof you I adore shoes and have always gravitated toward high heels. I have several pairs of 4-4.5" heels.
Reciently I was at a poker party with some CD friends. The hostess is one of those amazing looking girls with a ton of confidence. She had kicked off her heels and was just stocking footed. After awhile I did the same. Now i'm 5'8" and with 4 1/2" heels, it puts me over 6foot!
I noticed that without the heels, I was now shorter than most in the room, which felt surprisingly feminine.
Since then I have found a pair of strap pumps in a 2 1/2" heel.
It feels really great, I get that high heel look that I like, and still remain well under 6foot tall.

daviolin
01-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes high heels are sexy and eluring, I love them. But I have recentlly fallin madly in love with flats. I persomally think there as sexy as heels. Daviolin

KayleeDahl
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
I think you'll find that most 6ft + GG's wear flats most of the time (i realize it is a generalization, but does it does reflect my experience). I have 4 in my circle of friends, and I rarely see them in any heel over 2 inches, and flats are the most common footwear. For me, to help blend in as a 6'3" CD, i also wear flats most of the time even though I do love high heels. Its just a matter of blending in better (if at all)

Hugs
Kaylee

RenneB
01-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Well Jess, I too am a lover of the 4 inch crowd and at 5'8" I too get to that 6' mark with the heels. However, when I picked up a pair of 3" heels and put them on, walking just wasn't the same. I dumped them and went back to the 4 inch heels and have never looked back. I will admit to having one pair of 3" heel boots for winter, as walking with any type of speed is easier with shorter heels.

Renne.....

JessicaJ805
01-16-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm 5-11 and love 4 and 5 inch heels, but one of these days if I ever venture out, I am sure it will be in no more than a 3 inch heel at first, if not something less just to try to blend in better.

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm only 5'7" and I really like 3" heels, most of my 75 plus pairs are that size. I do have some 4 and 5 inch heels but they are not my favorites, harder to walk the malls in them.

Audrey34
01-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I have two pairs of 3 3/4" platform heel sandals but ordinarily I won't go higher than 3". So much easier for me to walk in 3".
-Audrey

Billie Jean
01-21-2012, 01:12 PM
All my heels are 3-3 1/2 inches. When I have had them on for a while and they start to hurt my feet I'll take them off. The last time I was at the club I took them of before getting up to sing karaoke. Billie Jean