PDA

View Full Version : Telling loved ones

Natalie x
10-27-2005, 05:02 PM
There have been a few threads lately about telling wives, SOs, family, people who are important to you, about your crossdressing, or not telling them, or trying to tell them. I didn't want to hijack anybody else's thread, so I started a new one for my recent experience.

My daughter is the person most dear to me in the whole world. I guess it's the father-daughter thing. For me, that made it harder to tell her than anybody else. If she took it badly, say we had a row or something and I couldn't see her or my grandchildren, I would be devastated.

My daughter got married a couple of months ago, and I just couldn't say anything before the wedding; I wouldn't do anything to spoil her special day. But since the wedding, I have been trying to find an opportunity to tell her. Yesterday was the first time we have been able to be alone for long enough to "do it". I was really, really scared. I mean, I know she is a thoughtful, sensitive woman, and didn't doubt that, if it was anyone else but her dad, she would be supportive. But a girl needs her daddy, and I was worried that she would freak out.

Ya know what? She said "No problem, I figured it out anyway" (not her exact words, but three hours of talking compressed into one sentence). Because she cares about me, she wants me to get some outside help, to check my health and welfare. That's fair, and for her sake I will get checked out soon. But she is so supportive, she has even asked to see some pictures, even so soon after telling her.

So this thread is here to give some encouragement to anyone who needs to tell, but is afraid of what will happen. Of course, these things don't always go so well, and there are as many tales of disasters, but at least sometimes things work out ok. Good luck to you if you are planning to do it.

Ellaine
10-27-2005, 05:09 PM
You are truly blessed but honest, brave and caring enough to deserve it ...Good luck to you and yours hon.

Hugs Ellaine

Sharon
10-27-2005, 05:33 PM
That's wonderful, Grace, and I'm very happy for you.:)

Daughters are something, aren't they? They always seem to be a couple steps ahead of us.

Wendy me
10-27-2005, 06:23 PM
wow greate to hear that and i am soooooooo happy it went well..............

KatieZ
10-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Good for you. Glad it worked out so well.

I have a daughter that I would like to tell also, but like you I am afraid that if she didn't accept it I would never see her or her boys again. So I am backing off telling her. For me there's way too much to loose and nothing really to gain.

Hugs

ChrissyCrossedLegs
10-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Grace
I have 3 daughters who thankfully I won't ever have to go through this with, they all know already.
I struggle each and everyday as to which is the best way forward, although of course now we (it was a joint decision) have decided this is the best thing, there is no going back.
Will my 3 little girls resent me for showing them what 'daddy' is really like whilst they are at such a young age... ?? I don't know, I really don't.

I know right now that when I don't dress, one by one, each of them comes to me, quietly whilst I am sat watching tv...
"Daddy, you ok"
'Sure hon, why'?
"Well we aint seen Sammy for a long time, sure your ok"?
Now this may have something to do with them not being able to get to my make up box when SammyJo goes into hiding, but I am sure it's not all down to that. If my 11yr old is starting to get a little weird at times concerning 'Dad's clothes', I am trying to work out how much of it just her picking something to be weird about... I hear most 11 yr old girls these days get that way.. CD dad or not??

Don't mean to do a hyjack job on your post Grace, really don't, I only wanted to show that I took the 'other path', so to speak, I'll let you know in 20 years time how mine turned out.
SO SO pleased it went well for you, but so far no one has pointed out the flippin obvious... she was raised by parents who taught her well and loved her.. did you really expect anything else.. a reflection of her dad me thinks?

Shannon
10-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Grace, I am happy that it worked out so well for you. Obviously some good parenting on your part to have raised an understanding and supportive daughter! Thanks for sharing this.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-28-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm so happy to hear things went so well. Your daughter is a credit to her parents. ;)

Phoebe Reece
10-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Grace, it's really heartwarming to hear a story of how things have gone well. It should certainly give some of the folks here something to think about.

My situation is like Sammy Jo's. My kids grew up knowing about my crossdressing. They ended up just fine and we are all still very close. I'm still just "Daddy" no matter how I am dressed.

Natalie x
10-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Aaahhh, big hug ... :gh:

Thank you all for your lovely replies. Yes, she is a very special person and I am really proud of her.

:hugs:

Lauren_T
10-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Grace, you're just knocking down obstacles left and right... On a roll, I think they call that. :thumbsup: :^5: :)

Paula Rae
10-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey Grace,
Ellaine, Sharon, Wendy Me, Katie, Sammy, Shannon, Darla, and Phoebe. All the cream of the crop., Let me add my name to the list of many who say: You did a great job of raising your daughter and we are all proud of you.

Ricki B

Missy Anne's GG
10-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi Grace,

It is so heartwarming to hear that your daughter was fine with your crossdressing. That must be such a relief to you.

Missy Anne's GG