PDA

View Full Version : Life throws a 'curve ball'

SallyS
01-16-2012, 05:38 AM
Well up until know I have pretty much free rein to be myself during the day.

Unfortunately my 17 year daughter has decided to drop out of college and get a job!

It's her choice I guess, but now she's at home during the day, Sally has to be 'tucked' away :sad:

I'm hoping it's not too long before she finds work (hard for a 17 year old these days).

In the meantime I'll do my best to help and encourage her to find a job!

I'm sure all of us, at times, have our lifestyle choices curtailed, through one thing or another?

I only hope she's not unemployed for too long.

Barbara B
01-16-2012, 06:21 AM
I Know how your feeling, same thing happened here last year when our son dropped out of university. I seem to have gone from all the time in the world to snatching a few hours whilst he's out, life's so frustrating at times. I suppose if I'm not prepared to share this side of me with him, it's a cross I have to bear for the time being.

Foxglove
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
I have similar constraints right now, and it certainly is frustrating. I'm not sure what I can do about it. One or two options that are pretty drastic. For right now, I've adopted a wait-and-see strategy. There is a chance that things will sort themselves out in the near future, so a bit of patience is in order--though patience isn't exactly my long suit.

kimdl93
01-16-2012, 09:35 AM
I've been working at home and living en femme for the better part of three years now. Last summer, my youngest step daughter moved back in with us to save money and pay off bills. For about 9 months, I confined my dressing to the hours when she was away. But late last summer, I had a conversation with her and explained about myself. She encouraged me to dress the way I wanted, and assured me that it was no problem for her. It worked out fine.

Karren H
01-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Ohh I know how that sucks!! I'm still waiting for a straight pitch! Lol. Our son lasted one semister... Now 3 years later, EMT school amd Auto Mechanics school and he still is unemployed. And we took in his friend who's mother lost her house... I don't see this ending any time soon either. **sigh**

JessicaJ805
01-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Reading these posts makes me feel lucky that I live alone!

Karren H
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Reading these posts makes me feel lucky that I live alone!

Well.... Reading this make me feel sad... :(

Lorileah
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Let's see, college age. presumably adult, presumably thinks they are mature enough to quit school to join the workforce (you might relate that college graduates on average make a million dollars more in their lifetime). They went to college so they have been exposed to things in the world and are not naive. You are human (remember when they knew MORE than you did?), it is your house, you pay the bills (she should help or pay rent, but that is just me). Wear what you want. There is no reason to NOT talk to her about this. Old enough to go to college, old enough to know.

RenneB
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
I'll agree that college isn't for everyone, as one of the richest guys in the world is a college dropout. I too dropped out at 17 and tryed working for a living. Manual labor is a bi*ch. You'll end up sore and tired each day. After about a year of that, I joined the military to get my act together. Three years later, I was ready and more mature to return to college. Graduated at the top of my class and had a great job ever since. If I had my druthers, about a degree or no degree, I'd go with the degree. It's just one more thing to put you above the rest.

Too many employers want to weed out the number of candidates and will use that piece of paper to eliminate the number of applications. I'd introduce your drop out to the workforce that has a highschool education at 20 years and see if that's where they want to be. If it is, fine, if not then.... well each of us makes our own timeline....

Renne.....

larry
01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
I hope the situation works out for the best and soon. Just had to share that I spit coffee all over the desk as I read your pun
"Sally has to be 'tucked' away" which is usually something else on this forum. hehehe

stacycoral
01-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I know economy is bad, i work and don't, i am skilled in the trade that i have worked in for yerars, Right now is the time to go to college, and maybe when they gradutate world maybe better, i personally have two college kids attending. I really hope the economy can run around in the near future. I wish you well, Sally will be there, i know it hard soimetimes not to dress, but you are being a great parent,And take is one of best jobs you will ever have.

Debra Russell
01-16-2012, 12:22 PM
I know how you feel. My wife lost her job (she worked every other week end ) and my daughter and her 19 yr old son have been going through a bad patch and are living with us -- only small blips of time for being dressed and no time to go out --- very frustrating......................Debra

Lynn Marie
01-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Homes full of children, relatives, and even friends is pretty indicative of tough times. Privacy is most definitely a luxury of good economic conditions. Most of the rest of the world lives very close to one another. We in America are extremely fortunate to have such a fabulous amount of space to live in and an extraordinary degree of privacy. Our expectations far outdistance just about all of the rest of the planet.

Maybe that's why crossdressing is as prevalent as it is here. Most everybody else can't get far enough away from others to find a closet to dress in!

Joann Smith
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Well up until know I have pretty much free rein to be myself during the day.

Unfortunately my 17 year daughter has decided to drop out of college and get a job!

It's her choice I guess, but now she's at home during the day, Sally has to be 'tucked' away :sad:

I'm hoping it's not too long before she finds work (hard for a 17 year old these days).

In the meantime I'll do my best to help and encourage her to find a job!

I'm sure all of us, at times, have our lifestyle choices curtailed, through one thing or another?

I only hope she's not unemployed for too long.

Do not want put any more rain on your game ...But my kid took a put off collage to get a job at 17 yrs old... he dam near 26 now and just figured it out that he needs a degree to get a job....If i knew then like i know now i would have punched him in the head every untill he went back to school ....

JessHaust
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
I just told my Daughters, and they have become my biggest assets. One teaches me mannerisms, there other taught me makeup. They now go out with me when I dressed and love it!

ArleneRaquel
01-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I just told my Daughters, and they have become my biggest assets. One teaches me mannerisms, there other taught me makeup. They now go out with me when I dressed and love it!

Wow Jess that is fantastic. :):2c:

joank
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
I have had that happen to me ast least 4 times since my kid graduated from high schoola n that was 18 years ago. Just hang in there.

SallyS
01-16-2012, 02:41 PM
I guess I can't complain, I've been CD'ing for 25 years+........I'm sure we all go through 'restricted' periods without dressing:sad:

Alice B
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I assume that your wife knows and is accepting. If that is the case I would bet that your daughter wouls also be OK with your dressing. Daughters are far more receptive than sons.