PDA

View Full Version : Could I pass?

darla
10-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone! I'm going out on Halloween dressed for the first time. I'm just wondering if my make up is ok because I'm very nervous about this. If I dress conservatively, do I have any chance of passing?

tifftg
10-27-2005, 05:07 PM
It depends on your question and it is difficult to tell from a photo. Your makeup looks good and you look femme. Not knowing how tall you are, how you will be dressed relative to the surroundings (short skirt when everybody else is wearing jeans for example) and what you mean by passing. Most people will accept you as you present yourself, will everyone be totally fooled, nobody knows for sure. Take a chance and explore.

Hugs,

Tiff

Phoebe Reece
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Darl, on Halloween passing is not a requirement or even expected. You look great. But if passing is your goal, the only comment I have is that in the photo it looks like a little five o'clock shadow is showing through your foundation. You might try some concealer rubbed overy your beard area before applying foundation. There are other methods for beard cover discussed in other threads. Enjoy your outing.

darla
10-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the replys. I'll work on the beard cover. My body should pass because I'm short and skinny and I won't be showing much skin.

It's the make up I need work on. This is my tenth shot at it. The first few times I put it on, it was a disaster. It looked like some little kid drew all over my face with crayons.:(

Wendy me
10-27-2005, 06:10 PM
that all depends on one huge thjingy .... if you use photo shop to edit your pics ....only you can answer that but for going out on halloween go for it have fun....

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-27-2005, 08:20 PM
As Phoebe said, Halloween is a good night for a first time out, since no one really cares if you pass. So go out and have fun! You've got good potential and being short and slender definitely helps. But even us big girls can blend in, so it's just a matter of the right clothes, right make-up right movement and most importantly, the right attitude.

To hide the beard shadow, it also helps if you take a (cheap) red lipstick and as a first step draw some stripes across the beard area then blend it into a light layer. (The red counteracts the blue in the beard shadow.) It will look a little strange until you put the concealer and foundation over it. If it still shows through after that, then start over and do it more lightly.

For Halloween your eye shadow is fine, but at other times, I'd tone it down a bit and also avoid blue (which is generally considered very out of fashion -- except in certain, ah, industries). You look like you might be Asian heritage, so you might check out Kalina Isato's site (http://www.transvamp.com/kalina/evolution/index2.html) to see some of the eye shadow colors that might look good out you. (BTW, Kalina's photos tend toward a club look, for everyday browns are always a good choice.)

Anyway, go out and a great time. If you get read, it's not big deal on Halloween and at other times getting read is just part of life -- it even happens to long-time pre-op TSs. But if you act like you deserve respect, my experience is you'll usually get it.

BTW, nice name. ;)

Phoebe Reece
10-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Darla,
A good way to learn makeup techniques is to go to a makeup store like MAC and have them do a makeover on you. Most of these places (in the larger cities anyway) are used to doing makeup on CD's. Halloween is the perfect time to try this. Some of my CD friends have done this and it has worked really well for them. Sometimes they went in drab mode and brought along their femme things to change into at the shop, other times they went enfemme with little or no makeup on already. Another approach (in case you are not ready to go through a mall enfemme) is to simply go to the makeover in drab, have them do the application showing you the techniques, buy their products, and have them remove it all before you leave the shop. Then you can put it all on again when you get home.

Andrea's Lynne
10-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Darla,

Most of all............have FUN!!!

Lynne

robinLynn
10-27-2005, 09:51 PM
ile never get the chance to pass cause noone will go out with me

paulaN
10-27-2005, 09:53 PM
some concealer might help but what the hell it's halloween go for it and have fun.

Sweet Susan
10-28-2005, 01:50 AM
I would agree with the concealer comment. Otherwise, you look rather cute.

Paula Rae
10-28-2005, 02:07 AM
Hey Darla,

No problem! you will pass, you look gorgeous.

Ricki B

Cindy K
10-28-2005, 02:48 AM
Hi Darla

I am over six foot tall and often go out as Cindy, with no probs at all, dress to blend in and have plenty of confidence you will pass, or at least leave any one who suspects you could be a guy unsure! that’s as good as a pass. Try and avoid eye contact with any one who gives you a second look cos that would confirm their suspicions,,,,,,, have fun you look gr8 :)

Khriss
10-28-2005, 03:17 AM
best or ?? well ... a sweet excuse realy !?! :eek: :D xx"K"
but skip the "blue" eyeshadow..reguardless eh!?
(a very pretty girl!) go "mauve" eh ?? hehe xx"K"

urban gypsy
10-28-2005, 03:26 AM
Stop worrying its halloween just go and have some fun.

jerri kelly
10-28-2005, 07:58 AM
you pass honey hope you pass my way

Donna tv
10-28-2005, 08:45 AM
I agree, either skip the blue eyeshadow or tone it down,make sure your freshly shaven use the concealer and most of all be ready to have the most fun and excitement you ever had . I have been en femm for Halloween for so many years I think friends were getting suspicious, but totally had the time of my life . ENJOY!

trannied
10-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi there..........
Go and enjoy, as everyone says it is a good time to be out. Who cares then ? You do of course, but just walk.
I know it is darkish outside, but like all us girls say, do without the blue.
It will not make that difference to a good looker

trannied/

TGMarla
10-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Gotta agree here. The real real blue has got to be toned down a bit. Cover up the beard a bit. But the hair is great! Looks good with your face. touch up the makeup a bit, and get on out there! You might wanna grab a sweater....late October is a bit cold in places.

You're on the right track.

Kimberly
10-28-2005, 10:06 AM
as echoed here:

Tone down on eye shadow... less is more in this department when trying to pass ;)

... unless you're going to some kind of formal affair... :p

Sharon
10-28-2005, 11:31 AM
It's Halloween! You don't need to tone down anything!
If you want tips on going out any other day of the year, then, yeah, some of the tips you've been given are good ones. But for Halloween, if you were to be 100% passable, people would wonder why you weren't dressed up!:)

vicky V
10-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Darla,

It is a treat to look at you. Have fun.

love,

vicky v