PDA

View Full Version : An update on my life

Tracy Lynn
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Hello Ladies,

I haven't been on here in a very long time due to not having internet access so I thought I would re-intorduce myself so to speak.
When I first joined crossdressers way back in 2005, I wasn't really sure who I was. Was I a crossdresser, was I a transexual or was I bisexual or homosexual. I didn't know where I fit in and there were oh so many labels.
This past year I found the answers to all of those questions. I stopped looking for a label that fit and just decided to open myself up to new experiences and let life take me where I had to go. Along this journey I discovered things about myself that I never knew.
In January of 2011 I found a therapist who really helped me along. She made me face all of the things that I had been afraid to look at. My life, my marriage, was I happy among others. I am a MTF transexual, I know that now. I decided to embark on the journey of my life. I came out to my wife and we decided to try and work things out. We told a few family members but chose the wrong ones. I was outed to her and my family in the blink of an eye and my world spun out of control. I never had the chance to talk to family members one by one and explain what I was going through and what being a transexual was all about. Needless to say I hardly have any of them left although some of them do surprise me from time to time. My parents are very accepting and I love them so much for that.
During the course of the year, my wife left me for another woman. She said that know matter how hard she tried, she could only see me as the MAN she married. That really hurt and has taken some time to get over but hey, I'm a big girl. So we are now in the process of getting a divorce.
I had been living in Delaware for the past 7 years. I lost my job back in October and have not worked since. I decided to move back home to PA because the job market is better. I am living with my parents now until I can get back on my feet, like I said, they are soo supportive.
So thats where I am now. I live 24/7 as female but have not started hormones or anything yet due to my finances so hopefully things will turn around soon. Thanks for listening.:hugs:

ArleneRaquel
01-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Natalie,
I hope that you get back on your financial feet soon and that your wounds heal from your wife actions. Best wishes.

Eileen
01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Stay strong Natalie. The path you are on is not an easy one, but if is truly who you are it is a wonderful journey. All the best!

Eileen

Nicola2876
01-16-2012, 12:22 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world in your journey. You seem like a very intelligent, together person and im sure you will grow stronger and stronger

kimdl93
01-16-2012, 01:34 PM
What a year! I have one piece of advice in dealing with those family members and friends that at least for now are unaccepting: Keep the door open, keep offering to talk, keep trying to be there for them. It won't always work, but over time, some folks will come around and, for those that don't, at least you'll know you tried.

Julia_in_Pa
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Natalie,

Your story and mine echo each others almost to the letter.

I'm sorry, really sorry that people have left your life all because of you being truthful with them.

I lost everyone as well.

I think we know each other from Transcentral PA in Harrisburg.

I know I have seen you before.

I moved from Hershey to Lancaster and have finally found my true home in the Allentown area.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Natalie.

Be brave and stand proud of what you have done!! Remember that!!

Julia

Regan
01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Tracy Lynn

I am so sorry for the rough year, you do not deserve it. I was laid off for a year so I understand that road, if you let me know what type of work you are looking for I keep my eyes open for a lot of friends in the same situation.

Tracy Lynn
01-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Thanks all for the support. :hugs: