PDA

View Full Version : My opinion of people has gone up... MASSIVELY

KlaireLarnia
01-17-2012, 03:42 PM
I have just got back from a business trip today and my opinion of the general public in the UK has gone up by about 100%, and I want to tell you all why.

I am a crossdresser, but as those who have seen my few posts before will know, I do not dress in full female atire or wear makeup/wigs etc. I look male in my face, I pose and act like a male. I just wear female clothing and shoes on the outside.

So... I had to go up to the north of England on Monday, which meant a series of 3 trains as I have had my driving licence suspended for 6-months after a suspected epileptic seizure. Before Xmas I had a 3 hour train journey in which I open wore calf length boots with a 1/2 heal in public but nothing more. This was to be step 2, 3 and 4 all in one go if I could get the courage...

This time (after a quick change in the loo at the station), I had 3inch ankle boots, a female t-shirt, bra and C-Cup breast forms. I was wearing a male zip-up jumper as it was cold but it was only done up half-way so it was obvious was I was wearing. I also took a women's shoulder bag (which had all my essentials such as phone, wallet, purse, keys, 3DS etc in it) to replace my normal male work bag. I left this in my overnight bag at first, not sure how I would be perceived. So on the train I go and no issues. Got to the first stop about 30 mins up the track and got off to change trains. Spotted a few stares of the "look a bloke in high heels" type and ignored them. Did not overhear any comments and felt happy.

I got on the next train, a little more confident and swapped bags - replacing my male bag for the female shoulder bag. Next train was about 2 1/2 hours and was fine. The next change being one of the larger UK cities I put the bag over my shoulder and put my coat over it - having it but not showing it off other than as a bulge under my coat, as such again so I could see what reactions I got as I had about a 10-15 min wait for my connection. No issues again, I had to seek a staff member out as I was confused about where my connecting train was and was treated fine.

The next train again was fine with no bad reactions from staff of other passengers bar the odd stare. Got to my destination, grabbed a taxi to my hotel and checked in now with the bag on show - no problems at all. Got a couple of odd looks when I went and got food at the restaurant, but got a LOT of looks at breakfast as there was about 10-12 people in there at 6:45am and I am in there in high heeled ankle boots!

After attending my work meeting in my (male) suit. I was able to change into casual clothes in a toilet ready for the journey home as I normally do. Again I was in the same clothes as before but clean bra and t-shirt, I then walked for about 10 mins through the (fairly busy) city in my heels and to the train station. At the station I had put my bag on show rather than covered by my coat as the night before and for the walk to the station. I also had on two elasticated female bracelets which would be on show after I pushed my jumper sleeves up on on the train.

After the first leg I got off the train along with a Scottish woman I was talking to across the isle to me. The nice thing is that despite my shoes, bag, larger than normal chest and t-shirt she treated me no different to anyone else. I went in my bag a few times to get my phone out to check a couple of things for her on the internet while on the train, took other bits out like my 3DS, food etc. She was not fazed at all. We both got off at the same station as we needed the same connecting train - albeit she was going to the end and I would change again part way down.

During this leg a nice gentleman ended up sitting beside me and again despite my clothes and bag he spoke nicely and and well to me. He was going a similar direction to me and was due to change at the station after me. But after some discussions and checking national rail's website (which meant going in and out of my bag in front of him for my phone) we got off at the same stop to catch the same connecting train. We then spent about an hour talking about various things all the way to my stop where we parted on a very good note.

The point of this story? Despite my looks, my obvious female clothes, larger than normal chest, large shoulder bag and heeled boots. I was treated by two very different people and all the train staff as totally normal. I got a few odd looks from other strangers, which is fine. Heck I looked more than once at a girl with bright green hair cause it was very... unique! But overall, my confidence in how I look and mix male and female together has gone up miles.

While I cannot go out locally like this as my wife would not allow it (and frankly it is one thing to be seen by strangers, another by people you know), I know that when I go away on business again I *can* dress as I want and not be bothered as I will be seen. At the end of the day I make a statement - "This is who I am. Deal with it" and frankly most people are either happy with that or simply do not care.

I hope this inspires others out there in some way and if you get the chance to try it (safely) do it. You will be surprised at how well you are treated I think.

Launa
01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
This is awesome. I will get to know that feeling shortly I will be going out during the day to try shopping and other things!!!

DanaR
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Very nice story, thanks for sharing with us.

Julie Hall
01-17-2012, 10:03 PM
That was a lovely story. Up to now, I've never set foot out of my apartment dressed. I'm hoping to someday have that kind of courage.

Marleena
01-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Great story Klaire! I hope my outcome will be as good as yours.:)

KlaireLarnia
01-18-2012, 02:00 AM
This came about purely because of my job and has taken a good year. I had worn low healed ankle boots when away but only when going to the restaurant in the hotel - and even then only when I thought it would be almost dead quite.

But the forced use of train along with a slight attitude change following my fall of "time to start being true to yourself" gave me the incentive/courage to try and take this a little further. Hence I am at the point I now am. I would like to take it slightly further - wearing a female jumper or coat for example. I did wonder on the train yesterday would I be prepared to wear a skirt or dress and at the moment the answer is no, that currently is a step too far and not what I want. The mixture I have of male and female at the moment suits me about right, but maybe needs tweaking a little in places which I will do as I get other chances. Sadly as I travel from work to my destinations initally, I cannot really wear too much unless I put it on before going to work, but this would require I tell everyone I work with that I like to wear female clothes. While some would not have an issue - a few would including the owner (we are quite a small firm of only 20-25 people) - so I am not really in a position to do this at this time.

But the fact I got such positive / normal reactions is heartening and hence I wanted to share it. Next week I may have a similar chance to do the same which would be nice - but at the moment this is not set in stone so I do not know if I will be going away as yet. I hope so obviously as I can try other things, clothes and see what happens.

My only concern is now I have had this positive experience, will the fire inside me to do it more or push what I can do now (which is wear female jeans any time and wear bras/female t-shirts at times while at home or out at weekends) get larger and harder to control? Only time will tell I guess.

Glad a few of you found this interesting, I think it is stories like this that make all of us - no matter how far we take our dressing and what we are trying to gain from it - a little more hope that the world is changing and we are not always see as a bunch of weridos who others can poke fun at and/or need to be avoided.

paulaprimo
01-18-2012, 02:48 AM
it is a really great story. and very encouraging to someone like me who hasn't had the courage yet to go out into public. i've read many similar stories in this forum of successful outside ventures, and all are very encouraging. i grow stronger and bolder each day and do plan to out very soon. thanks for a great story!!

Gina X
01-18-2012, 05:37 AM
Good for you Klaire, I think the secret could be in oneself ie if you don't act secretive nobody takes any real notice, great story though, what is the next step ?? LOL

darci.c
01-18-2012, 05:39 AM
I do think times have changed. I'm still young but thinking back to time and place I lived in as a kid... I knew better than to go out in public dressed in the wrong clothes. I would have gotten my you-know-what kicked.

Today, there's actually a gay bar there. (!!!) And now and then you'll actually see a guy or two dressed like me. There was even one at my university.

I think people are becoming more accepting and realizing it's just not a big deal.

I also think there's a teeny little bit of self-approval when someone decides not to treat a "different" person as different. Like sometimes the occasional white person is still just a little bit wary or prejudiced against other races, but it doesn't show in any way except maybe they're being just a bit too nice? Then they pat themselves on the back thinking "I'm such a nice person."

One day, we'll all be neutral colored and there will be no such thing as gay or straight. I think the gray aliens you hear about in movies & stuff are a future androgynous humanity, time traveling back a million years from the future.

KlaireLarnia
01-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Good for you Klaire, I think the secret could be in oneself ie if you don't act secretive nobody takes any real notice, great story though, what is the next step ?? LOL

I would like to say swapping my jumper for a Female one and/or coat. This is as far as I really want to take it. As I said before I am not trying to look or pass as female but simply be seen for what I am - a man in women's clothes and comfortable with it.

But to do this is not currently practical as it stands so may have to wait a while, but I am sure the chance will come in the spring or once I get my driving licence returned.

ArleneRaquel
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Klaire,
A great story, I hope more members can post similiar experiences.

KlaireLarnia
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
I do think times have changed. I'm still young but thinking back to time and place I lived in as a kid... I knew better than to go out in public dressed in the wrong clothes. I would have gotten my you-know-what kicked.

Where I live currently you still would. Yesterday when I came back I had the wrong case and could not change out of my heels. Apart from my brother who picked me up at the station seeing (and not saying anything yesterday or today) I was worried I would be spotted outside my house but thankfully it appears I wasn't.

[QUOTE=darci.c;2723913I think people are becoming more accepting and realizing it's just not a big deal.[/QUOTE]

This is what I saw yesterday. I was taken as "normal", spoken to as you would any other bloke despite how I looked. It was the reaction I wanted to get for a while now. Not be seen as a weirdo, but as a normal person being themselves and getting on with their life. Isn't that how we all want to be seen in the end?

Rikidee
01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Way to go Klaire!!! You will be dressing more and more after this and you are right many of us will take encouragement from your adventures. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Riki