PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Fat. GAH!

Imeni
01-17-2012, 07:29 PM
So I got paid today. Did my bills, got my needed food for the month. Had some money left over. Went looking on a local site for used clothes for the cheap.

Entered the desired sizes, money willing to pay. Found one. After a week or two of corrospondance with the woman getting our plans right to meet, I finally get it. Huzzuh!

I take the HUGE garbage bag worth of clothes inside, all is good. I open the bag. Several pairs of jeans. So small that I wouldnt be able to get them around my thighs. Place them aside from my girlfriend who is alot smaller than myself. Saw some CUTE dresses... also too small. Uh oh.

I go through the entire bag. Everything is too small. So much so that the only dress that might fit me stretches, yay, but is so tight I think it counts as shapewear. D=

So i just spent 75 dollars on a big bag of clothes... for my girlfriend. D= Nothing for me. I feel fat. Damn you small women! D=

RenneB
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Heck girl, I'd get out and head off to the thrift store. Even enmalemode, I surf through the dresses and usually find something made out of acetate, spandex or stretchy fabric. For less than $20 US, I get a bunch of stuff. Since I don't try them on at the store, I take my chances, but usually don't go wrong in the 12 to 16 size range for me. And what the heck, if it doesn't fit, I mark it up and donate it back to them....

Renne.....

DanaR
01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
I've had similar situations with used clothing. Actually this happens to me all of the time even with new clothes. Looks like it will fit and then it doesn't. Then I'll save it in my it'll fit me later after I loose a few pounds.

docrobbysherry
01-17-2012, 09:20 PM
It's all relative, Imeni! But, one thing we CDs ALL have in common is:
No matter our size or build, at one time or another, just like GGs, we've ALL felt FAT!

donnalee
01-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Try making lemons into lemonade; since nothing fits you, fold everything neatly and tell your girlfriend "I saw this giant bag of clothes and thought you might enjoy them, so I bought it." Notice you don't have to say exactly when you thought this. This should get you brownie points at least if the clothing is anyway near her taste (you are in a position to know this better than anyone).

eluuzion
01-18-2012, 01:13 AM
hiya Imeni,

When Jack LaLane died...I decided to seize the opportunity...I was going to publish a dieting book and start an infomercial sharing my revolutionary new techniques and “secrets to looking thin”…

But I have decided to just share a few of them here with all of you for FREE, since I am such a nice person…lol. Here a just a few of the exciting tips that I reveal in my book that I will never write…

The secret to always looking slender is to make sure that everybody you know and associate with weighs at least 50-75 lbs more than you do. Anytime you are out in public, never stand in one place by yourself! Always find a group of really obese people, then go stand next to them.

If you have a wall mirror mounted to the back of a door at home…loosen the mirror clip holder screws at the top and bottom of the mirror slightly. Then gradually tighten the two clip holder screws on each side of the middle of the mirror…until your reflected image “loses” the amount of weight you wish to lose. Then cautiously tighten the two sides screws on each side of the center of the mirror, until it holds the mirror in that position.

Ok…here is a quick review for you…
Never…never EVER, stand alone, or stand next to thin people, or shake a baby.

There ya’ go…”the new YOU!”. Be proud of those results you see in the mirror…you have worked hard to earn that look! Now go ahead…celebrate your success…go buy yourself an ice-cream sundae…you deserve it!!!

I am varwy, varwee pwowd of each and evweey one of you…:hugs:

you are welcome, :)
:love:

Vickie_CDTV
01-18-2012, 01:57 AM
It isn't about being fat, it is just the total lack of standardized sizing for clothing (and silly things like "vanity sizing", reducing the size number but keeping the size the same to make women "feel better about themselves" make things worse.) It is like buying on eBay, you need the measurements from the seller, not the size number.

kimdl93
01-18-2012, 12:46 PM
well, you need to know your sizes. Its fairly easy. check out the size charts on any online catalog. they usually provide the measurements and sizes so you can judge what would fit your chest, waist and hips.

carnut62
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
I've had similar situations with used clothing. Actually this happens to me all of the time even with new clothes. Looks like it will fit and then it doesn't. Then I'll save it in my it'll fit me later after I loose a few pounds.

I have stopped putting anything in my after I lose a few pounds pile. It costs money and I never get to wear it :( If it won't fit I won't buy it. That is one of my new years resolutions I don't share often ;)

Heck girl, I'd get out and head off to the thrift store .... Since I don't try them on at the store, I take my chances, but usually don't go wrong in the 12 to 16 size range for me. And what the heck, if it doesn't fit, I mark it up and donate it back to them....

I have found thrift/resale shops are the perfect places to shop. I try everything on because people in there usually don't care. I found a higher end resale shop and the lady that runs it lets me bring in a bag with bra/forms, etc so I can properly try on clothes. The best part of shopping for new clothes is trying stuff on.

Rikidee
01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Vickie I agree. In shorts I wear everything from a size 0 to a size 6 and it definitely takes an emotional toll when you have to buy the 6. Hugs Riki