PDA

View Full Version : Had the Talk today with the company president

Shapeshiffter
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
I had my production manager set up a meeting. It went so well I had a hard time working the rest of the day. She is excited for me, and wanted to know when i wanted to go full time. Asked what I wanted to be called. Wanted to know what she could do to help. Told me that when I was ready that she would explain the proper etiquette to anyone with a problem about it.
I feel like I have had many pots of coffee. I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself right now. Had to tell someone.
Just a few more things to take care of and i think I will be ready. Next therapist apt. is in 2 1/2 weeks. Lots to talk about this time.

Bridget

AllieSF
01-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Congratulations. That is one very big burden off your should that has brought immediate positive returns. I am so happy for you. When are you thinking of going full time?

Gianna
01-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Wow, Bridget! What a great, uplifting report! Not only for you and your personal/professional progress, but your higher-ups openly support an obviously valuable piece of the company fabric. Best wishes to you, and thank you for sharing the wonderful news!
Gianna

JenniferLynn0370
01-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Congrats Bridget; that is fantastic!! You inspire us all!

Hugs,
Jen

Steph.TS
01-18-2012, 12:24 AM
congrats, you are very brave, you must be a very strong woman.

Traci Elizabeth
01-18-2012, 12:37 AM
That is just unbelievable and such exciting news. I know you are extremely happy. Congrats.

Melody Moore
01-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Another great story that shows our society is becoming a lot more accepting.
Congratulations! :hugs:

Teri Jean
01-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Bridget, the first steps are the hardest and it sounds very encouraging. I wish you all the best as you move foreward. BT&DT. Hugs

Teri

Shapeshiffter
01-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. But I confess, I woke up this morning scared to death. Worrying, Am I ready for this. The feeling faded through the day, but still unsure if I'm ready. I have been full time for about 7 months everywhere but work and did not expect to do so at work just yet. Not even sure what I have to do if anything to out myself to the rest of the employees. Thought I would just tell one of the girls that can't keep a secret on a Friday afternoon and come in as Bridget on Monday. Not all that much will change as no one dresses up in a factory. I will probably wait until after my next therapist apt. Scared,Happy,Excited. And a little lost right now. Right now the company President and 3 managers are all that know for sure. Several people know that something is different but not what.
Thanks for letting me babble.

Bridget

JenniferLynn0370
01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
I certainly understand your feelings Bridget; that's a place where you can't really be anonymous and just blend in with the crowd. Scary feeling for sure but we're all cheering for you!

Hugs,
Jen

robyn1114
01-19-2012, 06:36 AM
That's awesome, I wish you the best of luck

Jonianne
01-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Hi Bridget, I'm glad things went well for you at your work. One thing I know about emotions are that after you have a "high" always expect a "low" soon, as well as feeling scared. Just allow yourself to pass through it and you will be fine. I also will be broaching the subject with my boss soon. She was one of the first persons I shared that I crossdress, 15 years ago and has been very supportive, but sharing that I want to transition makes me a little more nervous.

Julia_in_Pa
01-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Bridget,

Excellent!!!

Be proud of yourself because we all are of you. :O)

Julia