PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, Its The Little Things. . .

Debglam
01-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Sometimes it’s the little things that can really make your day!

I was out at a River City Gems social on Saturday evening and it was held at a local Mexican restaurant. The wait staff (GM) and bartender (GF) were very friendly. I mean genuinely friendly, not “you are paying me so I have to be nice” friendly! It was very cool. I had a nice conversation with the bartender and she was admiring my hair color (red that night) and was asking how I colored it and that she was going to get a similar shade. She didn’t seem too disappointed when I told her it came in a box (wig) and not from a salon (I wish!!!) .

A very nice evening with friends, a good meal, and then a group of us decided to hit one of the local bars for a drink. The place was packed but a pretty nice crowd. I find it kind of funny that I feel a lot more comfortable sitting in a bar in female mode with a group of girlfriends than I EVER did (do) as a guy. Anyway, a nice time and a group of us headed out a little before closing time. On our way to the parking lot, a young woman (GG) walking along with us says “I feel kind of left out with all these heels clicking.” I admired her flats, and we exchanged some pleasantries. We said goodnight at the lot and all left with smiles on our faces. A very nice end to the evening.

Any little things like this just make your day???

rachaelsloane
01-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Debby,
You are so right, her comment was the perfect way to end an evening of fun out with the girls.
We have to make plans to go out in SF some night.
Rachael

Debglam
01-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah!!!!

Debby (I still need 20 characters!)

suchacutie
01-17-2012, 10:30 PM
It's that sense of moving forward, isn't it? It can be bigger things like the day I walked out in tight jeans and a tunic-length top and my wife took one look and said, "wow!". Or, it can be like last weekend when I was putting on my makeup and as I put mascara on my lower lashes realized that they had finally grown in and they were hugely long and full! I've wanted them for so long!

It's all put together one step at a time.

tina

PretzelGirl
01-17-2012, 10:39 PM
It should be fun to get out and interact with others. It is more fun when they want to interact with you. :D Cool story Deb!

linda allen
01-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a great time was had by all.

kimdl93
01-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Absolutely. Last Friday night, I went to a local bar and sat on the patio with two lovely women my age (40 somethings) for the entire evening. It was great to just fit in and be one of the girls.

Marleena
01-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Congrats Deb! Acceptance is a wonderful thing! You found some cool people, strangers too, that like you for you.:)

Jenniferathome
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
We have to make plans to go out in SF some night.
Rachael

Rachel, count me in. I seem to be in the area a lot lately

Rikidee
01-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Great experience Deb! Glad you shared with the rest of us. There is nothing like being treated like a girl. Hugs Riki

docrobbysherry
01-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Wonderful post, Debbie! So many girls wish to go out but hesitate. With good reasons I mite add. And, altho I'm not a proponent of going out myself, some of the few experiences I've had with the Muggles when I HAVE been out have been so positive and impactfull, I can't recall them without tearing up!

Maria 60
01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Always a good day when you read a positive thread on this site, and thanks for the encouragement that we can go out and interact with the public. It's great that you had a good time.