PDA

View Full Version : A quick story!

jennacda2
01-18-2012, 12:04 AM
So I thought I should share this quick story with you all.

Recently I bought a nice party dress from Forever 21 (online). Once I received it I tried it on and thought it looked really ugly on me. Primarily my big broad shoulders were sticking out making me look like a guy in a dress. I was really upset since I really thought it was going to look cute on me.

Anyways, I thought about it for a while and came to the conclusion that I should just go out to a store (Hot Topic) and get some item of girls clothing, just to tackle one of those small steps I had laid out for myself.

To conclude, when I got home I felt much better having bought a cute t-shirt, and tackling a little goal. Once I got home it's almost like I thought I looked better in the dress than I did before.

I just figured I had to share that experience with you all.

Jenna

Daphne Renee
01-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks for sharing. We are often hardest on ourselves. I hope you find something you really like.

JessHaust
01-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Ive had the same type experience. I ordered a beautiful black sequined dress and was very excited about it. When it arrived I tried to on, my wife helping with the zipper in back. Well there was no way my broad ribcage was getting into that dress.
A few days later my wife took me shopping at Dress barn and we bougt 2 dresses and two tops and a matching skirt.
I felt fantastic and to make matters better, last week my CD group held a clothes swap meet and one lucky girl came away with my black sequined dress.
BTW I have had some very good luck with internet purchases, but sizes are tricky.

Janelle_C
01-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Knocking over one little step at a time is the way to knock over the big ones. I'm still knocking over the little ones but hope to knock over the big ones some day. Keep on knocking.:daydreaming:

DanaR
01-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Thanks for sharing. Every step helps, the next will be easier.

Lisia
01-18-2012, 01:13 AM
One step down! Now on to the next one! Congratulations!

Quick question, did you go shopping drab or femme?!

Lisia

jennacda2
01-18-2012, 09:48 AM
I went dressed in drab.

Jenna

Tora
01-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Going in drab is not bad. Under dressed is my option. Lets you check out the store to see if anything of interest is there and the staff and the dressing rooms. If you find something, you are ready to try it on. I try to fly under the radar, with the GG shoppers. No reason to concern the other customers. Welcome to the site, stay warm. Today is my day off work, and I am going out under dressed, to Long Tall Sally's in Utica. Dress Barn is also great. At 6 foot and 230 lbs, it can be a challenge. Be Well!

Gaby2
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Nice story, Jenna. Thankyou. Gaby:)

docrobbysherry
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I've noticed that, too, Jenna. The way dresses with only shoulder straps enphasize my shoulder width! I find a small, short jacket/sweater or a long wig, can make those dresses look much more fem on me!

Alice_cl
01-18-2012, 11:00 AM
I totally understand. I spent a full day (and a lot of my wife patience) looking for the perfect women shorts. After debating which size an comparing designs, paying for it, going home, try them and hate them. Minimal butt, no waist, it look very different to what I have in mind.

Karren H
01-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah!! In the Briarwood Mall? Used to make the trek there when I lived the other side of Saline... I think the first and only dress I ever bought online looked so damn good on the size 0 model and so horrid on me that I stopped buying regular clothing online. And almost never buy without trying it on..

suchacutie
01-18-2012, 11:48 AM
When growing up GGs go through this process as a normal part of learning to be girls (so my wife tells me!). The first dress I bought by myself (i.e. without my wife's input) was a complete disaster! Again, it looked great on the model and it fit perfectly, but my wife took one look at Tina wearing that dress and without thinking said "ugh!". Talk about deflated :(.

Wonderfully, that incident got us into a long conversation about clothes and style. I did some research on body types and found that these broad shoulders needed some special attention, and certain styles just didn't work, no matter how think my waist nor how much I padded my bottom! The dress went to Goodwill and the lesson was learned.

Tina grew up a little more that day.

Rikidee
01-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I have a couple of little tank top dresses that I think are really cute but like some of you I don't like the way my shoulders look in them. I slip on a little 3/4 length sleeve sweater and they look much better and I still get to wear the cute little dresses. Hugs Riki