PDA

View Full Version : Great Quote

AlexisRaeMoon
01-18-2012, 02:01 AM
This awesome quote from Joseph Campbell was going around FaceBook the other day, and I thought I'd share it here. Seems appropriate to us...

It's from "The Power of Myth."

"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances within out our innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive."

The rapture of being alive...maybe it sounds cheesy, but that almost sums up the feeling I get when I get dressed up and look in the mirror and see my feminine self staring back at me. It's a giddy feeling that isn't comparable to anything else.

paulaprimo
01-18-2012, 02:35 AM
not cheesy at all...after all of the years i lived in drab, it now finally makes perfect sense too me!! i feel exactly the same as you. as a matter of fact i stated that in one of my posts the just other day in describing how i feel when dressed..."sexy, pretty and alive"

Laura912
01-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Last Sunday when sitting and talking with my wife, she commented it is nice to see you so happy. That was the rapture of the momment showing through...had to be. Not a cheesy idea at all.
Laura

BLUE ORCHID
01-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Arianna, I can't imagine dressing and not having my mirror to see the pretty lady on the other side.

kimdl93
01-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Being Scandinavian I have a deep seated aversion to getting to rapturous, excited or giddy. But I do agree that life needs to be more than simply plodding along waiting to the next meal or nap.

AlexisRaeMoon
01-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Hi Arianna, I can't imagine dressing and not having my mirror to see the pretty lady on the other side.

Amen! Sometimes I feel weird but enjoying my own reflection, because normally (like most people) I don't like looking at myself in the mirror. But if I dressed up? I can't look away...I'm not always sure what to make of it, but I know how it makes me feel...