PDA

View Full Version : My transition so far

Zoe Michelle
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted anything here, so I just thought I would give an update on how things are progressing for me (note, events are not in any cronological order, just stating them as I recall them).

It has now been approximately five months since I started HRT, and I feel great about it so far. My breasts are now an A-cup, and they are still growing. I recently started dating another transsexual woman, and have since moved in with her. I first met her back in May of last year, and she became my mentor in transition. After a few months, I confessed my feelings for her, and she confessed she felt the same. I've even started voice therapy, and I'm making progress, slowly but surely. And finally, I've started attending a trans youth group here in Dallas, and have met some interesting people my own age.

Naturally though, I have run into several bumps. I started a seasonal job at an electronics store when I moved in with my girlfriend, and it was pretty cool while it lasted, because I was allowed to be Zoe and use the ladies room. Of course, however, being a seasonal job, it ran out after the holiday season, and I am currently unemployed and trying to find a new job. I also tried to start beauty school, but it turns out, I am not eligible for enough financial aid because I'm not old enough to be considered independent from my parents, and they made to much money in the year provided for the fafsa. Luckily though, that only postpones that plan. When I turn 24, I will be able to resubmit the fafsa as an independent, and given that I've never made much money, I should be eligible for better funding.

All in all, while I am experiencing several bumps in the road, I am very happy with the direction my life is going. I will get through this rough spot.

Jorja
01-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Zoe my dear, you are finding out what transition seems to be all about. Bumps in the road. Might as well get used to it. Sit back and take a deep breath. Slowly let it out. Now move on down the road until that next bump shows up. Know it does get better, it really does.

Tracy Lynn
01-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi Zoe,

Thanks for the update. I just started going down this road the past few months also. I haven't even started hormones but live as female 24/7. Good luck to you and I hope you find your life getting better and better :)

GirlieAmanda
01-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats on the transition so far. I am at 8 weeks myself. I already started with an A cup so I expect good things. I hear ya on the job thing. Don't be discouraged. You are doing what you want. Its so worth it I think. You are half my age and are very lucky to have those extra years. I would really like to hear more about your experiences.

Hope
01-27-2012, 02:01 AM
It sounds like you have things in hand and they are going splendidly! thanks for the update!

Zoe Michelle
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm loving my new life so much.

Another small update. It turns out my voice teacher and I had a miscommunication regarding the price of her classes. As such, I will no longer be participating in voice therapy, which I am very frustrated about. Are there any free/cheap voice therapy programs I can download to supplement the exercises I am already practicing, in order to tide me over to when I can afford to go to therapy in person again?