PDA

View Full Version : RL CDing friends?

JamieRog
01-18-2012, 08:07 PM
So far I'm the only person I know in real life that crossdresses for more than strictly fetish/sexual reasons. It is pretty doubtful that the person who does cd for the aforementioned reasons would be up to going out dressed with me, but it makes me wonder what the odds are of finding a friend who enjoys dressing and feeling feminine in a less-than-sexual way?

Jenniferathome
01-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Jamie, I would guess that the majority of those here dress for non-sexual reasons. I like crossdressing because it makes me feel good, pretty, relaxed,... There's no sexual in it.

AllieSF
01-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the site Jamie. I think that you will find here a lot of people who go out once in awhile to those who get out all the time. I go out at least once a week. Now, your mission is to network as best possible to find some people to go out with. Then, go out with them even if they are not a perfect fit. By doing that you will start to meet others and that way you may find some compatible friends with whom to go out on a more regular basis. One of the biggest issues I have found is that I seem to have the most flexible schedule when compared to the rest of my friends. That means if I want to go out once a week, I need to have several friends to fit their real life work and family schedules and difficult logistics with mine. It has taken me a few years to get to the point that I am at right now, that is that I almost have too many opportunities and my own logistics are being tested. Good luck and enjoy.

StephanieT
01-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Check your local Meetup groups and also the local Tri-Ess.

docrobbysherry
01-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Jamie, do NOT make the same mistake I did! When I first showed up here, I was VERY suspicious when a few girls wanted to meet! I thot, "Oh boy! I'm going to get hit on again!" Altho dressing IS about sex for me, it's NOT about fooling around with folks with male parts!

I have since met LOTS of CD/TG/TSs privately and at Tgirl conventions. Haven't been hit on yet! So, what do I get out of meeting other Tgirls? R U kidding? They r some of the BEST people I've ever met in my life!

I would advise anyone, if u met someone on THIS site, the chance that they're only interested in meeting for sex is SLIM OR NONE!

JamieRog
01-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Well, even though North Carolina may not be a hotbed of crossdressing activity, I'm still going to be persistent. And I guess if it takes a while, I can always head out with wifey and friends in the meantime!

JessHaust
01-18-2012, 11:20 PM
The chances are actually really high. I found a meetup group in my area and now attend something almost every week. And trust me none of it is sexual. My wife goes to some of them, we've been to conerts by a local CD band, poker game at an apartment, clothes swap meet at same place, and Dinner out with 4 other girls. This friday we are meeting at a local museum where they are having a Diva contest and a whole night of activities based around fashion.
Yhe whole 'real life' aspect, although new to me, is rapidly becomming tbe very best part of dressing. I really have no desires now to get dressed and stay home, I just dont dee the point. But getting all dolled up, then spending the evening with a group of like minded equally dolled up girls is wonderful.
I have also joined Tri-Es, but have yet to get to a meeting.
Goto meetup.com and search for crossdressing in your area. You will be glad you did.

KellyJameson
01-18-2012, 11:51 PM
I find the experience of crossdressing sensual but not in the least sexual.

I expected sex to be a large part of the forum because the world always seems to be thinking more about sex than I do but was pleasantly surprised to find it is much more than that and can be a valuable resource.

DanaR
01-19-2012, 04:37 AM
Check around your area for a crossdressing social group, or there might be one somewhere close enough to drive to.

noeleena
01-19-2012, 05:30 AM
Hi,

tho im too far away there are some lovely people about so just takes some time to find them . iv been involved with a number of dressers. & had them get make up done some time ago.

At this time im working with some iv not met yet hope to meet one next week & get a number to gether. over 2 ,1 / 2 hours away. as i pass by going to a camp of 200 people for a week im with , we do a lot of emailing so see how it goes.

...noeleena...

vivianann
01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Jamie, I would guess that the majority of those here dress for non-sexual reasons. I like crossdressing because it makes me feel good, pretty, relaxed,... There's no sexual in it.

Me too, Jennifer, I am not into fetish dressing or anything sexual either. Crossdressing is mood pick me up, and it is a sense of being me.

erickka
01-19-2012, 06:16 AM
I.m another who does not equate sexual stuff with my dressing. Like Kelly said, It's a sensual thing.

Kate Simmons
01-19-2012, 06:24 AM
I have found such friends. We hang out in both modes. Doesn't get much better than that.:)

Cheryl T
01-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Try this link...I don't know how far it is from you, but it might help.

http://carolinatransgendersociety.com/

Shananigans
01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
My SO and I would also love to meet non-creeping people in our area. But, it doesn't appear that we have any...

I think there's definitely many people out there that just go out and have fun together, but I honestly do feel like they are few and far between. However, this has just been my experience...it only takes one glance at my location to figure out WHY this may be true.

Karren H
01-19-2012, 02:21 PM
I've made a few local friends who are like me. You just have to look hard and long and make sure that there's no "hidden agendas" going on. Ran into that more than once. Well not ran into.. But avoided.. Lol.

BillieJoEllen
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I've made 3 CDing friends plus the wife of one of those. Unfortunately all of those relationships did not survive. I believe one of those resulted when her wife confronted her after she was caught going out in public and told her to stop. Another, a woman and her wife pushed too many buttons. They wanted me to visit en femme and they wanted to throw a party for me in my honor. I did not like that scenario and haven't heard from them since. The last one (actually the first one I met) Wanted to meet a few times which we did. I even saw her at a meeting in Milwaukee a number of years ago. She was en drab while I was dressed. The trouble with her was that she never wanted to talk about CDing because it made her feel 'funny'. I slowly backed out of that relationship also.

JamieRog
01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Try this link...I don't know how far it is from you, but it might help.

http://carolinatransgendersociety.com/

Thanks! Sent them an email, fingers crossed...

carnut62
01-20-2012, 04:35 PM
I have met 2 in my city through a local support group/email list. We meet up for lunch in drab, went shopping dressed once. I have only seen one of them dressed. I paid one to help me with a remodel project at my house as a guy though. He is really nice and very active in the local support group. I used to meet the other for lunch and talk about kids and other stuff dressing was just a small part of the conversation usually at the end while we were in the parking lot. He changed jobs and doesn't have a very flexible schedule anymore.

JamieRog
01-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I went to a meeting of the Carolina Transgender Society and met some amazing girls and some wonderful wives. Finally, people like me! Well not too much like me, that would be bad.

Debglam
01-21-2012, 10:31 PM
That is terrific Jamie! Isn't it great to see, face-to-face, that you are not alone! I bet they were a great bunch of ladies!

Debby