PDA

View Full Version : My FFS

Aprilrain
01-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Day 2 ooooooowwwwwwch!

Anna Lorree
01-18-2012, 11:37 PM
I have had other facial surgery in my nose and jaw, and honey, I feel your pain. Get well soon, then show us your beautiful self!!!

Anna

Pamela Kay
01-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Just remember it will all be worth it soon. Glad you were able to have the surgery.

AllieSF
01-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Congratulations and I hope they keep the morphine going and that you are happy with and with out it.

Melody Moore
01-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Please take no offence to this, I hate reading these threads, because yeah - Ouch!

Hope you get better soon April :hugs:

Persephone
01-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Congrats April! All best thoughts, wishes, and prayers your way!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/get_well_soon_12.gif

Hugs,
Persephone.

kellycan27
01-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Just chatted with April s few minutes ago.. she's in pain, but she's in good spirits.

Starling
01-19-2012, 01:44 AM
You're on your way!

:) Lallie

AllieSF
01-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Thanks Kelly. That was nice of you.

robyn1114
01-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Cograts on your surgery, I'm wishing for a speedy recovery.

Kaitlyn Michele
01-19-2012, 07:57 AM
April,
I am so happy for you!! It will be something that will get better and better...be patient, it's worth it..

I'd say I am feeling your pain, but I don't ever want to go through that again!!!!

Sometime after 48-72 hours the discomfort usually becomes dramatically less, so you may be getting through the hardest part...I was outside walking 4 days after, and went out to dinner 6/7 days after...it can be that fast depending on your level of swelling..

Jorja
01-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Congrats April! I know it hurts now but what is that saying? No pain, no gain!

Get well soon because your going to look fabulous.

Aprilrain
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Thank you everyone. The doc thought the swelling wasnt to bad (I think it is!) I can see kinda which is better than my eyes being swollen shut. I'm back at my hotel and have had loved ones with me every step of the way. My BF came with me and really helped me stay centered and on track and made sure I was at the hospital on time! We had a lovely dinner with A member of this forum (thank you) Much to my surprise my wife (technically still married) flew from Ohio to Boston to be with me when I came out of surgery she spent the night in my room in a really uncomfortable looking chair and communicated my needs to the nurses. My friend arrived shortly after my wife had to leave and we were soon back at the hotel. As for the morphine I defenitly needed it through the night but it was making me sick and if I wanted to get out of there I had to eat and walk around so I refused morphine twice And took only Tylenol!

Kelsy
01-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Congrats April! Heal well and post pictures when your up to it! Love to see you when you're more beautiful!

Kelsy

Stephenie S
01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Oh. She's beautiful right now.

I had dinner with April and her BF the night before her surgery. She is gonna look fabulous.

Good about the MsO4, dear. Nausea is a common side effect. Zenith had the same trouble with it too. And your wife? What a nice thing to do.

Thanks for the dinner (at The Union Oyster House). That place seems to be THE place for TG women in Boston. LOL. Get well soon.

How long will you be in Boston?

Stephie

kimdl93
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Hope you feel better soon!

danielleb
01-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Wishing all goes well for you April!:)

AllieSF
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the update April. Go slow and let your body do the healing at its own speed.

SandraAbsent
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Day 2 ooooooowwwwwwch!

Is that really the word to describe the pain of a major surgery, or are you just being polite :) Hope you feel better soon babe!

arbon
01-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi April - sorry for the pain you are in hoping you have a speedy recovery. Very happy for you having this done! Thrilled! (maybe a little jeolous to :) ) You were beautiful before but still I am anxious to see the results. (hug)

Aprilrain
01-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone, in and out of misery lol. Ate my first real meal since the union NOODLES! Can't post pics with this iPad so your going to have to wait till I get home for pics. If you want some idea of what I look like draw a face on a balloon

erika130
01-19-2012, 09:11 PM
wow Congrats! (not on the pain of course) hope it goes away soon & a good recovery :)

Inna
01-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Sorry to arrive here as usual fashionably late :heehee: Hey Girl, I am sending all the loving-healing power :fairy3:your way . Its only two months since I went under chisel :beatup:, but girl, it is sooooo worth the pain !!!

And I am not going to say "heal fast" but rather "let the heeling do its job and don't rush" Can't wait though to see some swollen, bruised and stitched pics :wheelchair:, they always going to remind me of the price we pay to finally see the girl we always were but deprived for so long.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Take care April, hope all goes well and your smile broadens across your face and lights up your inner self to radiate to all :)

Aprilrain
01-19-2012, 10:05 PM
You look lovely Inna!

Definitely worth the price paid in $$.$$$ and pain.

Aprilrain
01-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Take care April, hope all goes well and your smile broadens across your face and lights up your inner self to radiate to all :)

I would need 2 shots of morphine and the jaws of life to smile right now lol hopefully in a week

Cindy M
01-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Hope you feel better. It'll be worth it. Hang in there!

elizabethamy
01-19-2012, 11:07 PM
all good wishes and congratulations on your bravery, April! I have some codeine I wish I could send you...

elizabethamy

Hope
01-20-2012, 04:39 AM
Ouch indeed... but this is the pain that will end a lot of the other pain. I'm looking forward to it myself!

Hang in there and don't be a hero with the pain meds... from what I have heard, the first 10 days suck anyway, you might as well sleep through them.

Inna
01-20-2012, 07:57 AM
I must admit that first two nights were indeed pretty gruesome, however, following days proven to be way less painful and by the end of 4th after a dose of regular Tylenol that day I was totally off the pain meds entirely. It of course is quite different for every single individual but from reading already that yu are probably taking just a codeine Tylenol, you are way good.
Some suggest sleeping through the ordeal but my own experience had proven that sleeping upright as we must after FFS was nearly impossible and the most fatigue came from just that, sleep deprivation. What ever you do, don't lay on your side!!!! Fluids drain down when upright and escape the crevasses of our face, but when we don't allow them to drain down, swelling occurs which then can become infectious.

Love, Inna

Aprilrain
01-21-2012, 04:42 AM
My eyes are totally open now not a lot of bruising my jaw is still really swollen but getting better.The pain is manageable with one Vicodin and one extra stregth Tylenol every 4 hours. Like Inna said sleeping is problematic, I'm lucky if I get 3 hours at a time but hey I have all day to sleep when ever I want. The worst part is feeling like I have the flu that is when I feel miserable, I've been taking my temp and some times it's low some times a little high like 99.2. I'm on antibiotics so I'm not worried I'm sure it just a normal part of the healing process. I can already see that my forehead is flat most of the wrinkles are gone and my eyebrows are more arched. My nose still has this splint thing on it but I can see that I no longer have that bump on top and the tip is more button less pointy. All of it will take months to fully heal but I'm hopibg the swelling is a lot better by wednessday.

Jonianne
01-21-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Kristy_K
01-21-2012, 05:29 AM
Congratulations April. I also wish you a very speedy recovery. Please keep us posted. It is about three weeks till my FFS.

Hugs,
Kristy

Aprilrain
01-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Congratulations April. I also wish you a very speedy recovery. Please keep us posted. It is about three weeks till my FFS.

Hugs,
Kristy

Its a walk in the park Kristy :devil:

Anna Lorree
01-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I have had my sinuses worked on, and have also had some work done on my jaw (not feminization in either case). I remember quite well the pain from those and having to "sleep" sitting up and so on (my sinus work was in 2011, still very fresh memories). I can certainly understand some of how you my feel physically right now, but I can only imagine how you feel emotionally. There is a very real part of my psyche that envies you right now.

Anna

Anna

Julia_in_Pa
01-21-2012, 12:26 PM
April,

I have no idea how I missed your thread!! :O(

I am very happy for you!! :thumbsup:

Julia

Kathy Smith
01-21-2012, 02:42 PM
All of it will take months to fully heal but I'm hopibg the swelling is a lot better by wednessday.

Oh you poor thing! It's obviously difficult typing with your nose in a splint. ;-)

Best wishes for a quick recovery. :-)

Kristy_K
01-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Its a walk in the park Kristy :devil:

Would that be Central Park at night ??

Laurie Ann
01-22-2012, 10:58 AM
April, I hope you have an uneventful recovery and I also look forward to seeing your after pictures.

SandraAbsent
01-22-2012, 01:31 PM
I would need 2 shots of morphine and the jaws of life to smile right now lol hopefully in a week

Lemme see if I can find any....jus kiddin

Best of luck April. Surgery recovery is never fun but when it gets better the outcome is worth it.

Traci Elizabeth
01-22-2012, 03:34 PM
I am so happy for you April. I am sure the end result will be breath taking!

Aprilrain
01-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. The swelling has gotten a lot better and there really isn't any bruising though my skin is discolored, a bit yellowish (yuck). Stoped taking pain meds last night and have very little pain mostly just pressure and hurts if you touch it sort of thing. Consequently I don't expect to sleep very well tonight since I don't have my little sleep aids! I see DR. Spiegel tomorrow, they may take my stitches and staples (yeah! STAPLES!) out of my head then or they could decide to wait til wednessday. I'm anxious to hear how he thinks I'm coming along. I can't wait to get home then I'll post some pics, ya know you want to see the first day when I'm all swollen and gross looking!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-23-2012, 01:10 AM
I know this is going to sound stupid, but can you chew? Or do you have to have liquid meals sipped through a straw? Oh forgot about the wide smile and how it would hurt, sorry.

Starling
01-23-2012, 05:40 AM
Looking forward to seeing your Gallery of Horrors, April.

Aprilrain
01-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Lots of soft stuff to eat yesterday I managed eggs, sausage, toast but I took forever! Lots of pan Asian cusine around here so I've been eating a lot of noodles in soup.

stacycoral
01-23-2012, 10:22 AM
April, i hope your doing better, wow your going to be so pretty, you have look great in your pictures here anyway, watch out here come April!!

karmatic1110
01-24-2012, 11:53 PM
It's a process and it takes awhile for things to settle, but it is well worth it :) I had a really great experience with Dr S myself. You made it past the rough part and it only gets easier from here :) I was mostly settled at 4 or so months and looking pretty good, but you keep looking better and better over a year or more.

Misskelly
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
glad to here things are better and hope they continue to improve .

AudreyTN
01-25-2012, 12:53 AM
congratulations, the pain will be worth it later down the road when it's all done :)

praying for ya girl!

wino_tg_girl
01-25-2012, 03:13 AM
I hope you heal quickly and look smoking hot! Congrats.

Aprilrain
01-26-2012, 12:40 AM
So I'm home now, had the stitches taken out today, Ouch! Some of the dissolving stitches that he used in my mouth dissolved too fast. There is a little pocket I can stick my tounge in. I pointed this out and he said it would heal on it's own. It dosen't really hurt but food can get stuck in there YUCK! Back to soft food for now and I have a special mouthwash to keep things clean. The swelling has gone down a lot even just today my chin is stubbornly swollen though! I finally got to see my nose today, I love it! I probably would have been fine with just forehead and nose but I already knew that ; )
It will be a couple more weeks befor I will really be able to see the work to the jaw line since that swelling takes a lot longer to go away. Shortly before my surgery everyone wanted to know if I was excited, I said yes because I understood what they were saying but truthfully I really wasn't all the thrilled about having surgery. NOW I'm excited! The hard part is over and I get to watch the healing turn into a beautiful female me yay!

Inna
01-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Yey, swollen or not, this is the stuff the dreams are made of, girl you are gonna be a hottie.......

Badtranny
01-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Words cannot express how happy I am for you. You deserve it all sweetie, every bit of it.

Kaitlyn Michele
01-26-2012, 07:20 AM
i had the same thing april with the little holes in my gums ...they do heal......today i can't imagine there were ever stitches of incisions ..there is zero evidence of them in the mouth..

be patient with the swelling it is totally unpredictable, you may be surprised that you have a little swelling for a very long time...im sure they told you all about it..
sometimes it lingers and then just "poof" goes away....

Aprilrain
01-26-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm excited for the "poof goes away" part! I'll bs back at my Appartment latter today I'll post some pic then!

Anna Lorree
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Can't wait to see you, April!

Anna

Inna
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
YEY, I can't wait to see fellow girlfriend in stitches :eek: :battingeyelashes:

Aprilrain
01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
OK heres me at the hospital (thank you morphine!) and without the bandages

kimdl93
01-26-2012, 05:46 PM
ouch....hope to see post recovery pictures soon!

Inna
01-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Yep! stitches are fab and the nose form, chic :D look at those eyebrow arches, yey :daydreaming:! Now if you can, just rest, rest, rest, everything other then your recovery is simply meaningless.

Looking good babe!

Anna Lorree
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Your pics bring back some pretty recent memories of sinus surgery for me (last April), so I certainly feel for you. I had rubber splints inside my nostrils for about 4 days to keep them from collapsing. Vicodin was my friend....

So looking at those pics vs your profile pic it looks like they altered your hairline/forehead, reduced your nose, and maybe reduced your brow? Can't wait to see the results after the swelling goes down!!!

Anna

ReineD
01-26-2012, 07:43 PM
How's the pain level today, April? Also, what did you have done exactly? I see a bandage on your nose, but the tip looks intact and you have stitches along your hairline?

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-26-2012, 07:58 PM
God I love your brow line. Looking good. Like they stitched right on the hair line on your forehead, wow. When the swelling goes down it will look really great April. So excited for you.

Starling
01-26-2012, 10:21 PM
April, how exciting for you!

Aprilrain
01-27-2012, 01:17 AM
There is very little pain now, I took some alieve earlier today for a headache but i think that had more to do with a lack of caffeine than surgery. What he did was advance the hairline grind down the brow bossing and raise my eyebrows, thats all included in the forehead work. Obviously I had rhinoplasty as well, my nose was already narrow it just had that bump on the top that males tend to have also he brought the tip in a bit making my nostrils smaller (not sure if i'm going to be able to pick my nose now, hmm?) along the jaw line he smoothed out the sharp edges at the back edge of the jaw bone and narrowed the chin. I also got cheek implants. the swelling has gone down a lot and the nose cast is off so in a day or two i'll post another pic.

ReineD
01-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Wow April ... I don't know how soon after the surgeries the pic was taken, but you look great and you're not all black and blue! I can see the difference in the eyes, they look a lot clearer than in your avatar. Can't wait to see you after all the bandages are off.

Glad the pain is gone. :)

Aprilrain
01-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Wow April ... I don't know how soon after the surgeries the pic was taken, but you look great and you're not all black and blue! I can see the difference in the eyes, they look a lot clearer than in your avatar. Can't wait to see you after all the bandages are off.

Glad the pain is gone. :)

the pic with no bandages was less than a week after surgery. the bandage pic is in the hospital the day after surgery.
I never really bruised, I don't bruise easily however i did look all yellow like I had jaundice. when I went to see the doc about 5 days after surgery he was confused for a minute thinking he had my surgery date wrong because he expected me to be more swollen and bruised, I guess I just heal quickly. Yeah, I don't have that built in sun visor anymore, even without the brow bossing my eyes are deep set so eliminating that really opens them up.

ReneeT
01-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I am so very happy for you -and yes, a bit envious! I hope your recovery continues to go well!

Aprilrain
01-27-2012, 01:28 PM
here are some more pics. the swelling gets better everyday but i tend to stiffen up at night it seems. Here's a profile, I'm not even healed yet and you can see the huge difference FFS makes!

Anna Lorree
01-27-2012, 01:39 PM
I love your cheeks!! You can really see them in profile and they look beautiful.

Anna

Inna
01-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow hon, that is why we pay what we pay to get results. But price aside, what we get in exchange is priceless and truly the cost of such procedure comparing with what it gives back is minimal. It is amazing how you've changed and that isn't even the slightest of what you will look like when healed......simply amazing.

As a side note, I find this phenomena so intriguing that when I look at you or any other person after successful FFS I see a girl in an instant, but then when I look at my self I fail in such clarity, why? I know there is a psychological mechanism somewhere there which makes us so critical in how we see our selves.

ReineD
01-27-2012, 01:52 PM
As a side note, I find this phenomena so intriguing that when I look at you or any other person after successful FFS I see a girl in an instant, but then when I look at my self I fail in such clarity, why? I know there is a psychological mechanism somewhere there which makes us so critical in how we see our selves.

You're not the only one. I had a girlfriend who had breast augmentation surgery some years ago. She came over in tears about two weeks after the surgery, begging me to have a look to see if I could tell any difference. She couldn't tell, despite knowing that she was filling a much larger bra. And she's a psychologist.

Just goes to show, the image we see of ourselves is often not what others see.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-27-2012, 06:27 PM
wow that is interesting Inna, I lost a lot of weight yet I still see me as fat. Oh April, looking so good. Teary eyes here, so good. That is so amazing how he did the brow line keeping your hair line, god I am such a novice at this I guess it is standard procedure but like my hair gets in the way of everything, so annoying but love it. :)

Aprilrain
01-27-2012, 07:09 PM
This is truly a life changing operation, im not even healed and a big chunk of my GD is gone, that in it's self was worth the $$,$$$! Even swollen I have a confidence that no amount of makeup and hair gel could ever give me before and I did alright before. I can't wait to see the final product. Patience young grass hopper.

Starling
01-28-2012, 05:11 AM
...im not even healed and a big chunk of my GD is gone...

That's truly wonderful, April. What a relief it must be to shut off that dysphoric tape that's been running in an endless loop.

Kristy_K
01-28-2012, 06:21 AM
You are looking so beautiful April. It makes me even more excited for mine in about two weeks.