PDA

View Full Version : Dating dressed!

angpai30
01-19-2012, 12:03 AM
I asked this girl out that works at the Lane bryant in the mall. She has seen me dressed several times. I asked her out dancing and told her I wanted to go early and learn, lol. She said that was ok. I then said I have a swing dress that I want to wear and she immediately said thats great, but if you are trying to blend in then come in a cute top and jeans and your heeled boots. They don't even need heels. Well seeing that I don't own any womens jeans or any non-heeled boots I think I'm going to have to go for the dress and heeled boots.

Kristen~~

deangela
01-19-2012, 12:09 AM
lucky for girl. why cant all females be like that?

Badtranny
01-19-2012, 01:12 AM
lucky for girl. why cant all females be like that?

There are a lot of them out there, but you have to get out there to find them.

vivianann
01-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Good for you Kristen, I hope you have a wonderful date with her. Dance your fanny off and you will be the star of the dance.

Sammy777
01-19-2012, 02:45 AM
I asked this girl out.
She has seen me dressed several times.
I asked her out dancing.
She said that was ok.
I then said I have a swing dress that I want to wear
and she immediately said thats great, but if you are trying to blend in then come in a cute top and jeans and your heeled boots.
They don't even need heels.
Well seeing that I don't own any womens jeans or any non-heeled boots
I think I'm going to have to go for the dress and heeled boots.

Hi Kristen
After running this conversation thru the Venus-2-Mars-U-lator-3000, twice,
I feel I can now pass along the translation of this exchange onto you.

Short version: She wants you to wear her "alternative option" on your date.
That means the jeans and a nice top, not the dress.

There is a bright side, the right pair of jeans can/will hide some/most of the heels.
Don't own girlie jeans? Well sounds like an excuse to go shopping doesn't it. :heehee:

Better yet! You can inform her of your jean-less-ness and see if she would like to help you pick out a pair [or two] that would look nice for your date.

Wear the boots you planned on wearing on the date so you can get the right length inseam.

Sounds like a Win - Win - Win in my book :D

josee
01-19-2012, 03:03 AM
I agree with Sammy. That was my impression also that she would like you to wear jeans and a nice top. "That's nice but..." Is translated "here is what I'd really like you to do".

DanaR
01-19-2012, 03:13 AM
...................... I then said I have a swing dress that I want to wear and she immediately said thats great, but if you are trying to blend in then come in a cute top and jeans and your heeled boots. They don't even need heels. Well seeing that I don't own any womens jeans or any non-heeled boots I think I'm going to have to go for the dress and heeled boots.

Kristen~~

I think that your new friend was trying to help you fit in better. If you dress differently, you will be drawing attention.

ReineD
01-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Yup, I agree with Sammy and Josee, and I also rant it through my Venus-to-Mars-U-rolator300 (lol).

She wants to go out with you presenting as a girl, but maybe she doesn't want to stand out, if all the girls there will be wearing jeans. Go shopping! Why don't you ask her to come along! :)

Sammy777
01-19-2012, 04:10 AM
I agree with Sammy.

Yup, I agree with Sammy and Josee, and I also rant it through my Venus-to-Mars-U-rolator300 (lol).

Why Thank You Josee & Reine :D

Reine you should seriously consider updating to the "Venus-2-Mars-U-lator-3000"
it cuts through 42% more pink fog then previous models :lol2:

kimdl93
01-19-2012, 09:25 AM
sounds like fun - get your jeans and boots, and enjoy dancing with your new friend!

Cheryl T
01-19-2012, 09:29 AM
I agree with the majority.
Ask her to help you shop for the boots and jeans. "Should I get skinny jeans or boot cut? What do you think of the design on these? What kind of a top would you suggest for the dance?"
You can move along to the dress later...this could be a great opening for you.

ReineD
01-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Kristen, just in case you're not familiar with it, the "Venus-to-Mars" references this book about the different ways that men and women think:

http://www.amazon.com/Mars-Women-Venus-Communication-Relationships/dp/006016848X

angpai30
01-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Ok, I was like venus to mars? Hmmm sounds like an old rhyme I once sang along with the girls!

susmitha
01-19-2012, 01:27 PM
On your first date, you go as two girls. On the next date both can crossdrees. She cam present herself as a man and you can present yourself as a girl. This will be really exciting.

Vanessa Storrs
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
You are one smart transvestite. By dating a woman who works at Lane Bryant she will guide you to the bargains and may even give you a discount.

ReineD
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM
On your first date, you go as two girls. On the next date both can crossdrees. She cam present herself as a man and you can present yourself as a girl. This will be really exciting.

Um ... susmitha, this isn't a fantasy thread. lol. If the GG wants Kristen to tone it down a bit, I seriously doubt she'll want to go out in public doing role reversal. :p

Shananigans
01-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes, to everything that Reine and Josee has said.

It sounds like you two are going to have a fun time!!! You're going to have to report back and tell us how it goes, okay?

Sammy777
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Kristen, just in case you're not familiar with it, the "Venus-to-Mars" references this book about the different ways that men and women think:

http://www.amazon.com/Mars-Women-Venus-Communication-Relationships/dp/006016848X

Thanks for the link Reine,
It was one of those things I figured everybody would get. :heehee:
"Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus" Book + "Marvin the Martian" =
"Venus-2-Mars-U-lator-3000"

Honestly! Really? :doh:
Everybody else here is pretty much on the same page -
Do Not rush it by wearing the dress and here you are advising role/gender swapping on the second date.
The Pink Fog is strong with this one http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt230/samanthaM76/open%20album/jedi2.gif

Paulette
01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Here is a picture of me and GG friend about to go to a dance club, note that we are both wearing nice tops and jeans.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=171616&stc=1&d=1325728848

angpai30
01-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Ok, I went out and bought some skinny jeans. I went by lane bryant and she wasn't working so I left my number as I forgot to get hers last I was in. all the girls ask questions when I come in and I always get tons of hugs! Can I just say hugs are amazing?!?! I love hugs so much that if you were all here I would give you all a thousand hugs! Anyways.... I took yore advice to ask her if she wanted to go jean shopping with me or if it was ok for me to wear my dress, but I have my kids tomorrow and I don't think she works saturday so hopefully she calls this week! I love you all a and thank you for your advice! I plan on taking her out on my birthday next week.

5150 Girl
01-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Well,, if I'm acurately picturing what you mean by a "swing dress" I'm thinking this is a real fancy thing... I think what she's trying to say is, if you dress fancy you're going to stick out. As you don't have said jeans, how about a denum (or kaki) skirt / dress?

angpai30
01-20-2012, 01:27 AM
I will report everything shenanigans! Must have the details.

Kristen~~

Sammy777
01-20-2012, 03:46 AM
1) I went out and bought some skinny jeans.

2) I went by lane bryant and she wasn't working so I left my number as I forgot to get hers last I was in.

I took yore advice to ask her if she wanted to go jean shopping with me or if it was ok for me to wear my dress,
but I have my kids tomorrow and I don't think she works saturday so hopefully she calls this week!

3) I plan on taking her out on my birthday next week.

1) Good for you, that's a good start

2) Did you ask her these questions in person or left them in a note along with your number?
When you first asked her out was the day open or set that first time?

3) Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!*

This is so not a good idea for a few reasons.
A) It begs the question - Doesn't he have anything better to do on his birthday?

B) A W K W A R D - Do I, Should I give him a gift? Is he expecting to get one?

C) While it's OK to ask a girl out you meet on your birthday.
You do not ask a girl out on a 1st date that will happen on your birthday.

*It's meaning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger,_Will_Robinson)

Please keep us posted :)

angpai30
01-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Hmmm..... I did not think about that. I should reset the day. I had nothing planned for my b-day and I thought it would be a great day to go. I didnt think about the meaning behind it. Thanks girls!

jillleanne
01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
If you are trying to win her over, I think you missed something in what she said. I'd be going shopping.