PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm in the minority here

Arrows27
01-19-2012, 06:22 AM
I am a man who wears ladies clothing. I don't like the idea of having a female persona on these forums. Part of it might be that I only dress in the privacy of my own home, so i've never had to present that version of myself to the rest of the world. And who knows, that might change my perspective. But at the moment just because sometimes I like to look like a girl, doesn't mean I am any less of who I am as a man.

I went about a month once where I would dress daily. I figured, well lets see what shaving the legs is all about, so I shaved them, and didn't dress for a week after. Maybe having the shaved legs was enough femininity for me to not need to put on the bra and panties, but after about 2 days I was regretting the decision to shave my legs in the first place. Apparently I like my leg hair almost as much as I like my goatee. I tried shaving that off a couple months ago just for a change of pace, and immediately decided it was a horrible idea to shave and started to grow it back.

I certainly am not judging you ladies that take on female personas on this forum (or in real life). I get it. I just know it's not for me :)

Nicola2876
01-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Everyone is different and if the simple act of dressing floats your boat then great. Enjoy yourself doing it and have fun. Dont worry if you like your goatee and hairy legs. Some cders just love the clothes and the feelings they feel while wearing them.

Violetgray
01-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Actually, you wouldn't be the first or second person here with those preferences, so welcome! :-)

Arrows27
01-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Actually, you wouldn't be the first or second person here with those preferences, so welcome! :-)

I figured I wasn't :) We are a diverse community. I just thought it was interesting, since every post seems to start out "hello ladies" and what not. Not to say that I was feeling left out (ok maybe a little bit), but I figured I would bring it up and see who else was out there!

noeleena
01-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi,

Its really about being able to accept who you are , not try & be what your not. Tho of cause that wont go down nicely for some because they see what they are doing as quite different. ,

We are a very mixed group of people, so comes back to accepting of others for who they are.

...noeleena...

sissystephanie
01-19-2012, 07:28 AM
I have been a crossdresser for many years! But, like you, I am a man first! I have never had any desire to be a woman, and my late wife knew that which is why she accepted me as a crossdresser! We might be in the minority, but we are still part of a very large family!!

Katelyn B
01-19-2012, 07:34 AM
I think its great you know who you are and can accept it. For myself, I spent years in denial and depression, full of self hatred, eventually I accepted who I really was, a woman (well, mostly accepted, its still hard some days), so I don't adopt a female persona, or try to be something, I'm just am,

Lynn Marie
01-19-2012, 08:07 AM
In so many ways CDing is like any other hobby. We progress in it and are in a costant state of improving our equipment and abilities. When we start, we all seem to try to find the perfect equipment so we won't have to spend more time and money getting new stuff and learning new skills. We all seem to do it. It's just how hobbies and interests progress.

We all progress through stages that we are sure we will never move past. First bra, first heels, first skirt, first tops, first wig, first makeup, first facial hair removal, first leg shaving, first arm shave, first breast forms, etc., etc.. Many of us, maybe all of us, stop at one point or another and progress no further either temporarily or permanently for any number of reasons. A few of us even quit the hobby and move on to something else. Some even come back and start again. The parallels to other hobbies, interests, and sports are incredibly striking.

So we all pretty much accept each other at whatever stage we are in or choose to stay in. That's sort of the very essence of participatory pursuits. Welcome to the sport!

Karren H
01-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Everyone's different and nothing stays constant forever...I loved my mustache for 30 years but one day.. **boom** gone! My wife asked why I shaved it off? Told her it was time for a change. Little did she know how big the change was! Lol. She found out a few years later....

Foxglove
01-19-2012, 08:32 AM
The most important sort of freedom is the simple freedom to be what you are. So go with it, Arrows, be yourself!

(And if I ever unthinkingly call you "Girl", you can just call me "Jack".)

Best wishes, Annabelle

kimdl93
01-19-2012, 09:22 AM
to each their own. You're welcome here.

RenneB
01-19-2012, 09:31 AM
That's fine. Since we are all wired differently, this is a great place to air out some of those differences.... in a positive manner...

So I guess what I'm saying, is that you're welcome here....

Renne.....

Veronica27
01-19-2012, 11:37 AM
You are certainly not alone. Just because we might enjoy the sensation of attempting to make ourselves look like a girl or woman, does not necessarily mean that we are one, wish to be one, or have some sort of duality to our persona. I am mostly closeted, but have ventured out to a few CD functions. I have experienced having shaved legs, underarms and chest and back many times and enjoyed the sensation, but have reached the point where I limit it to whenever I have an outing planned. The few months it takes to grow back, can lead to a few tense moments if it is during the summer, but nothing has been said to me to date. As I am retired, I neglect beard shaving for weeks on end. I like the somewhat scruffy look, but do not like having either a beard or mustache for comfort reasons (I find it gets itchy), so eventually it comes off, but that has nothing to do with crossdressing.

I like to think of my crossdressing as a hobby, but for a while, that seemed to offend many who considered that it was demeaning to their transgendered status, and insisted that it was a much deeper issue than a recreational pursuit. In the past few months, I have noticed a slight trend toward acceptance of the hobby concept as a legitimate description for many of us, as we are such a diversified community. It is refreshing to read a thread such as this.

Veronica

Foxglove
01-19-2012, 12:52 PM
I like to think of my crossdressing as a hobby, but for a while, that seemed to offend many who considered that it was demeaning to their transgendered status, and insisted that it was a much deeper issue than a recreational pursuit.

Hi, Veronica! If CDing is a hobby for you, I personally have no problem with that. It's not a hobby for me, much more than that, but it is what it is for you. I don't see any reason to get upset about that.

Annabelle

Lucy Furr
01-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Variety is the spice of life...so, be spicy! :)

Karren H
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Everyone is different and if the simple act of dressing floats your boat then great.

Yeah... If we were all the same I'd have no one to argue with! Lol.

Marleena
01-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah... If we were all the same I'd have no one to argue with! Lol.

I disagree with that Karren!

What was the question again?lol

Alice B
01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Welcome. You need not apoligize as we do not judge your decisions and more than you judge ours. Dressing is an individual decision based upon individual likes and dislikes. You are more than welcome here.

suzy1
01-19-2012, 01:39 PM
This is a nice thread.

It’s showing that we are all different and yet are all accepting of each other. [Well most of the time]

Am I to understand that you are concerned about being accepted by the rest of us?

I come here because we are all so accepting of each other.

SUZY

Marleena
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
We are all in the minority here as far as life goes.:) So enjoy yourself!

Laura912
01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
The expressions so far are perfect and well summarized by Lynne Marie. You are not a minority...we all are but have found this group to keep from going nuts.
Laura

NicoleScott
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
The good thing about private home-alone crossdressing is that there are no rules. I have been out and I like it, but I stay home much more and I really like it because there are no rules. I am a guy and identify squarely as one - I just like to dress up occasionally. I have a femme name, even if I don't self-identify as female - it's just part of the transformation fun. Also, the first time I went into a tg-friendly club, I was greeted with "Welcome -what's your name?" Nicole sounded better than my guy name, and even better than "uh........um....."
This is a support site for crossdressing in all its forms, but in my years here I have felt that it is being increasingly dominated by the feminine identity types, and the interests of the pleasure dressers like me minimized.
If you crossdress, for whatever reason, you belong here. You don't need a feminine persona.

Rachel Flowers
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
If you count the lurkers, you might not even be a minority. There's a whole range of us and given the fact that transexuals and CDs far enough along the spectrum to try to pass seem to dominate the conversation, I suspect a lot of men in your position might actually feel reluctant to speak up! I feel a little wary of not being accepted as a "real" crossdresser because I have no wish to lose the beard - it's too important to my male side. I have read on here some CDs judging bearded CDs as "mere fetishists" rather than real TGd CDs.

Rachel Flowers
01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
.I loved my mustache for 30 years

Wow! I bet you'd look fabulous in a 'tache, Karren!

Joanne f
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Sometimes you hear the quote " its just about the clothes" which usually gets a quick reaction from some of the GGs (and i have said it myself):heehee: that there is more to it than that ,but (always that but):heehee: sometimes it really is just about the clothes .

suchacutie
01-19-2012, 05:49 PM
One of the things I find so terrific about this forum is that we understand the vast spectrum that is transgenderism. If we all put our specifics on the table, we would be a big crowd of minorities banded together to discuss our differences and also those interests that we have in common.

So, welcome to all of our minorities! You fit right in!

tina

Marleena
01-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Arrow try your best to fit in you're among friends here. When I first signed up I realized I needed a female name, and was like wtf? I had never thought about it before.

BUT if this board wasn't set up the way it is would we have avatars and profiles of us in male mode? That would sure scare me in away in a hurry..lol. I've come to enjoy being Marleena when I'm here.:)

Asche
01-19-2012, 09:25 PM
A lot of people in this thread are talking about how there is room for all kinds of people at this website, but that is not the feeling I get. I'm someone who, like the OP, is not interested in the whole female name/female persona thing, and I know that there are others here, but the view that prevails in the M-to-F parts of this site is that CD'ing (at least, M-to-F CD'ing) is all about having a female name and persona and looking and acting as much like a woman as possible (or what most CD'ers imagine is "like a woman.")

It's not so much that there is hostility towards those of us whose gender expression is different, although there is some, and I admit that being told by a bunch of people that people like me belong in a zoo didn't make me feel more at home. (And yes, there were others who strongly and vocally disagreed with them, for which I am grateful, but it doesn't erase the fact that the hostile people are still here.)

It's more that there just doesn't seem to be much place for or any interest in perspectives that don't fit into the prevailing view. A person posts something about female names or feeling or doing something feminine or the like, and you'll see lots of people agreeing and posting their own experience. But if someone posts something that doesn't fit into the prevailing view, it gets (at best) no response.

I'm not saying that most people are deliberately being unwelcoming or aren't basically kind and decent people. But if you come here in hopes of finding people with whom you can discuss your feelings and experiences about doing something that most of the population can't begin to understand, and you're a few standard deviations away from an ISO standard crossdresser, my experience is that you'll be disappointed.

A gay friend of mine was talking about the difference between tolerance and acceptance. Tolerance means they'll treat you decently despite your being what you are. Acceptance (a.k.a. "welcoming") means they're glad you are what you are.

I feel welcomed at my Unitarian congregation, and in my dance and music communities, dressed as I dress, presenting as I present, and saying what I think. I feel tolerated at CD.com.

prettytoes
01-19-2012, 09:29 PM
I feel very much the same way, with one diffferance...I love keeping my legs shaved! I have a mustache that I have had ever since I could grow one. I shaved my legs for the first time in October, and I just can't stop. I love the feel of freshly shaved legs. I have no desire to try to pass, or go out dressed. I do not want to become a woman. I do go out in a skirt once in a while when I am at my cabin and no one is around. My wife knows about my dresssing and she is OK with it. I simply enjoy wearing women's clothes. It just feels right.

Alice Torn
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM
This is a wonderful thread!

Jilmac
01-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Arrows, being in the minority isn't a bad thing, in fact dressing at home and keeping your male personna is fine, as long as you enjoy your time in women's clothes. I believe it's all a matter of self acceptance, so go ahead, do your own thing and enjoy yourself.

victor
01-19-2012, 11:52 PM
I agree with you, Arrows. I don't have the need to dress completely as a woman. Usually I will wear only panties or a silky nighty: I just like the way they feel I guess. I must admit though that I am very appreciative of the obviousy loving effort so many of the ladies here put into their girl-mode appearance!

Andy66
01-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Sorry to hear some of you guys might not feel like you fit in. Maybe we can brainstorm about how to remedy that? In the meantime, I'm glad you're here, and it's okay to be yourself. :hugs:

Angela2me
01-20-2012, 03:26 AM
I am another in the majority of minorities here. I also do not feel comfortable with a female persona and I chose a female profile name because at the time I had read many of the posts and I did not see any male or even many neutral names, so I just picked a name I liked. Since I have been here, I have been exploring my own feelings, likes and dis-likes. I have found that I do like to wear a variety of clothing items normally labeled women's (some dress styles, skirts, cotton panties (for comfort and fit mostly) and sometimes tights to match the skirt or dress and sometimes small breast forms to make the clothes fit better. I have found I do not like wigs, bras and after trying a makeover, do not like makeup and I do not like shaved legs, arms, chest and I sometimes like facial growth. I identify as a male, but like the comfort and feel of dresses and skirts and the material used for some female clothing (usually soft cotton and some silk like polyester). Because in my world you can not be a male in a dress, I choose to dress in private. The only recent change to that has been to explore skirts styles that are not so feminine, but not kilts or camo pattern. These may become my everyday-wear choice.

I agree with the promotion of acceptance of differences here. There are those who take dressing and passing as serious and not a choice. There are many others here who dress to different degrees and for different reasons. We should all accept and enjoy the many differences.

Fiona Scott
01-20-2012, 04:54 AM
No you are not alone. I have a female "name" because I like to. I dress because I like to. I shave my legs and chest sometimes because I like to. I shave under arm all the time because I did it once and found I really liked it, likewise below the waist. Do I want to be all female....no.... Im a man who likes all of the above. Im a minority as compared to the population as a whole and a minority in this forum. But I really love this forum because I dont feel totally alone. Now if you really want wierd my hobby is............ model railways. According to lots of folk there's nothing more wierd than that.
Great post by the way.

paulaprimo
01-20-2012, 04:58 AM
i lived in a world for a very long time with many questions and no answers. struggling everyday to figure out who i am. i am so happy to have stumbled upon this group. as diverse as it might be, in a way thats a good thing for those of us trying to figure out and understand who we are. since joining this forum i can feel the true love and warmth from people who really care and want to help. for this i am thankful, whether you have a beard, female name, or not. i'm just happy that you all are here and trying to help each other. the important thing for me is that many of my questions have been answered and i am not alone anymore. i am not here to criticize anyone, just trying to find my true identity. so for whatever reason each of us is here, we are still a family, and i welcome and accept all of you with open arms!!

Arrows27
01-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Because in my world you can not be a male in a dress, I choose to dress in private. The only recent change to that has been to explore skirts styles that are not so feminine, but not kilts or camo pattern. These may become my everyday-wear choice.

It's really weird, I do not like kilts at all, I especially wish that utilikilts all disappeared from the planet, no idea why I dislike them so much. That said, every time summer rolls around and the temperature gets up into the 90s, I wish it were less (socially) weird to throw on a skirt and head out... they are oh so very cool on those hot summer days! Does it make sense that I dislike kilts and love skirts? No... it does not make sense at all.

Babeba
01-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Fellas,

I'm really sorry that you feel the way you feel - tolerated, a minority... And I can see how the overwhelming number of posts that are very full of a sort of shared fantasy (harmless though they may be for the people who post there) just isn't your bag and you feel ignored. That seems to happen to GGs sometimes as well- there is a lot of lip service to GGs being wonderful (which we are:)) and several wonderful members who put their money where their mouths are, and a depressingly high number of posters who actively hide their true selves from their wives and girlfriends and seem to distrust/dismiss GGs and our feelings when they post.

One thing I think is wonderful for me (and a lot of GGs you don't see out here very often!) us having a forum we call our own. What would happen if there was a board made public that had a title on it geared for the guys who like dresses? That everyone could see and post on? Would that make you lurking majority-of-minorities feel more catered to, or just segregated out from the crowd and less accepted on the forums not specifically yours? (I honestly don't know how much work it would be for the admins/mods to set that up... Probably a lot!)

Anyway, the more you post the more you're heard, gotten used to, and accepted as normal!

Arrows27
01-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Fellas

Babeba, I'm really glad you kicked off your post with "Fellas". It kind of confirmed for me how I felt about the posts that start with "hey girls", "ladies", etc. That it didn't feel right with me getting involved with the post as it was not directed to me!

"fellas" however, felt right!

That said, I'm not sure if an entire subforum would be necessary, there is so much diversity within the cross dressing community, if you start breaking it up it could quickly descend into chaos with subforums of subforums, since it's not really a 2 sided issue, it's more like different wavelengths of a very diverse spectrum.

The spectrum being... we all like the ladies clothing :)

Lucy_Bella
01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
The spectrum being... we all like the ladies clothing :)

Arrows,

I did a simular thread a few years back , lots of threads here I just scan past because they are too deep into the "Spectrum " for me..I felt alone going against the grain of society being who I was ( a Cross Dresser ) then isolated in here ( because I do not wish to transition or have a female Persona ),,

I came here for support and understanding as to why I enjoy emulating not acting a female.. Your thread came out much pleasant than mine because I was just plain stupid about the Gender Spectrum..The ladies , fella's, Mods and GG's were more to my surprise a support than I thought and it took me a while to understand that.. As I progressed in my time here in this "Support Forum " I have gone back a few times and read some of my original Threads ( what an ass I was ) .. Give it time wade through the threads that better fit your spectrum better ,then you will see that you're going to fit in just fine ..

BTW ...My original name was not Lucy Bella I used this name because my original name was banned , it was Curse Within...

jillleanne
01-20-2012, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=Arrows27;2724955]................ But at the moment just because sometimes I like to look like a girl, doesn't mean I am any less of who I am as a man.

Arrow, I couldn't agree more and most here would agree. Some of us are able to see this exact point very clearly, others not and that is a concern with many who suffer gender identity issues( GID included). We all express our gender selves in different ways to different degrees. The fact that you know who you are is paramount for you; you are in control of yourself and that's a good thing. No one is( I hope) bashing you for that, nor should they be. The key to all this is simply be who you are, be true to yourself and others and live your life as honestly to yourself and others as you are able. What more can we ask of ourselves?

Krististeph
01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
There are as many different outlooks as there are people- You are pretty brave to talk about it! Of course, I think many of us here would not try to talk you out of exploring more of your feminine side. But i understand. You grew up as a guy, and you _are_ a guy. That you want to be different for a few hours a month, that's a guy's perogative, and it is very like a man to go ahead and do what you want to. i have a bit more of a feminine side- not 'girly', necessarily, although i do let that part of me play, but very nurturing and supportive. it's part of _me_ whatever gender i'm dressed as, or what anyone calls me. But I do like dressing feminine a lot more than once a month... :-)

I've envious of the girls here who dress or live openly as female, transgendered or any portion of- hey- i was in the army, combat job (my MOS did not allow females at the time)- but these girls are the brave ones- i'm a chicken.

mustangsally1965
01-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I know that for me I too wondered where I fit in this 'Crossdresser' thing. Turns out just being me and doing my own thing is it. I don't try to pass and its ok. I have a beard and no femm movements and I can't stand makeup or anything else on my face. As far as the name goes I own a Mustang and have had many over the years starting with a 65' GT. And I have always like the song. Really simple, nothing hidden or some double meaning. I like panties and hose and wear them everyday. I like slips,nightgowns,garter belts,skirts and dress's. I sometimes wear a bra but I don't do high-heels or wigs or make-up or try being anything other than the man I'am. I have no insecurities in my manhood. I like being a man but I like to wear womens cloths. Just that simple. I say just be yourself and respect others for who they are as you would like to be respected and its all good from there on.

Fiona Scott
01-20-2012, 12:32 PM
I know that for me I too wondered where I fit in this 'Crossdresser' thing. Turns out just being me and doing my own thing is it. I don't try to pass and its ok. I have a beard and no femm movements and I can't stand makeup or anything else on my face. As far as the name goes I own a Mustang and have had many over the years starting with a 65' GT. And I have always like the song. Really simple, nothing hidden or some double meaning. I like panties and hose and wear them everyday. I like slips,nightgowns,garter belts,skirts and dress's. I sometimes wear a bra but I don't do high-heels or wigs or make-up or try being anything other than the man I'am. I have no insecurities in my manhood. I like being a man but I like to wear womens cloths. Just that simple. I say just be yourself and respect others for who they are as you would like to be respected and its all good from there on.

That just about sums it up for me. Despite my feable attempt earlier !!

Pythos
01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Most here will readily say that I am definitely one that rides that edge. My look for clubbing is usually VERY feminine as you can see by my pics. My general look is almost always with some feminine garment or style (leggings, skirts, nice tops, ect).

As I have clearly stated on my FB page...THIS DOES NOT mean I want to be a woman, and experience what being a woman is. As I have stated often, I can NEVER experience what being a "real" woman is like due to the fact I was born and raised as a male. Now frankly to me it should not matter. The main and most important thing is, am I happy? Am I enjoying myself. For the most part the answer is yes.

I found my GF when I was wearing an outfit my mother would say "you will never attract any woman worth anything dressing like that and hanging out at those damned clubs" Turns out, I indeed did. When she first saw me, she thought I was female, then within minutes she learned of what I really was and was all the more attracted :P

I have had some here say some derogatory remarks about men like me, that have no intention of transitioning, or living as a woman. I have read terms like half a**ed, and circus freaks, and when I see those terms I do indeed get angry, especially when those individuals at one time were at the stage I am at. Difference being, they chose to go further, whereas I am quite content with where I am. Only thing I wish for is for one day I can be completely open (with my job, and mother). Oddly enough, it may be my job I will be able to be more open with before my mother....ah the 50's mind set, so hard to deal with :P (Yes I know many here are from that time, but my mother...she is firmly stuck in that time when it comes to male styles, women's styles, sky is the limit"

Andy66
01-20-2012, 03:18 PM
I have had some here say some derogatory remarks about men like me, that have no intention of transitioning, or living as a woman. I have read terms like half a**ed, and circus freaks, and when I see those terms I do indeed get angry, especially when those individuals at one time were at the stage I am at. Difference being, they chose to go further, whereas I am quite content with where I am.
Pythos, you are one of the people at this website who I have always had a high regard for, because you seem very intelligent and completely individual.

This brings up a question for me, not sure if it might seem a little off topic. If I were to see someone here or In Real Life who presents as a MAN in ladies' clothes, and they look awesome, would it be more appropriate to say they look beautiful or handsome?

Andy66
01-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Haha. That cracked me up. :)

Why is that? Pythos always looks great. Another example is Intertwined. Just my personal opinion, but that is one very sexy man in a dress.

But the minority thing. It is very odd because there must be several hundred minorities here. And I know because I'm one.
:) It gets to the point where you think "Am I really qualified to post an opinion on this thread given that 'she' likes pantyhose and I can't stand them but I DO wear a wig but I don't go out at all and I get the thing about thw wife even if I don't have one but I have been in a similar situation, granted it was with a bulldog in Nabrasca not a woman in Wallmart but...."

And then I post anyway .
I post anyway too because I'm nosey. :D

Andy66
01-20-2012, 06:39 PM
It was the dilemma you set yourself. A sort of Eddie Izzard question that no-one else would think of. Made me laugh. :)
Heh, I guess you're right. Love Eddie Izzard, by the way. Maybe I should stick to "looks great" or maybe "lovely and talented." :heehee:

Sister Rachel
01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Brilliant thread! :)

I have a female name on this site because I enjoy being feminine and this is a place I can be feminine .. so a feminine name suits me. I have a masculine side as well, and an androgyne streak!

It takes all sorts to make a world, as my Granny used to say ;-)

DianeDeBris
01-21-2012, 01:57 AM
We are all in the minority here as far as life goes.

What an absolutely beautiful insight into life!

Pythos
01-21-2012, 06:10 AM
I get exotically beautiful. I get called a god by my GF. I have been called hot by women in my clubs, beautiful, gorgeous, and several other such things from both guys and gals. The GF has got me with all of the above and more :P

Handsome is a term that actually has never been applied to me, nor do I particularly like it.

Thank you for the compliment though.

jillleanne
01-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Sorry to hear some of you guys might not feel like you fit in. Maybe we can brainstorm about how to remedy that? In the meantime, I'm glad you're here, and it's okay to be yourself. :hugs:

Well finally! Someone is taking notice!!!!!!

k lynn
01-21-2012, 06:35 AM
I wear panties and a bra daily my head is shaved more from baldness and I like the look I would rather ride my motorcycle than drive a car I am just being me been this way since I was a kid of 5

Patsy
01-21-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm not handsome, or I would've been fighting off guys from my teens. I'm not beautiful, or I would've been fighting off women from my teens. I'm just ordinary. If you are fighting off people left, right and center, who are trying to get into your pants, maybe you are beautiful. I don't know. But I'm ugly, and I have people doing the same thing.

Andy66
01-21-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm not handsome, or I would've been fighting off guys from my teens. I'm not beautiful, or I would've been fighting off women from my teens. I'm just ordinary. If you are fighting off people left, right and center, who are trying to get into your pants, maybe you are beautiful. I don't know. But I'm ugly, and I have people doing the same thing.
Oh, how sad that you feel that way about yourself. I bet you're much prettier than you think you are. I don't think that other people trying to get into your pants is an accurate way to measure your beauty though. A lot of different people have different ideas of what beauty is.

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm with you Karren, I had a mustache since High school and one day I just said no more. My wife asked what gives and I told her it was time for a change and two years later I told her just how much of a change it was going to be. I now shave everything and wear fem clothes at home most of the time and always to sleep. It has now been 6+ years of CD bliss, should have done it sooner, LOL!!!!

eluuzion
01-21-2012, 08:16 PM
In my opinion, anything that resides outside of the norms of society is a form of art worth appreciating.

“It is not what is on the outside,
But what is on the inside that counts.”

Anyone that believes in that ideal,
Has never worn blue clothes in the Bloods territory,
Or a clown suit to a funeral.:heehee:

I believe Internet forums are just another place where a group of people with similar interests create their own personal “Disneyland”, which they gradually begin to refer to as “reality”. :)
Any type of "group" inevitably succumbs to social norms which require defining who is “safe” and who is a “threat” to the group…just like cavemen and every other group throughout history has exhibited. It just one of the consequences of the human survival strategy.

Appearance has always been a primary tool for a group to quickly determine if somebody is “one of us” or “one of them”. Since the internet strips away most of our other interpretation senses, we are forced to rely heavily on “first impressions” and visual cues. Some people get paranoid when they see any slight variations in appearance, since we can’t use our dogs to sniff out and identify “terminators” that Sky-Net has sent back in time to erase us. :D

At some point the group dynamic begins to display the same ostracizing prejudices of mainstream society that they intended to escape and eliminate, by creating their own little “safe haven.” :brolleyes:

Trying to alter human nature is a not an easy task. Unfortunately, no matter how proficient we become in changing outside appearance, we still have to deal with the nature of what is inside. Every member of this forum can confirm that one, lol.

So, maybe that little saying at the top of my post is true after all…but not in a favorable manner.

Just like everything else in life...I find it interesting to understand and observe, but I do not let it affect what I do or where I am going. I always find a way to work around such issues.

just my thoughts...:drink:

:love:

Jason+
01-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Arrows27,

Nice to meet another who thinks and feels as I do. I do go out when dressed but it's still just me.

HairyBethCD
01-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Another one here who is much like Arrow. I have no interest in looking fem and only chose the online name I have as a fem name seemed to be de-rigour. However, I made sure it was pretty obvious I wasn't smooth and girly with it. I was really only into lingerie for many, many years but have recently started buying a few dresses, tops and skirts but they're all fairly fetishistic in style so I see them more as an extention of the underwear. My wife hates my CDing and likes me to be hairy so I'm pretty much as nature made me in that respect. I also have a goatee. I identify to myself as 'hairy bloke in knickers'. It might not look nice but it's what I'm into/about.