PDA

View Full Version : Underdressed for TSA patdown.

LisaKarenAZ
01-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Heading on a trip to Denver underdressed with lace tanga panties and lace bralette with silicone enhancers. Apparently, my choice of undergarments triggered a patdown by TSA. I asked for a private room and was asked to remove my shirt. After checking everything out, I was sent on my way. No sirens or handcuffs, so I'm good to go.
The gentlemen were extremely professional and sensitive to the situation.

Now just waiting to fly. :)

Stephenie S
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah. They really don't give a hoot what you are wearing, as long as it's not gonna explode.

S

Marcia Blue
01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
My understanding is that, the TSA is not to ask, for you to remove your clothes.
I would file a complaint.

RenneB
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
I went through the screeners with just a latex waist nipper and got patted down. They asked what it was and I started to raise my shirt and they said that was not necessary. I was then on my way.

I can only imagine what alarms would go off if I was tottally enfemme mode, with steel boned corset, forms, pads, etc....

Renne.....

LisaKarenAZ
01-21-2012, 09:48 AM
My understanding is that, the TSA is not to ask, for you to remove your clothes.
I would file a complaint.
Actually, I wrote that in a hurry and meant to say open, not remove, my shirt.
After the TSA encounter, it was a quiet and peaceful flight to Denver.

Unfortunately, I was only away for one night and had a business meeting that day that lasted until 11pm. This limited my hotel dressing time. I ended just doing my makeup, put on my big girl bra, black and pink lace panties, and chemise, and went to bed.

I've learned that its about quality, not quantity, quite often.

TxKimberly
01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Lisa has just the right attitude about this if you stop to think about it. Gels are prohibited because many explosives have that consistency. The fact that they caught the gel you were wearing (Silicone Breast enhancers) and stopped you to get a better look at it gives me comfort because it tells me that they are doing their job well and their tools worked to identify a risk.

Brenda456
01-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Kimberly is right. It was the silicone. My bra got me a pat down one. But when the TSA person found I was wearing an undergarment with straps all was good. He was very professional and proper.

Cristi
01-21-2012, 11:48 AM
I have gone through security many time under-dressed, but have never dared wear my forms through. I was more worried about what I would have to do if they did NOT let me fly with them. Find a way to pack them up and mail them to my destination?

I have gone through with pantyhose, no socks, so when I have to take my shoes off to go through the scanners the PH are pretty obvious on my feet. Other than that, I try to wear something like a sports bra or camisole so I don't risk underwires or the metal hooks in a bra setting off any detectors!

If I'm bringing my forms with me, I usually put them in a checked bag just to avoid any hassle with them being a 'gel' at the security gate.

So far, I have not had to have a pat down. Honestly, my biggest worry when I'm traveling for business with other people is that they will want to open my bag to look through it. It would be rather embarrassing to stand there with friends as the TSA person pulls lacy nightgowns, bras and panties and stockings from the bag! :eek:

Melissa Rose
01-21-2012, 12:08 PM
I went through a full body scanner in Indianapolis while fully en femme with silicone breasts inserts. Interestingly, the TSA agent wanted to pat down my wig which she did very quickly and professionally. I was not patted down or subjected to a carry-on bag search at St. Louis or Chicago Midway, but both did not have body scanners. My checked baggage has been searched on a regular basis.

It is often easy to misread, misinterpret and be outright wrong about the reason for a search or patdown. TSA has such a bad reputation that we tend to assume the worse. Looking at the number of passengers who fly each day, the number of bad incidences has to be extremely low compared to the total. Unfortunately, when a TSA agent errs or is a jerk, it often becomes big news. I travel on a frequent basis and never have experienced or witnessed a bad situation. All of the security is a PITA and I don't like it. There is little I can do about it, but make the best of it. Having some patience and a little sense of humor helps. BTW, I don't work for the TSA, the airlines or a related industry.