PDA

View Full Version : First time out in daylight

Tania D
01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
I have only ever gone out twice late at night but as I said in another thread for my third visit to my counsellor we agreed if my courage held I would come as Tania. It was be the Tuesday just gone but I had to rearrange for 3pm today. I dressed and drove there today, what a thrill driving whilst wearing a dress. When I got to the centre I had to park some distance away so I had my first daytime walk which passed without incident, when I got to the reception I told the lady who I was to see and she phoned her saying Tania is here she says she has a 3pm appointment and the added I will ask her to wait ( my first time ever being addressed as she and her). When I turned around I nearly fainted as the waiting room was full apart from 2 seats but I sat down and again I did not notice anyone looking at me.
When I got in I commented how well the receptionist had treated me and my counsellor told me that she had advised her that Tania might turn up to which the receptioist replied good for her. I had my session and we agreed that my remaining 3 sessions will be as Tania and we would do different things at each one, the next one we are going to the coffee bar. On the way out she showed me to the ladies room saying that for future visits I will if needed use this. It is such a relief to be finally out.

Tania

paulaprimo
01-19-2012, 01:02 PM
great story tania and congrats to you!! small steps equal big steps, as i am learning. i hope to get out soon also. i keep reading nothing but good stories here and am slowly gaining strength. and this is one of them, so i thank you...paula

kimdl93
01-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Tania, that is wonderful. And it is great that your counsellor is going to help get you used to being out in the world by going to the coffee bar with you!

BTW, her receptionist's attitude is similar to many women I've met, who have literrally said "Good for you!" when I explained my decision to come out. Women can be very welcoming.

vivianann
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM
That is awesome, you will have many wonderful experiences on your journey of coming out to the world as your femme self.

stacycoral
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
I just wanted to say congrats, and i sound like the world is coming together for you. Pretty soon, walking around will be like home for you. I know the few times out is so grand. I wish you well Tania.

RenneB
01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Wow what a great story Tania. Welcome to the daywalkers club. Nighttime walkers have it pretty easy as they can hide in the shadows... but in the daylight, there you are for all to see.... It takes a little more focus, but for the majority of the time, I go un-noticed...

Renne.....

Jenniferathome
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Congratulations! That's a big step and the waiting room and even bigger one. Brilliant.

StaceyJane
01-19-2012, 03:39 PM
That's great! Keep building up your courage, I was a little nervous the first time i had to check in for a doctors appointment en femme but the receptions have always been great. The last time I checked in for a doctors appointment the receptionist was really friendly and commented on seeing my personal information on the computer that she used to live in the town I live in now.

Tania D
01-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks for your supportive comments, this is the first computer access without the kids being around. Next week I will have an hour to spare before my session so courage holding I am going to walk around the shops and see if I will be brave enough to buy something.My partner said when I suggested it go for it girl.