PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever carry an emergency wig?

Alice Torn
01-19-2012, 02:40 PM
I read where a cd got harrassed in a bar, and a knuckledragger grabbed the wig. Do any of you carry an emergency wig in your bag or purse, just in case that happened? I think i will, next time, if i ever go out again.

Kate Simmons
01-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Hmm--well for starters Louise, if a knuckledragger, as you put it, did that to me, he would end up with crushed knuckles. This gal is by no means a shrinking violet.I like my see-gars too!:heehee:;):)

Jenniferathome
01-19-2012, 02:47 PM
No, never. If that were to happen, I'd retaliate, regain my wig and leave

kimdl93
01-19-2012, 02:53 PM
That had never occurred to me. While I'm not so sure I'd carry a spare, I would definately make a dilligent effort to recover my wig! And maybe pick a different bar to hang out at.

Jackiefl
01-19-2012, 03:33 PM
If that happened to me his scalp would be mine!

Cheryl T
01-19-2012, 06:16 PM
The only time I carried one was on vacation last October. We spent the entire week "girls only". I brought it along in case of foul weather. If one got wet I could easily change into the other...and also if I just wanted a change from day to day.

As far as someone purloining my precious locks...I would certainly try to regain them (they were too expensive to let a monkey play with them) and should that go awry, I would just sit down, hike up my skirt and order a shot of Jack. Maybe even order one for the ape as compensation for the return of my locks. Never know...might come out of there with my locks and a trained Ape besides.

Vickie_CDTV
01-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Interesting idea, one could keep a spare in their car I suppose, I'd figure carrying one in a purse would crush it and ruin it.

ArleneRaquel
01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
As far as I can remember I carried an emergency wig just one, it was on a weekend date where my bf & I were staying together at a hotel.

RenneB
01-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Now that's something I might have to add to the 'bale out' bag. So far, I've got backup faux nails, extra wig tape, bare minimum extra makeup, and a complete malemode change of clothes plus everything necessary to take all this femmode material off of me in a bag that goes in the car before I do. It's my case for justin. You know, the 'justin case'. LOL...

Throwing a back up wig in the bag is a great idea. Although with the glue and tape, it's already pretty hard to just yank off. I swear, I'm goin to have to get a trailer pretty soon to hitch up to the car for when I change my mind about the outfit that I have on when I get to where ever I'm going..... LOL...

Renne.....

josee
01-19-2012, 10:19 PM
I have a wig I have never worn. My natural hair is my best defense against something like that. It's permenantly attatched.

donnatracey
01-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Sadly, I might be in a spot of bother should that happen to me. Not much real hair left and what I have is a bit short...............:sad:

Guess I need to add that to my "emergency kit"......:doh:

DanaR
01-19-2012, 11:55 PM
When I was wearing wigs, I never took an extra one with me.

5150 Girl
01-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Interesting idea, one could keep a spare in their car I suppose, I'd figure carrying one in a purse would crush it and ruin it.
I would think the heat of a car in a summer parking lot would hurt it to. Synthetic wigs don't like heat

Persephone
01-20-2012, 02:18 AM
I've had long hair for over 30 years, but I used to carry a short wig years ago. I got it because of Merle Haggard's 1969 song Okie from Muskogee. The lyrics included "We don't let our hair grow long and shaggy, Like the hippies out in San Francisco do" and I was worried 'cause we were on our way to Muskogee.

Hugs,
Persephone.

linda allen
01-21-2012, 08:51 AM
I think that if I was in a bar, dressed, and someone took my wig off my head I would ask for it back and if that didn't work, I would call the police and have that person charged with theft and/or assault. I'm not big or strong enough to take it back by force and the chances are, anyone who would do this would be doing it to impress his friends so I would be outnumbered as well.

It's probably not the best plan to go into a bar alone dressed as a female. Most actual females wouldn't do this.

linda allen
01-21-2012, 08:54 AM
I've had long hair for over 30 years, but I used to carry a short wig years ago. I got it because of Merle Haggard's 1969 song Okie from Muskogee. The lyrics included "We don't let our hair grow long and shaggy, Like the hippies out in San Francisco do" and I was worried 'cause we were on our way to Muskogee.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Here's a better one.

Uneasy Rider

Charlie Daniels Band

I was takin' a trip out to L.A. toolin' along in my Chevrolet Tokin' on a number and diggin' on the radio Just as I crossed the Mississippi line I heard that highway starting to whine And I knew that left rear tire was about to go

Well, the spare was flat and I got uptight
'Cause there wasn't a filling station in sight
So I just limped down on the shoulder on the rim
I went as far as I could and when I stopped the car
It was right in front of this little bar
Kind of a redneck lookin' joint called the Dew Drop Inn

Verse 2:
Well, I stuffed my hair up under my hat
And told the bartender that I had a flat
And would he be kind enough to give me change for a one
There was one thing I was sure proud to see
There wasn't a soul in the place 'cept for him and me
And he just looked disgusted and pointed toward the telephone
I called up a station down the road a way
And he said he wasn't very busy today
And he could have somebody there in just about 10 minutes or so He said, "Now, you just stay right where you're at" And I didn't bother to tell the durn fool that I sure as hell didn't have any place else to go

Verse 3
I'd just ordered up a beer and sat down at the bar
When some guy walked in , said, "Who owns this car
With the peace sign, the mag wheels and four on the floor?" Well, he looked at me and I damn near died And I decided that I'd just wait outside So I laid a dollar on the bar and headed for the door Just when I thought I'd get out of there with my skin These three big dudes come a strollin' in With this one old drunk chick and some fella' with green teeth And I was almost to the door with the biggest one Said, "You tip your hat to this lady, son" And when i did all that hair fell out from underneath

Verse 4
Now the last think I wanted was to get in a fight
In Jackson, Mississippi, on a Saturday night
'Specially when there was three of them and only one of me
But they all started laughin' and I felt kinda sick
And I knew I'd better think of something pretty quick
So, I just reached out and kicked old "Green Teeth" right in the knee Now, he let out a yell that would curl your hair But before he could move I grabbed me a chair And said, "Watch him folks, 'cause he's a thoroughly dangerous man Well, you may not know it, but this man's a spy He's an undercover agent for the FBI And he's been sent down here to infiltrate the Klu Klux Klan"

Verse 5
He was still bent over, holdin' on to his knee
But everybody else was lookin' at and listenin'' to me
And I laid it on thicker and heavier and I went
I said, "Would you believe this man has gone as far
As tearin' Wallace stickers off the bumpers of cars
And he voted for George McGovern for president
Well, he's a friend of those long-haired, hippie-type pinko fags And I'll bet you he's even got a commie flag Tacked up on the wall inside of his garage He's a snake in the grass, I'll tell you guys He may look dumb, but that's just a disguise He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage

Verse 6
They all started lookin' real suspicious at him
And he jumped up and said, "Just wait a minute, Jim,
You know he's lyin', I've been livin' here all of my life
I'm a faithful follower of brother John Birch
And I belong to the Antioch Baptist Church
And I ain't even got a garage, you can call home and ask my wife" Then he started sayin' somethin' 'bout the way I was dressed But I didn't wait around to hear the rest I was too busy movin' and hopin' I didn't run out of luck And when I hit the ground I was makin' tracks And they were just takin' my car off the jacks So I threw the man a twenty and jumped in and fired that mother up

Verse 7
Mario Andretti would've sure been proud
Of the way I was movin' when I passed that crowd
Comin' out the door and headed toward me in a trot
And I guess I shoulda' gone ahead and run
But, somehow, I just couldn't resist the fun
Of chasin' them all just once around the parking lot
Well, they headed for their car, but I hit the gas
And spun around and headed them off at the pass
I was slingin' gravel and puttin' a ton of dust in the air Well, I had them all out there steppin' and fetchin' Like their heads were on fire and their asses was catching' But I figured I'd better go ahead and split before they cops got there

When I hit the road I was really wheelin',
Had the gravel flyin' and rubber squeallin'
And I didn't slow down 'til I was almost to Arkansas.
Well, I think I'm gonna reroute my trip,
I wonder if anybody would think I've flipped if I went to L.A. via Omaha