PDA

View Full Version : Putting on weight

ts_marykay_girl
10-28-2005, 04:28 AM
I have being on hormone therapy for about six month and during this time I have gained about thirty-five pounds. I have alwyas being a little chubby but now I am getting a little fat. But the rest of mo body, especially my boobs are developing nicely.
I have heard that being on HT can put on weight, is that true?

DonnaT
10-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Side effects of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) vary from individual to individual but may include:

bloating
nausea
breast tenderness (typically during the first three to four months of treatment)
vaginal bleeding
fluid retention
weight gain
depression
possible increase in migraine headaches

Sharon
10-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Side effects of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) vary from individual to individual but may include:

bloating
nausea
breast tenderness (typically during the first three to four months of treatment)
vaginal bleeding
fluid retention
weight gain
depression
possible increase in migraine headaches

OMG!!! I might have vaginal bleeding?:eek:

Cool.:p

Natasha Anne
10-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I think it is true. I'm struggling to maintain my weight. I think ones metabolism must slow or something, because my exercise routine and diet has not changed markedly at all. I just find it so easy to put on weight now that I simply must watch my diet more closely than I ever have before.

Kate
10-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I have heard that being on HT can put on weight, is that true?

I suppose with the removal of testosterone from your system you may be being less metabolically active to a degree, so you may not be able to eat the same as you used to as well and stay in shape.

However, I think the main problem is that hormones can increase your apetite. At the end of the day there is only one thing that makes you gain weight; eating more energy than your body is using ;)

35 pounds in 6 months is a *lot* though - that represents an over-eat of something like 600 calories per day! Have you tried calorie counting or anything like that?

Kate.

Caitlyn
10-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Average intake for men is 2500 calories. 2000 for women. I guess now you are on hormones, your body also thinks it female. You cant eat like a man anymore. :)