PDA

View Full Version : just clothes ?

rexy
01-20-2012, 12:30 PM
I have heard many ,many times this it is just clothes. After all the years that I have been out it is much more than just clothes it is a PASSION :). What do some of you think ?

Anna Lorree
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
To me it is an expression of a part of my personality. I have known about this side of me since I was a child, even though I didn't want to admit it. I am past the destructive guilt, and am trying to figure out how my life will be restructured around the real me.

Anna

Diana Bain
01-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Clothes complete the look...but how we feel on the inside makes it special.

ArleneRaquel
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
I wish that I could put my feelings into the proper words. I do know that I love being dressed enfemme.

moondog
01-20-2012, 12:47 PM
It's not about the clothes for me, anymore, it's become something...deeper.

ArleneRaquel
01-20-2012, 12:49 PM

It goes much deeper for me also. I really want to be seen as a woman. A girl can dream can't she ? :)

Katelyn B
01-20-2012, 12:49 PM
For me, it really isn't about the cloths, it's about who I am, the cloths just help the outside match the inside.

Karren H
01-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah.... They are just clothes.... but they are not "our" clothes!!

BillieJoEllen
01-20-2012, 01:41 PM
I suppose they are just clothes but I love this type of clothing. Since I can remember I always remember feeling like and wanting to be a girl. Through my childhood wearing girl's clothes never entered my mind although I often found myself in them due to various reasons. It was the result of two aunts and my mother. Just as a joke I wore a colonial type dress to school for Halloween. After Halloween while talking to some girls they told me that I didn't really know what wearing a dress was like because I wore pants under that dress. So I tried wering that dress sans pants when I was home alone. I guess I must of reported that to some of those girls and once again I was challenged to try it again wearing girl's underwear. When alone at home again I tried what the girls told me to do. It went from there to trying on modern day clothes. So I tried some modern day clothes. By now I was curious. Soon after I tried a girdle and a tight skirt. ZIP!!!! ZAP!!!! ZOOP!!!! I was astonished at how those clothes felt and I was hooked into being a CDer from that point on. Finally I had a connection to my fem self. I never again talked to anyone about dressing up until I was forced to when I was fifteen after I was caught.

kimdl93
01-20-2012, 01:42 PM
No, its not just the clothes for me....but I do need the clothes to express the person I am....even if its an illusion!

Vanessa Storrs
01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Nothing important, just clothes.
Nothing important, just makeup.
Nothing important, just a wig.
Nothing important, just heels.
Nothing important, just oxygen.

meganmartin
01-20-2012, 03:51 PM
In the early stages it was just the clothes but it has morph into a full presentation.
Don't get me wrong I still love the clothes, the heels and the makeup. but it is all the process of transforming something masculine into something not so masculine. It is really hard to explain...But i am sure it is the same but different for everyone.

ginafaye
01-20-2012, 03:54 PM
how can we all be girlfriends if its only clothes?

Katie83
01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I have to agree with the previous posts saying that the clothes are only part of the complete look. For me i like to look in the mirror and see a woman looking back a me, so i need the wig, make up, shoes and body hair removed to achieve that.
Katie

Kate Simmons
01-20-2012, 04:03 PM
What I think Rexy is that it's the person who makes the clothes and not vice versa.;):battingeyelashes::)

AndreaCD1963
01-20-2012, 04:07 PM
For me, it really isn't about the cloths, it's about who I am, the cloths just help the outside match the inside.

Bingo!!

But the clothing and accessories sure are nice too :-)

Donna June
01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Yes it is a passion, a yearning that is not just about the clothes. Yet the clothes is definitely so important to me. I can be in the most drab clothes and feel feminine, but when dressed and all made up it makes me fell wonderful and more complete.

Katelyn B
01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Bingo!!

But the clothing and accessories sure are nice too :-)

Especially the shoes ;)

Lorileah
01-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Clothes complete the look...but how we feel on the inside makes it special.

:yt:

Everyone is different but here are my thoughts

If there were no clothing would you feel all; male or any different than you do now?

If tomorrow men's clothing looked just like women's but still said "Men's" on the tag would you start wearing them?

Why is cotton (or whatever material) in a woman's blouse any different than in a man's shirt?

When you take off those panties ( I just HAD to say that word here) you a different person? Stronger? Weaker?

If someone dresses like Superman can they fly faster than a speeding bullet?

It is just clothing when you come down to it. If you feel feminine then you can do that in jeans (sorry Karren) and a T-shirt. You can do that in flats not heels. It is who you are. The clothing is just a big flashy billboard. It is how you get noticed (or notice yourself if you are still in the closet). It is what is in your mind and in your heart. All the labels as to who can wear what is all set up in people's minds. There is no reason a dress is female except some moron years ago decided it should be and people bought it. Practicality aside (which was an excellent argument women could use when they decided it is just clothes) it is a bit of cloth. It does not make you anything more or less than you are anyway.

Are the clothes important to you being a TG? Then I would say it is a fetish more than anything else. If you can sit at your desk in a three piece suit, tie and oxford shoes and still think of yourself as pretty, then it is who you are.

Jenniferathome
01-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Its all about perspective. My wife always says, "It's just clothes.". And for her it's true. For me, it is much more than clothes and I wish I could articulate exactly what but how does one describe the indescribable?

simsdudley111
01-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Inside job i agree....

joandher
01-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah.... They are just clothes.... but they are not "our" clothes!!

Sorry Karren have to disagree the women's style clothes are all mine bought and paid for.

Hugs J-JAY

Lucy_Bella
01-20-2012, 06:35 PM
I sure as heck wouldn't be xdressing if it wasn't for the clothes.. :)

rachaelsloane
01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Clothes are only the beginning. For, as many of us grow and start to go out, it becomes how we present ourselves when out and how it makes us feel inside.

Jilmac
01-20-2012, 07:14 PM
I have to agree with you girlfriend. After all the years I spent in the closet, dressing at every opportunity, it couldn't be anything but a passion. The pretty clothes make the experience enjoyable, but the passion to dress comes from within.

Regan
01-20-2012, 07:25 PM
I agree with everyone, the clothes are a wonderful tool for making me feel the way I want to feel on a daily basis. I just feel so much more complete when I am a lady.

Nikki A.
01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote from Lorileah
If tomorrow men's clothing looked just like women's but still said "Men's" on the tag would you start wearing them?

Actually, yes I would as a male if I could and not be fired or harrassed. That being said, my fem side can also be expressed in wearing jeans as long as I want to present as a female (the make up, hair, and "enhancements".

Brenda456
01-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Clothes can be soft and pretty. I like soft and pretty. . .

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-20-2012, 07:46 PM
They are just clothes, like we are still just a man in a dress. Its just some take it further and believe they are actually female but born wrong. It all boils away to being simply "Testosterone enveloped in threads".

StephanieT
01-20-2012, 08:04 PM
It is more than just clothes to me. I relate it to being an actor and assuming the role of the character I am playing. I had the role of a macho male pounded into me when I was young and YES literally pounded into me. When I get to dress, I allow myself to be softer, genteler and more sensitive. Something that is hard for me in my traditional male role. I also like feeling more attractive with a little makeup on. Even dressed as a guy, I put on some makeup and feel better. Maybe it is a self image thing, maybe something is missing in my life, but dressed up I feel more complete. And yes if heels, a skirt and makeup were acceptable for a guy, I think I would get the same feeling. Today I went to my counseling appointment in womens jean, heels and otherwise a guy. My therapist gave me compliments and loved the heels. I am finally accepting that I am who I am. The rest of the world can deal with it even with 4 inch peep toes and nail polish on a guy.

josee
01-20-2012, 08:36 PM
It is just clothing when you come down to it. If you feel feminine then you can do that in jeans (sorry Karren) and a T-shirt. You can do that in flats not heels. It is who you are. The clothing is just a big flashy billboard. It is how you get noticed (or notice yourself if you are still in the closet). It is what is in your mind and in your heart. All the labels as to who can wear what is all set up in people's minds. There is no reason a dress is female except some moron years ago decided it should be and people bought it. Practicality aside (which was an excellent argument women could use when they decided it is just clothes) it is a bit of cloth. It does not make you anything more or less than you are anyway.

Are the clothes important to you being a TG? Then I would say it is a fetish more than anything else. If you can sit at your desk in a three piece suit, tie and oxford shoes and still think of yourself as pretty, then it is who you are.

I think you are on to something here Lorileah. They really are just clothes. Lying on the bed they can't do anything to me. And then I put them on. Then the clothes can help get me into a more feminine frame of mind. But that feminine mind is there all the time, it just has been repressed due to peer pressure and such.
I have been taught by society that I am supposed to "act like a man". I am still the same person though in my work uniform of steel toe boots, all cotton dickie type pants and shirt as when I pull on a slip, a bra and a dress.
However, when I brush on that foundation, coat my lashes with mascara and line my eyes, when I pull on the hose, slip and dress that encourages and strengthens my feminine mind to come more to the front and begin to take over.

Some times I wonder when I am really crossdressed, in a dress or my work uniform.
Does that make sense to anyone?

Tanya C
01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Perhaps they are just clothes. But it's the reason we wear them is what gives them significance.
Personally, I wear women's clothing to physically express the feminine side of my personality. There are times when I wish to look feminine as well as feel feminine. And with all due respect to Lorileah, a suit and tie just doesn't cut it. It has nothing to do with fetishism but rather an expression of gender identity.

Tara D. Rose
01-21-2012, 03:03 AM
I guess for some , it is just clothes. And for others, it goes far beyond clothes. For the TG spectrum goes far beyond just clothes for so many and for some others, it can only be just clothes. I cannot say that it is and I cannot say that it is not, just clothes, for each of us, it is so different from one to another. As far as the way I live my life and on my TG side I can say with all certainty, that it is far more then just clothes, but I also realize that for so many others, it is just clothes. And so I ask, for those that feel it is just clothes, and clothes only, are these the ones that start cd'ing later in adulthood only?
L&R................Tara

Sandra
01-21-2012, 04:29 AM
Wow what a turn around, time and time again I have seen threads on here by GGs and they have been told "but it's only clothes" when they have been having trouble accepting. Guess in the future I'll point members to this thread when the saying comes up "but it's only clothes"

noeleena
01-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Hi.

So this is were the difference comes in , im still a female / woman reguardless of the clothes & no matter what i wear or not, tho i hated male clothing & if i had to wear male clothes i would change that to suit myself as a woman.
Percepsion of who you are is not allways how you look or what you wear,

...noeleena...

jillleanne
01-21-2012, 06:08 AM
It's never been just about the clothes. I just didn't know it at the time as a child. It's all about showing myself and others my feminine side and who I am as a person. It's a personal and public expression of my normal feminine self.

Badtranny
01-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Wow what a turn around, time and time again I have seen threads on here by GGs and they have been told "but it's only clothes" when they have been having trouble accepting. Guess in the future I'll point members to this thread when the saying comes up "but it's only clothes"

I know Sandra I am a little surprised too, I was sure this thread would go another way. It IS difficult to keep track of things around here.

Joanne f
01-21-2012, 06:32 AM
For some it can be just about the clothes and accessories but for a lot it runs much deeper than that as the clothes can start you off on a connection with something within yourself, a feminine side that once accepted seams very difficult to ignore which also has a habit of growing more that disappearing .

StephanieT
01-21-2012, 10:12 AM

Well in a way it is only clothes. We are still the same person, we just put on the clothes and the makeup. Yes, we may act a little different but hopefully after the initial excitement of dressing and the pink fog clears, the difference will be an improvement.

Lucy_Bella
01-21-2012, 12:02 PM

For some no it's not just the clothes, I understand that they don't need the clothing to feel feminine ( it is stamped in their DNA at birth) .. Me , hell yes it's the clothes!! Why ? because just like the under dressing ,the fit and cut of soft female clothing is letting you know that feminine feeling is possible feeding that urge ( fetish , turn on ..???? etc ).. In fem I am a pervert with reason to emulate what I so much desire.. I don't need clothing to feel Macho :) ..

JessicaM1985
01-21-2012, 12:25 PM
For me it really is just clothes. Granted, wearing them helped me to discover who I am, but now that I know, I'm still Jessica even if I have a 5" goatee and looked like a grease monkey. That said, I prefer the clothes and makeup because I feel more comfortable in them. But I'm not a girly girl either. I love my t-shirt and jeans look. But I sure wouldn't mind wearing a bra and panties either. The wig and makeup just better illustrates the person inside and for all to see.

KrystalA
01-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes, it realy is much more than just the clothes. There is that euphoric feeling that comes with dressing, feeling, and looking feminine. It comes as a whole package deal. :battingeyelashes: :battingeyelashes:

TGMarla
01-21-2012, 12:52 PM
It certainly was the clothing that got me started. Dresses, heels, pantyhose, all forbidden fruit for a guy. Curiosity won out, and once I tried it, I found that I really liked - no, loved - wearing feminine things. Back then, I was such an undersized guy compared to other males my age, that it brought on something of an inferiority complex. I noticed that such musings were not at all important to girls; they seemed so much more comfortable in their skin than I did. I didn't know anything of the competitions that girls had between them, and the grass seemed greener on the other side. I felt so comfortable, so right presenting as a girl and pretending in my mind that I was atually female. That has never really gone away, either. I grew to be really obsessed with the clothing and the presentation both. It got really bad at times, and I'd long to transition and actually "be" a woman. But life, as it has a habit of doing, got in the way, and I grew into the life I already had.

Now it's more about the clothing than it is about some inner manifestation. Don't get me wrong; that inner woman is still there, and always will be. She just knows that she's never going to get that female genetalia she so longed for. And she's much quieter these days because of that. I love presenting as a woman and weaing women's clothing. I'm dressed to the nines right now as I type this. I absolutely love it, too. But things change over time, and now I can enjoy my girl time for the clothing more than I used to. In those days, it was all about being female, and to an extent, it still is. But I can now dress without all the turmoil in my head over it all. And in many ways, that makes it sweeter.

NicoleScott
01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Broad generalization to follow:
If we wear feminine clothes to express an internal feminine identity, it's not about the clothes. Identity dressers: it just feels right.
If we dress because it brings some kind of pleasure, it is about the clothes. Pleasure dressers: it just feels good.
We're not all the same.

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-21-2012, 01:38 PM
It's so much more than "just clothes", for me and for many others. It is a tough task to put it into words or to try and explain it to someone that doesn't know what I am all about so I don't try. They say the clothes make the man, well they make the woman also, so that's part of the answer. I want it all when I want it and society and life is keeping me from it, well I am keeping me from it, nobody else to blame. I'll just be the secret girl I have been for 55 years and maybe in my next life I'll be the girl I have always wanted to be. Oh Sandra get a life!!!!

Tara D. Rose
01-21-2012, 04:16 PM
That may or may not be true Sandra. But I can say with all certainty, It has never been me. I am always consistant on here. My post's coincide with eachother everytime. And I'm not even a politician. ..lol...
L&R....................Tara

rexy
01-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks girls to all the replies , it is sooooooo much more than " just clothes "

eluuzion
01-22-2012, 06:51 AM
The baby shoe in the curio cabinet is just a shoe.
Grandma’s locket on your necklace is just a locket.
The breast cancer bracelet on you wrist is just wide rubber band.
Grandma’s diamonds set in your ring are just diamonds.
The name/image on your skin is just ink.

yeaaaah, right :heehee:

“Every picture tells a story” (Rod Stewart)

I believe that it is not the items and events themselves that create the emotional attachment, but the meanings we assign to them.

I am innately curious. When I was a kid I often felt uneasy about interactions with people. Not in the sense of being shy or distant. I mean a feeling that I was not getting the “truth”. At first I thought some people were just lying to me. It did not feel like intentional lies designed to deceive me. It was more toward the feeling people were “hiding something“, but not specifically from me…but as if what I was hearing and viewing was just “not the real story”, or “complete story.” It was more of an uneasiness, like I just “did not get it”. (I was just naturally perceptive)

I just made a spy game out it. Whatever I saw and heard were just a camouflaged clues connected to what was “really” going on. My job was to figure out the meaning, using all of the other cues to piece it together. (non-verbal, etc). I discovered it worked well. It improved with age and targeted education. The “up” side is that I ended up being pretty good at reading people and meanings. The “down” side is that people ask me a lot if I am a “cop” or “spy”. :heehee:

My point in posting the above is simply to provide some background to explain my perspective on the topic.

In my opinion, if you want to know what is going on…pay attention to what things “mean”, not what you hear and see on the surface.

So my answer is ...No...there is no such thing as Santa Claus
and there is no such thing as "just clothes":D

:love:

Claire Cook
01-22-2012, 07:18 AM

Yes, I think that's how I feel. It's like, well, me, and I'm just not right unless I'm at least partly dressed.

DanaR
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
It has nothing to do with the clothes. If you look around, you'll see that all girls dress like this.:battingeyelashes:

Carlene
01-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Perhaps, none of us can answer this question for anyone except ourselves. For me, clothes make me feel more complete, but I'm fairly certain it isn't just clothes. Somewhere within my core, there is a fundamental change ocurring. Someone softer, more attentive, less competitive, is emerging and I like her. For a little longer each day she is with me whether I am dressed or not....:hugs: Carlene