PDA

View Full Version : Oh goody! it's snowing!

Krististeph
01-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Now i get to throw on my ski suit, boots, gloves, etc. and use the snowblower! All the clothing are women's, if a bit unisex.

Alas. the snowblower is not a woman's size or cut... :battingeyelashes:

stacycoral
01-20-2012, 05:02 PM
How do youknow that, you can paint it pink then it would be ok, Hope you don't get to much of that fun white !!! Be care there blowing Kristi,:cheer::cheer:

Kimberly Long
01-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I just looked it is 87 outside in deep south Texas. I think I will go out and get a tan, but I will be thinking about you in the snow.
Love Kimberly

Karren H
01-20-2012, 05:07 PM
See I bought a small electric snow blower. Perfect size for my wife! :)

Alberta_Pat
01-20-2012, 05:38 PM
You can always drag that thing outside, then stand there staring at it until some nice gentleman c0o0mes along and starts it for you and then proceeds to show you how to use it. ;)

prettytoes
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
One of the few advantages to a herniated disc-no shoveling snow... I think I'll stay in the warm house and paint my toenails instead!

Julogden
01-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Bah, humbug! I'm not a snow person. I don't mind a little, but the snow today is more than a bit, and I don't have a snow blower, so I'll be shoveling when it's done. :(

Carol

Beverley Sims
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't care now, I'm in England looking for the darned stuff.
They have plenty of unprocessed snow. It looks a lot like rain.......

AllieSF
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Ooh Goody it is Raining! After one of the driest Decembers and half of January we are finally getting our much needed winter rainy season rain, which means snow in the mountains for our summer and fall water supplies. The skiers are happy too expecting up to 4 feet of the white stuff over the next few days.

Brenda456
01-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Hmm, I may have to figure out how to herniate a disk. Oh wait, that is probably a bad idea. Guess I am going to be friends with the shovel again. . .

Vanessa Storrs
01-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Just up the hill from Allie we have been having a very nice light rain. The sky is a beautiful shade of grey. There have been horrible wildfires this week, this rain should reduce the fire danger for at least a few months.

Acastina
01-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Ooh Goody it is Raining! After one of the driest Decembers and half of January we are finally getting out much needed winter rainy season rain, which means snow in the mountains for our summer and fall water supplies. The skiers are happy too expecting up to 4 feet of the white stuff over the next few days.

Yes, it has been a long Autumn around here. I'm ready to give the golf clubs a rest and break out the skis. Unfortunately, after a pretty low snow level (that's crucial in these parts, for you Midwesterners/New Englanders/Canadians; snow at 200 feet here in the Sacramento Valley is rare) yesterday, it seems to be up around 8000 feet today, washing the first bits away. Steady moderate rain today, with high winds forecast for the next 12 hours and more on the way.

It does make for a splendid excuse to stay indoors and rummage through the drawers and closets...

kimdl93
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm jealous. Its a damp and cloudy 70+ here in Houston.

Cristi
01-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Usually by this time in Vermont we have a foot or more on the ground... but all we've gotten so far is 3 small storms of just 1-2 inches each.

I think it is because after years and years of shoveling, I broke down this fall and dropped $1500 on a really nice snowblower, so of course it will be a snow-less year.

Now that we have snow, I'd just as soon get enough to be able to DO something. What we have on the ground is not enough for XC skiing or snowshoeing... but just a bit too much for mountain biking until the snowmobilers get out to pack some trails.

Alice Torn
01-21-2012, 01:11 PM
And they say its still all George Bush's fault. LOL

jillleanne
01-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Stop slugging that snowblower and come snowmobiling!

AnitaH
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
I've only started the snowblower twice this year. Usually by this time I've started it twice a day for at least a month now. I'm glad to be giving the blower a break this year.

AnitaH

Daphne Renee
01-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I used to live in Northern IN.. a lot of people there hated the snow. I kind of liked it. I doesnt snow very often here and when it does its normally not more than 2-3" at most. So far this winter has been fairly mild. I think I only broke out the heavy coat maybe twice.

SethAutumn
01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Mostly in northern part will be more snow.Not only there all countries will get snow by this time.

Sue Too
01-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Sorry I was sooooo slow in posting to this thread. I was busy golfing. Tee time was 2:15pm and it was a beautiful 67 degrees. This is what we call winter!!

Susan in Phoenix

Cristi
01-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Sorry I was sooooo slow in posting to this thread. I was busy golfing. Tee time was 2:15pm and it was a beautiful 67 degrees. This is what we call winter!!

Susan in Phoenix

Don't take this personally but.... I hate you right now. :)

I am visiting the Phoenix area toward the end of next month. Save some of the good weather for me!