PDA

View Full Version : Fulfilled a dream last night!

patti1569
01-20-2012, 08:31 PM
I had a nice little night planned. Was gonna dress, put on a little light makeup, relax, watch some TV. Well that’s not exactly how the night went. After a little bit I started to feel that urge to go out again. I didn’t really feel like just going for a ride and coming right back like my other outings. Then I remembered there is a group I found online that meets every Thursday night at a bar about 20 minutes from me. The group is called Thursday Night T-Girls (or TNT, here is the website: http://www.tgparties.com/tnt/index.php). I didn’t like what I was wearing, so I changed, touched up my makeup, changed again (this went on for a while). My thought process went something like this: I can’t do this yet….Yes I can….NO I CAN’T….not tonight…YES TONIGHT…OMGOMGOMG!!!! Ok, just get in the car, you can always turn around.

So that’s what I did. Got in the car, put the address in the GPS, and just started to drive. The drive itself was the longest time that I have ever been out of the apartment dressed. I was doing great, until I started to get close. The closer I got the more my heart began to pound. I kept thinking that I could always turn around and go home, but I knew the moment that I walked out the door that I was going into this bar and having a glass of wine no matter what. This is the moment that I had dreamt about for decades, and it was happening, and I was going to follow through with it.

I found the bar and was a little concerned at first. I didn’t see anyone in the window and thought that it might be closed. I parked down the street a bit and began to walk down the street. Now I could see some people and thought, OK here we go. Deep breath, focus on walking (I was wearing really high platform heels). I opened the door and walked in!!!! Time seemed to slow down and then my heart sank. There were only three guys sitting at the bar. No one else in the place. I almost turned right around and walked out, but I recognized the bartender from the TNT website. I walked past the guys who looked, but seemed not to care too much about me, and to the end of the bar. The bartender came over and asked me what I would like. I told her that I thought I might not be in the right place. She asked if I was looking for the TNT party, and I said I was. She was so nice to me it was a comfort considering the situation. She let me know that I just missed everyone. They had all left for the night. I asked her if it was OK for me to be there now, and she said of course it was.

I was disappointed that I had missed the party but was determined to hang out and have my drink. I played with my phone, checked my email snapped a few pics, and glanced uninterested at the TV. The guys left me alone which I was happy about, and I started chatting with the bartender. She was a young pretty girl and so nice to me. She complimented me after I told her that this was my first time out by saying “You look good. Actually…you look really good!”. It seemed genuine and made my night.

I was getting ready to go when the door opened and in came a stunning girl in a tight red dress and red heels, with a great long black wig. She was trying to stand out and was doing it well! I was so happy to see her. I thought to myself OK, just go say hi, introduce yourself and then go. After a bit, I took my drink and walked over. I introduced myself as Patti, and as I did, I realized that I have never done that before. It was so fun. We wound up chatting for about an hour! It was the best time ever! She was so nice and fun to talk to. We are going to keep in touch and will probably go out together some time.

It wound up being such a great time, and I can’t wait to go again (earlier next time). I drove home in bliss going over everything that happened. It was amazing. Thanks for reading if you got this far. I know it was long, but so much to talk about. I could go on and on about the whole night. Here a few pics from the bar. Thanks again, xx Patti.

Regan
01-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Patti,

Great pics and I am jealous, it sounded like a great time. I need to find out if there are gatherings like that around here, then it will force me to get more clothes.

AllieSF
01-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Wow, what a great first time out interacting with others story. I must ask this for others wanting to go out. Did the sky fall, did you get a lot of unwanted attention, did you get snide comments, did and a lot more did's???? You look really cute in the pics and I really like the color and shape of your wig. It truly compliments your face and skin color. Now, I can't wait to read all about the second upcoming big night out. Thanks for sharing.

Jeannie
01-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Well Patti congratulations and you are so brave to go out like that. So far I have only went for a drive and it was great. You look very pretty and the bottom pictures are really good. I hope your new found friend turns out be BFF and you have some good times together. Great story to.

Karren H
01-20-2012, 09:15 PM
That's too awesome Patti!!

rachaelsloane
01-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Patti,
Congratulations on going out, and BTW, you look great in pictures, especially your hair and makeup. It's always that first step that is the hardest to do.
Now there will be no stopping you, ENJOY.
Rachael

Paula T
01-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Excellent story and now you know that the world won't end when you go out.:) I don't know how tall you are but you look gorgeous in the pics. The next thing you know you will be out shopping enfemme.:eek:

larry
01-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Such a nice story. Thanks for sharing. Sure glad I was not there cause I would not have been able to stay away from
such a good looker. hehehe

DeniseNJ
01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I love success stories I am happy for you

ColleenCD
01-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Nice story Patti! Congratulations on your adventure and we want to hear about the next meeting.

Colleen

stacycoral
01-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Patty, love your stroy, and being all alone, girl your braver than me , i went with someone, but i tell that story later, you look pretty, and it is so nice when you can talk to a girl and be treated like one, the barteener sound like right person to meet on a first time out. Can't wait to hear about your next time, and yes there will be a next time.

toriwilliams
01-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Well that was good. It's good you made it out the door and to the bar. Keep it up and congratulations.

Jenniferathome
01-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Fantastic! You did IT, the biggest IT in CDdom. Congratulations. You'll never be the same.

Sandy Banks
01-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Great story, can't wait for the 2nd one.......................................

Beth Mays
01-20-2012, 10:37 PM
I am very impressed! I too want to hear more about the next trip out.

taís
01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
the bartender was being honest, I can assure you that ^ ^ you look amazing and very sweet. yet brave! glad to know everything went fine, thanks for sharing your story! loved to read it, and let us know the second part, when you finally get to meet the TNT group! ;x

paulaprimo
01-20-2012, 10:46 PM
patti, very nice story and i am real happy for you. you must feel wonderful!! you are so beautiful and look great...if i had your looks i'd kick this closet door down and go out every nite...lol

donnatracey
01-20-2012, 10:50 PM
What a wonderful evening, Patti! Enjoyed reading about it so much. Based on the photos, consider yourself fortunate those guys didn't hit on you.....:heehee:

Miranda09
01-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Now that is a great story Patti. Hope it works out, but if not, at least you had a great, and positive, experience. ;)

cdsara
01-21-2012, 12:21 AM
you look stunning, and all that fun should make it much easier next time.

susangirl
01-21-2012, 12:50 AM
OOO Patti, you have done it now. The joy and feeling I get being out in public as a woman is awesome. I know exactly how you feel. I must say you look great and should be able to go just about anywhere looking like you did the other night. You will find out most people really don't care, except teenagers. They always seem to have the cross dressing radar on. I have found even if someone knows (or thinks) your a man in woman clothing and says something or laughs it's ok. The fun and joy far out wieghs what a few people might think. You really look awesome and if I find myself in Philly I'll try to look you up. (I'm an airline pilot)

suzanne
01-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Your photographs are very nice. Your look is something to be envious of! You should never have even the slightest hesitation about going out dressed. I'm glad your first time out was so successful.

One question: I didn't get whether this girl you met and chatted with for an hour was a GG or a CD. Because you mentioned a wig, I thought it could have been either/or. Not an issue either way, i was just curious.

Many more happy outings. We're all rooting for you!

bellavaldez
01-21-2012, 01:13 AM
I can't believe that someone who looks as good as you has never gone out before, I agree with the barender, you look great! Good luck with your new friend and hope you keep going out because looking the way you do you deserve it.

Lorileah
01-21-2012, 01:20 AM
:cheer::cheer:

Awesome for you! Next time it will be less heart pounding and you can relax some.

PS I do the same thing with my phone when I am bored at the bar :))

patti1569
01-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Your photographs are very nice. Your look is something to be envious of! You should never have even the slightest hesitation about going out dressed. I'm glad your first time out was so successful.

One question: I didn't get whether this girl you met and chatted with for an hour was a GG or a CD. Because you mentioned a wig, I thought it could have been either/or. Not an issue either way, i was just curious.

Many more happy outings. We're all rooting for you!

Thanks everyone! It was an amazing time. I'm still flying high. Suzanne, she is a CD. Sorry I left that a little vague. Thanks again, xx Patti.

kimdl93
01-21-2012, 09:44 AM
What a great night, Patti! I'm so happy that you crossed that threshold and had such an enjoyable time. You're a lovely woman and should have no fear going anywhere. (I know the feeling - going out and actually interacting with people is the greatest)

PretzelGirl
01-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I am happy for you. It is always nice to have the first time out go well. I am sorry you missed the crowd, but it sounds like it worked out for the best as you really got to spend you time with one person. Those kinds of conversations are priceless. It all gets easier from here.....

Launa
01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
What a nice story that took guts and you did it, you always remember your first!:) In a month I will be going to go out during daylight hours to go shopping for the first time but I will have help from some fellow CD girls that will be with me. I hope I will have a similar experience for my first!

Cheers.

tamCD
01-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Lovely story ! Exciting and inspiring. I'm looking forward to my first night out en femme, it must be a thrill.

I can't wait to hear from you again and read your next adventures.

kisses
tam

drag n fly
01-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Gawd Patti...you look great..Congrats on breaking the ice....smooches jackie

bobbie c
01-21-2012, 12:24 PM
patti...you look great.....and congrats you pushed yourself and did it.....nice hair by the way smile

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-21-2012, 01:45 PM
The bartender was not just being polite, your pictures look great. I am so glad you had such a good time, you make me almost want to fly to Philly to go out on the town with you. If your ever in Chi town look me up. We have plenty of groups like this.

Longing2be-Trisha
01-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi Patti!

So glad you got out and had fun! You look very pretty! Keep it up GIRL friend!

Hugs

anonymousinmaryland
01-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Great story. Better pictures. Congrats.

patti1569
01-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Last week I posted that I went to a local bar that has a transgender meet up party every Thursday night. I wasn’t planning on going, but got the nerve up to go later in the night at about midnight. Well by that time on a weeknight the party was over and everyone had left. I made the best of it and had a great time anyway.

This week I planned on going, and got ready early after work and made it there by 10:30. Now this is what I was hoping for! There were a lot of people there at that time. Now what I wasn’t expecting was that many people there were “regular” patrons of the bar. I didn’t know that it was gay bar lol! I was a little uncomfortable at first, but think it was related to the fact that I have NEVER been in a place dressed with this many people around. I’d say that there were about 30 people in the bar, and out of that, there were probably 8 to 10 transgender people (crossdressers and transsexuals).

The hostess (a gorgeous CD), greeted me and began a conversation about who I was. She was so nice, and to just talk about myself with someone just like me (we wound up having a lot in common) was what I have been dreaming about for years. I began introducing myself to others, and I got a lot of great attention for revealing that this was one of my first outings. I exchanged email addresses, received encouragement, had great conversation, got invited to other parties, and was invited to a local support group. It was a night I will never forget.

As I began to relax and calm down a little (and was about half way thru my glass of wine), I began to really enjoy the diversity of the crowd. There were boys and their GG girlfriends, gay men, lesbians, and those who seemed like local bar regulars. I got a lot of looks, but nothing negative. I found that I enjoyed making eye contact with people and giving them a small smile as if to say “hi, it’s just me”. The same bartender was working who was there last week. She is an adorable GG who is so fun to talk to. She recognized me and greeted me at the bar with “hey! You made it back.” We had another great conversation. I must say that I love being dressed and chatting with GG’s. I’ve always felt more comfortable talking with women, and doing it while dressed really makes me feel like one of the girls!

I stayed until there were only three of us left in the bar. It was down to me, the party hostess, and one other crossdresser. It was a great night and I didn’t want it to end. We said out goodbyes, and all headed home for the night. On the drive home I was reflecting about the night and realized something interesting about it all. It didn’t feel the way I thought it would. I thought that I would feel conscious of the fact that I was a crossdresser in a bar wearing my wig and heels, and that I would have this constant “thrill” feeling with butterflies in my stomach. The truth is, it felt more natural, and dare I say “normal”. I thought that I would be saying to myself “OMG, what did you just do! You were out in public in a dress for the world to see! What were you thinking!?” It wasn’t like that at all. It was just a calm, relaxed, nice ride home singing along to the radio and thinking about what I’ll wear to the next party.

I didn’t take any pics at the bar, but one of the organizers did to post on their website. I’ll post a link to that when they put them up. Here are a few I took when I got home so you can see what I wore. The party’s theme was “glam night” so I tried to glam it up with big jewelry, sequin skirt, and sequin platform heels.
Thx for reading about my adventures. I love to share them with all of you! XX Patti.

Marie-Elise
01-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Great story. I used to live in Philly a few years ago. I periodically get back there. Which bar was this?

Oh, and you look great.

MrsKali
01-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Good for you. And you look great.

paulaprimo
01-27-2012, 12:49 PM
patti,
great story...you are so pretty and look great...

patti1569
01-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Great story. I used to live in Philly a few years ago. I periodically get back there. Which bar was this?

Oh, and you look great.

Thx! It's the Beagle Tavern in Norristown, PA.

moondog
01-27-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm glad you had a great time, it does sound like a lot of fun, ans I think you hit the perfect blend of glam without go over the top, so to speak. You look very pretty, and those shoes are killer.

luuv2dress
01-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Great to hear you made it back there and enjoyed yourself. And i must say i love that outfit girl and those shoes omg

KayleeDahl
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Great to hear that its a fun place to go! I think Krysta & I are going to try and meet up there some time in February, maybe you would want to join us!

Hugs
Kaylee

bobbie c
01-27-2012, 02:26 PM
i know the feeling!! and the shoes....nice!! you look great

stacycoral
01-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Patti, your so nice in that outfit, girl those shoes how high are those heels, Glad you had a good time, Keep telling about your outting, some of girls, would love to be able to have so many furn outting.

ArleneRaquel
01-27-2012, 02:42 PM
A wonderful story, btw you look fantastic.

Longing2be-Trisha
01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
May I say Patti WOW! You look GREAT! So glad you had a great time out!

Hugs

rachaelsloane
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Glad you had a good time and your makeup is perfect.

Regan
01-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Patti

You look great and the party sounded amazing.

ArleneRaquel
01-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I love your story and the last 2 pics also. You are gorgeous.

Acastina
01-27-2012, 03:19 PM
... I started chatting with the bartender. She was a young pretty girl and so nice to me. She complimented me after I told her that this was my first time out by saying “You look good. Actually…you look really good!”. It seemed genuine and made my night.

Here a few pics from the bar. Thanks again, xx Patti.

Your friend the bartender speaks the truth. I don't see how it could be other than genuine. For going out alone, you might reconsider the platform shoes, but you definitely should not be timid about venturing out. Good on you.

Marie-Elise
01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Thx! It's the Beagle Tavern in Norristown, PA.

Funny. I used to live about 10 minutes from there. Small world.

patti1569
01-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Great to hear that its a fun place to go! I think Krysta & I are going to try and meet up there some time in February, maybe you would want to join us!

Hugs
Kaylee

Absolutely! Please keep in touch and let me know!

patti1569
01-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Funny. I used to live about 10 minutes from there. Small world.

If you ever come back to the area to visit let me know and we could meet up there!

cindy777
01-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Great story Patti, I am extremely happy for you. This year I plan on doing going out for the first time:)
You look stunning by the way.

Cindy

patti1569
01-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the amazing comments! It's been such a great time finally getting out, and I love to share the stories here!

Paulette
01-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Last year I had to go to Philly and ended up staying in the downtown area, I tried to find a spot like this but was unable too. The next time I am in Philly I will have to get a car so that I can attend the TNT event.

paula123
01-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Glad you had a good time you look rely nice

karenlong
01-27-2012, 06:11 PM
im so happy for you, the first time out is scary, but after a few min you realize no one cares what you have on then you can just be you, whatever that is, im so glad you had a great time, by the way you look wonderful

Kelli Ca
01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Im so happy for you and sovery jealous at the same time. Great story I love to read your adventures keep on posting.By the way you look amazing

Jill Devine
01-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Success!!! Well done and congrats on taking that big step. And big steps ain't easy in high heels
;-)

STACY B
01-27-2012, 08:55 PM
SWEET ,,, Thats sounds like one heck of a time ,,, Dont ya just love it when a plan comes together. Shoot girl ,, What you sweatin it for you look like a million bucks , Just wish there were somewhere to go around this dump ?? But im glad you got to fulfil your DREAM .

RenneB
01-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Great story Patti. I too made 'the trip' just a few weeks ago to a TG bar. I didn't end up meeting anyone like you did but it was one thing that I was able to check off the bucket list....

Thanks for sharing......

Renne.....