PDA

View Full Version : A very long break...(and a long post)

KylieQ
01-20-2012, 09:51 PM
It's been a long time...far too long!

So much has gone on in the last 7 months and my head is still spinning from a lot of it!

This may get a bit long but I'll do my best to keep it reasonable.

So back in May of last year I finally achieved one of my lifelong goals by finally graduating from college with my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. I also just started working on my Master's degree in teaching, something else I never thought I would do...the way I'm going I might be out of school by the time I turn 40! That takes care of the beginning and the end, but it's the middle that this is more concerned with.

At the time that I graduated, things had taken a very big turn as far as my dressing was concerned. I was dressing fully anytime I wasn't at school, and I was at the very least underdressing 100% of the time when I went out, and I really felt that I was very close to working up the confidence to go out completely dressed from head to toe. After graduation I left for an internship in Florida for about 6 months. This caused a few different things to happen. First, I had to store all of my stuff, and, because I didn't really have the money to pay for storage, I had to put everything up at my brother's house. Unfortunately that also meant getting rid of my entire wardrobe (don't worry, it wasn't a huge one) because his wife has a habit of being somewhat nosy and I knew that they would be moving my stuff around the house as they were doing improvements, so I couldn't take the chance of the wrong box being accidentally opened. The second thing was an abrupt end to the freedom I had experienced living by myself since I would have 5 roommates in Florida, one of whom I would be sharing a room with. This meant absolutely no dressing whatsoever for almost half a year! The reader's digest version of the internship is this: I had a blast and it was a great experience, but not being able to dress drove me up the wall. Fast forward to the day I left...

So I'm leaving Florida, the car's all packed, and I have an eleven hour drive ahead of me that I'm making straight through. First stop was gas, and the second stop was at a store to pick up panties, a pair of girl jeans, and some cute flats. I found somewhere to change quickly and was so happy making that drive that the only thing that might have made it better was if I had actually had the opportunity to properly shave. Anyway, I got home and moved into a new apartment with only one occupant, me! It's amazing just how fast I moved to get my life back to what it was before. There was such a flurry of activity buying new clothes (not a lot, but enough to give me some options), new shoes, everything I needed. Now I'm right back where I was when I left...back in school, dressing every day, and making plans to finally get myself out of the house! The biggest thing about all of this is that my desire to dress is now more powerful than ever and I'm really starting to question and notice a lot of things about myself that I never did before. Anyway, that's for another post.

I'm sorry this was so long and kind of pointless but I just needed to get it out. Thanks all of you for being here and I really did miss being able to visit these boards regularly!

toriwilliams
01-20-2012, 10:17 PM
.....welcome back.....

AllieSF
01-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Welcome back even though you are still on the road to find that path to discovery, knowledge and hopefully very little anxiety and frustrations. Thanks for sharing and stop talking about going out and just do it. I and Nike will be very proud of you.

Regan
01-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Welcome back, it sounds like a long road.

Beth Mays
01-20-2012, 10:41 PM
the road to learning should never end.

PretzelGirl
01-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Sounds like the rough part is well behind so I hope for happy days for you. What I really like about this tale is you know what are your priorities and you fit everything in at their correct time and made it work for you. Kudos to you!

Danni Renee
01-21-2012, 09:47 AM
I am happy you are able to dress again. I go crazy when I cannot dress a few days now and I am about to go to a point I cannot dress for 9 months. I hope I am able to handle it as good as you did!

Danni

Alice Torn
01-21-2012, 06:50 PM
It is amazing how animals and humans can adapt, when push comes to shove. We don't think we can, but we do.

BLUE ORCHID
01-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi Kylie, All that matters now is that you are back and very happy.

jillleanne
01-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I can relate. Gender expression seems dictated often simply by ones' position in life at the time. When you are so busy and focused on achieving a goal, the gender issues take a back seat. When things ease up, that need to once again express ones' self, pushes like a bulldozer. To top it all off, that function of the human tg brain will continue throughout a lifetime for most of us.