PDA

View Full Version : Your Choice of Lipstick . . . .

Anne2345
01-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Lipstick comes in all colors, shades, textures, and consistencies. Some lipstick is quite bold and adventurous, whereas other lipsticks are delicate and fragile. Personally, I simply love, love, love the taste of a quality lipstick.

Lately, I have experimented much with different colors and shades of lipstick. I readily admit that the experience has been quite fun, pleasant, and most delightful. I never tire of experimentation, whether it is successful or not. There is much adventure and enjoyment to be had simply in the experiment itself, and I shall continue my journey until I find the perfect lipstick, whatever it may be.

What does your choice of lipstick say about you? Are you assuming, daring, forward, or perhaps cautious, timid, or humble? Are you neutral, shiny, matte, sparkly, lustrous, or glistening? Does your lipstick adequately convey your essence, or are you still searching for the perfect lip color?

ArleneRaquel
01-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Ulta Red Haute #201 is my current choice. meaning that I'm a hot momma. lol

Diana Bain
01-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Hi Anne, having just changed my hair color I'm expermenting with the right lip color..."very cherry" red is great for that sexy look. My favorite for everyday is "plum perfect"

Marleena
01-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Well Anne I have started to love pink lipstick.:) It's the color I used to hate in guy mode! I tried red, but I look hideous in it for some reason. I have a lipsmacking pink from Avon that I adore, it has tiny little sparkles in it. I am now hooked on lipstick too *sigh*.:)

taís
01-20-2012, 11:29 PM
to me it HAS to be red. I love all its tonalities, but usually tend to the darker ones. and add a thin layer of something glossy and shiny and also red over them.
(and oddly enough, red is a color that I never wear -- I don't even have any clothes on that color, in either "mode"...)

I'd like to use more shades from the pink spectrum, but I think it doesn't suit me. I love purple on some occasions. and I'm currently in love with an outrageous coral pencil lipstick I bought a two weeks ago. <3

joank
01-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Dusty rose for daytime but night or dress depends on the colors I'm wearing. Currently Revlon's Toast of New York with semi dress (sweater and slacks)for the evening.

Karren H
01-20-2012, 11:39 PM
I wear dark reds. Very dark. The darker the better. With out it my lips just disappear. And it has to taste great and smell even better. That's why I only buy L'oreal colour rich or MAC lipsticks. The both smell and taste amazing!!

Janelle_C
01-21-2012, 12:11 AM
:o:battingeyelashes:I just love lip stick which is funny becouse when I was first married I did not like my wife to wear it. Deep down I guess I was just jealous but I'm starting to try light colors to darker reds. I need to learn how to line my lips first.:battingeyelashes:

Debglam
01-21-2012, 12:28 AM
The best thing about lipstick is that there are so many choices!!!!!

With bolder eye makeup, I'll wear pink. Mauve or nude for an everyday look. Want to go bold, I love this shade of fuschia (MAC "Girl About Town"). Still looking for a perfect red for my complexion.

I wear dark reds. Very dark. The darker the better. With out it my lips just disappear. And it has to taste great and smell even better. That's why I only buy L'oreal colour rich or MAC lipsticks. The both smell and taste amazing!!

Bold girl! I have this plum lipstick that I have yet to wear out in the world! MAC and L'Oreal are my favorites too but I'm starting to like NYX lipsticks.

Annaliese2010
01-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Red red red...or pinky pink..or...ba lack...mmyea!

Anna Abwaerts
01-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Checked mine: Loreal Color Riche 361, its Very Red :)

There was mentioned pink- I do not like how it looks on women, not on lips, not on nails. One of my teachers wore pink, I didnt like that teacher overall- and now there is some connection formed- if I see pink, I think of that teacher. Phew.

I find Red to be daring, if you crossdress, why not go the full deal? :)

adrienner99
01-21-2012, 09:22 AM
I think lipstick says a lot about a girl's confidence, and how serious she is about makeup. So many GGs just don't wear lipstick anymore...Lipstick can also say a lot about a CD's knowledge of makeup,or lack of it. I, too adore deep reds. The first female thing I ever tried was Revlon's Cherries in the Snow. It was like opening a door to happiness.

drushin703
01-21-2012, 09:30 AM
I just love the new Revlon fushia, which is perfect for darker skinned people but the color stay is hard as hell to wash off...dana

kimdl93
01-21-2012, 09:31 AM
lipstick is a source of continuing confusion for me. Being a blonde, and of a certain age, I'd been lead to believe that pale shades of pink were most appropriate. But then I see others who suggest more mature women should tone down the eye shadow and use a bolder lip color. Having tried both extremes, I'm inclined towards the latter. To my eyes, my thin lips virtually disappear completely with pale litsticks, while with somewhat brighter colors stand out and give my lips some definition. Right now, my favorite is a Clinique liner named "cocoa peach" and the lipstick called "golden brandy".

I don't know that this conveys my essense...except that by nature I'm something of a perfectionist (and not in a good way).

Sara Jessica
01-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Such a simple question Anne, posed in such an alluring way. :)

...and I shall continue my journey until I find the perfect lipstick, whatever it may be.

This is my favorite part of your comments. I am a believer in that everyone has a signature style. Everything from a woman's overall look to the shades she chooses in her makeup and nail color. Hair color/style and even something as simple as that perfect shade of nylon that goes best with her skin tone. These things (& many others) speak to the essence of what we convey to the outside world in our presentation.

When you feel like perfection is found, it can be difficult to deviate from that comfort zone. It's not a bad place to be. The comfort zone can feel very safe and secure. With makeup, it's a go-to look that can usually applied with our eyes closed shut. With nail color, you know that certain shades convey moods, both internal and the way others might see you.

What does your choice of lipstick say about you? Are you assuming, daring, forward, or perhaps cautious, timid, or humble? Are you neutral, shiny, matte, sparkly, lustrous, or glistening? Does your lipstick adequately convey your essence, or are you still searching for the perfect lip color?

Wow, loaded question given the choices that are given. I've gone bold, don't like it so much. My lips are huge and more often than not, too bold is just too much. But my signature choice is far from cautious or humble. It is "Desert Rose" by Bobbi Brown. I'm on my second tube as the first one was given to me for my birthday by my dear makeup artist friend Diana back in 2010. What does it say about me? She's not trying too hard. There is nothing I love more than a subtle lip and this one fits perfectly. And I also love a high glossy finish but I'm often too lazy to deal with that (as in having to reapply lipgloss more often than regular lipstick).

So yes, I feel like my go-to lip color does in fact convey my essence. My experimentation typically branches out into similar shades. I'm not averse to going bold if the event or my mood demands it but 85% of the time, color in this family is where I'm happiest.

PretzelGirl
01-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Maybe taking lip color to a broader sense. I prefer lip gloss for daily wear. There is shading within the gloss line and I do use some different ones depending on the outfit. Lip stick is something I save for dressier outfits. I don't have large lips, so I go with slightly darker reds to bring them out more. I do need to master lip liner some day...

Krista Doll
01-21-2012, 10:26 AM
being on the cheep side I buy wet & wild for only .99 cents ea. my fav. is #521 that dosen"t mean that they are not good as the wear very well and there are some other colors that are very nice.

Stephenie S
01-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Years ago someone told me that a lipstick I had gotten from my daughter in law was a very good color for me. I stuck with it. Even when they discontinued the color I went on line and bought five more tubes.

Now I no longer use lipstick at all, only lip liner, but the color is very close to that old Revlon color I got from my daughter in law so many ears ago.

What I DO remember is the taste of my lipstick back in high school. They made lipstick differently back then. It tasted differently (at least to me), and I loved it. It was probably some horrid chemical that they don't allow these days, huh?

Of all the cosmetics I used to use, lip color is the one thing I don't want to give up.

S

Andrea Renea
01-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I love Revlon ColorStay 285 Ravishing Rose.Smell and taste are also great.

Nicola2876
01-21-2012, 11:13 AM
I love my pink lipgloss. I am going to experiment with other colours tho. Sounds like fun x

JessicaM1985
01-21-2012, 11:49 AM
I love my darker colored lip gloss! (the one in my avatar)
I have a pink and glittery one too that I wear when I want to look slightly girly, but not overtly so. I also really like darker shades of lipstick, but I don't wear lipstick unless I'm wearing a party dress or something similar. It just strikes me as overdone if I'm wearing heavy makeup with casual wear...

Robyn2006
01-21-2012, 11:51 AM
For me, putting on lipstick has always been the very last step in my transformation. It is the one seminal, feminine thing I do that completely seals the deal… this always after all is in place, after all other makeup applied, breasts in place, hair just right, outfit adorned, etc. As far back as I can remember, it has always been a woman's wonderfully colored lips that spoke of the line between male and female. Of course, it's not, but the act of applying lipstick has become for me such a completely female thing to do that this sole action has become my line between my drab life and the one that's so much more desirable. I couldn't imagine myself feminine without lipstick, which, need I say?… I have scores.

Today, on this wonderful rainy and cozy Portland morning, with all else in place, its Mary Kay's Orange Crush as an undercoat (which is quite red, really) and Rimmel's intense wear Red Hot lipstick, which goes on so wonderfully and is such a fantastic transformational red. :kiss:

My current top lipsticks:
Estee Lauder Woodland Rose
Revlon Love that Red
Rimmel Red Hot
Dolce & Gabbana Scarlett

Robyn

Mrs Roads
01-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Very bright Rosy Red (Red Alert - see link)

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/crossdresser-makeup-luscious-lips.aspx

Debra Russell
01-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I have expermented but have settled on Lip Laquer 923. it goes for just about any time and any where for me - kind of a pinkish rose in colour....................Debra

Kathy4ever
01-21-2012, 05:06 PM
I use caramel color. I like a pinkish/red also.

Jennifer Marie P.
01-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Im a dark red girl and ocassionally a plum color.