PDA

View Full Version : FTM co-worker

Krististeph
01-21-2012, 12:44 AM
i worked with a FTM physical therapy worker a while back. I was not brave enough to broach the subject that I was mtf tg/cd, it was really not professionally appropriate, but when i did work in his area, I always liked working with him- i felt i had some idea of what he felt, albeit from a mirror image.

part of why i left the job was because of my coworkers attitudes to him, it was this thing everyone in the dept cut down. What assholes. no wonder that hospital also happened to be one of the worst rated in the greater metro area...

I love being able to support LGBT people at work now- college- safe areas.

just rambling... good memories.

Andy66
01-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I worked with a Transwoman a while back, but she left; and there is another one who works at a hair salon nearby. I love their company, they are very special people.

I was just thinking, I wonder how many people at my work are CD/Trans etc. and I don't know it? Maybe the people I would least suspect. :)

I do run across a few possible Transmen around town every once in a while, but like you say, it's pretty awkward to broach the subject. *Sigh*

Cristi
01-21-2012, 12:52 PM
I work IT at a bank. We hired an employee recently from another local bank. While getting to know her, we were chatting about her old job and she mentioned that the IT manager there was a pretty open crossdresser (though did not dress at work, it was just an open secret about his private life).

Her only reaction was 'he had better shoes than I do!'

I agree with your post re: colleges. While there are no colleges in the town we live in, we are pretty close to two big college towns. We love the general atmosphere of college communities and would never dream of moving somewhere where we did not have access to that kind of environment.

tistheman10
01-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Nice story keep them coming