PDA

View Full Version : I'm there!

JamieRog
01-22-2012, 07:59 PM
So yesterday I did my own makeup from start to finish, with no help from my wife, and with shaking hands, as I was so nervous before my first meeting at the Carolina Transgender Society.

Halfway through the meeting I left to go pick up my wife from work so we could both be there, and one of her co-workers who has seen me before saw me as a woman for the first time. She was baffled at first and then we began talking about the usual things (why I do it, why I do it, and also why I do it) and I asked her honest opinion of how I looked, and how close I was to appearing as a female. Her response was simply "You're there". Not sure if she was just being nice, but it sure felt good, and made me feel great about my own ability to apply makeup.

Nicola2876
01-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Wow that mustve felt great to hear. If I could get there then there is where Id stay x

Tracy Lynn
01-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Way to go Jamie :) That is so nice to hear.

Marleena
01-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Congrats on getting to your first support meeting, and being complimented too! It should be a lot easier from now on. :)

Annie D
01-24-2012, 07:41 AM
That's terrific! I'm glad that you had a chance to interact with someone from outside our circle of cd's. What was your wife's reaction to "coming out" to one of her co-workers and what did the woman say to your wife the next day at work? Did the co-worker spread the word about you? And finally, why do you do it?

JamieRog
01-24-2012, 12:46 PM
That's terrific! I'm glad that you had a chance to interact with someone from outside our circle of cd's. What was your wife's reaction to "coming out" to one of her co-workers and what did the woman say to your wife the next day at work? Did the co-worker spread the word about you? And finally, why do you do it?

Well, I showed up at the shift change, and only one person works this location at a time, and I was going to wait in the car but she said that she was perfectly comfortable with me coming in and wasn't ashamed of me. :') I think she was more worried about how I would feel about her co-worker's reaction. And I'm sure the word spread like wildfire as the establishment is a sweepstakes internet cafe and all of the patrons are regulars and know the employees by name. And several know me by name lol. Gossip is the nature of that place, but it doesn't bother me or her if everyone there knows. And I do it because it makes me feel like I'm finally breathing the right air. It's so refreshing to not feel like I'm suffocating anymore.

Daphne Renee
01-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Thats great.. I am glad you enjoyed it.

kimdl93
01-24-2012, 01:21 PM
I think its just great that your wife's co worker was open to talking withyou, and I think its safe to presume that she said what she meant. So you're entitled to feel good about it!