PDA

View Full Version : tips on acting like a woman

simon1982
01-23-2012, 01:55 PM
hi i recently started cross dressing and i love it but im very manly so need some tips on acting more like a woman ive been searching the net for videos and help and not found much videos would be of great help to me so any help would be nice thank u

NicoleScott
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
You mentioned videos. You might want to consider taking videos of yourself doing various things, like walking, talking, sitting, etc. Note your mannerisms. It will open your eyes. I thought I had a pretty feminine walk - until I saw my video.
Also, observe women in finer detail. You may get some clues. Yes, you've seen women all your life, but have you really studied their mannerisms?
Make small adjustments - and be careful not to overcompensate.

Krististeph
01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
First do lots of research, at least 3 times what you would normally consider adequate.

Then, practice posture! Fun and practical. Walk in the tallest heels you have until it starts to feel somewhat normal.

Also: As much as possible, sitting, standing, or reclining, keep your legs (knees actually) together. I know, doesn't sound that significant, but it is.
Do: the same things for your arms- as much as reasonable, keep your elbows to your sides, as if the were attached to your waist!

You can even improvise by gently wrapping your thighs together with plastic and tape.. Do not succumb to the urge to make it "just a little tighter"..

You can also make a loop around your waist with ribbon but with loops in either side: put your arms through the loops- they will keep your elbows low and near your waist. You'll really notice the feeling for awhile, but this is part of your training, recognize the feeling and compensate for it by consciously not pulling at the ribbon loops.

Sounds like bondage, but it is not. just get you familiar with the feeling.

Have fun!

Melissa Rose
01-23-2012, 03:43 PM
One thing that helps is to observe men and women together. Couples at the mall, restaurants, etc. are great observational sources. TV shows and movies are another place to see differences. A show like Friends is a good source because there are multiple characters that frequently interact. Pay more attention to the differences than just to what the woman is doing. This allows you to make adjustments to your current behaviors instead of trying to mimic the behaviors of women. As an example, I used to follow couples walking and mimicked her pace, foot placement and style. It also highlighted the difference between them. I also observed and listened in the women's restroom to get a feel for typical behavior and the "sounds, rhythm and timing" of peeing. Obviously, be discreet about observing so not to appear as a stalker or weirdo. It is easy to over exaggerate feminine movement so be conscious of not over doing it or become a caricature.

Denae Doyle has a set of DVDs on developing a feminine style. There are some very useful information in them. http://www.femimage.com/

Richelle423
01-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Hi Si! and welcome!I am new as well. I have been practicing in front of a mirror. keep your legs closer together when you walk and take smaller steps. posture is important too.
observe women when they walk in a mall or on the street. See how they sway their hips. maybe try to find something on Youtube eg. how to walk like a woman. Which is gonna be my next search.

DanaR
01-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I just did a Google search on "feminine deportment", here are the results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22feminine+deportment%22&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images

If you see something that looks good, let us know.

DanaR
01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
If you go to Youtube.com and search "image and deportment", there are some interesting videos there.

JC
01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Start off by asking your SO to help you. I mean to ask her to remind you to sit like a lady, to slow down walking, to stand up straight, to do what ever. My So did this to my daughter and she is capable to do this for me as well.

She also reminds me to use the lotion on my feet and legs.

jc

JohnH
01-23-2012, 07:48 PM
First do lots of research, at least 3 times what you would normally consider adequate.

Then, practice posture! Fun and practical. Walk in the tallest heels you have until it starts to feel somewhat normal.

Also: As much as possible, sitting, standing, or reclining, keep your legs (knees actually) together. I know, doesn't sound that significant, but it is.
Do: the same things for your arms- as much as reasonable, keep your elbows to your sides, as if the were attached to your waist!

You can even improvise by gently wrapping your thighs together with plastic and tape.. Do not succumb to the urge to make it "just a little tighter"..

You can also make a loop around your waist with ribbon but with loops in either side: put your arms through the loops- they will keep your elbows low and near your waist. You'll really notice the feeling for awhile, but this is part of your training, recognize the feeling and compensate for it by consciously not pulling at the ribbon loops.

Sounds like bondage, but it is not. just get you familiar with the feeling.

Have fun!

Sounds like my natural movements! About the only thing I do differently from a GG is to walk fast. I have no problems keeping my legs together when I sit with a skirt or dress.

Johanna (John)

Taylermade
01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
As many have said already, there are tons of videos out there to observe and learn from.
That is what I recommend or you may even watch yourself while you are out in public to scope out the mannerisms that females use.

jillleanne
01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
U Boob is full of them.

Crash course 101:

1. Avoid smoking Havana's in public.
2. Avoid spitting between your two front teeth whilst chewing CHUM tobacco wit 'da boys at the local ga-rage.
3. If ya gotta scratch or make adjustments down thar, front or rear, try to do so with some grace, especially on your first day on a new job..
4. Try to put the lipstick on your lips, not your teeth.
5. When out dining with friends, order something smaller than the " Loaded Burley Beast Burger and Rack 'o Ribs Platter".
6. If you gotta sneeze or cough in public, try pulling your lower lip up over you face so no one hears your soprano voice.
7. When you walk in those 6" stillettoes with a micro mini and cropped halter top at the mall, be sure to take smaller steps so people will have a better chance to admire your clothing choice and as an added bonus you will hear their comments much more clearly.
8. Always, always, carry a spare set of keys to your car and house in your bra. You will inevitably, forget your purse in the locked car.
9. When walking by a construction site, be sure to get the wiggle going. If you hear someone yell out, " Hubba Hubba!!!!! " , you'll know you got it right.
10 Finally, Remember when driving, the steering wheel is for steering the car, not to admire your fingernails and jewellry. I know, but try.

If you find these tips in Crash Course 101 helpful, and you would like to upgrade to Crash Course 201, send $ 11, 999.99 to.................

Ressie
01-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Funny Jilleanne haha! Even if I ever get the walk down, I don't know if I could eat like a woman. I've recently realized I really stuff my face... like a man! Take small infrequent bites, and be aware that your lipstick will come off if you're not careful. Using a napkin on your face could get lipstick smeared.

jillleanne
01-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Funny Jilleanne haha! Even if I ever get the walk down, I don't know if I could eat like a woman. I've recently realized I really stuff my face... like a man! Take small infrequent bites, and be aware that your lipstick will come off if you're not careful. Using a napkin on your face could get lipstick smeared.

I couldn't agree more. Women do not eat like men, generally. I think the most important thing for Simon1982 can do is just walk naturally with short steps and swing one arm with the hand turned outwards while walking.. The female torso is designed differently so we can never expect our bodies to move the same, particularly our backsides. It's all by design.

Kate Simmons
01-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Two books I know of will help. "How to look like a girl" by Kalina Isato and "The art and illusion of crossdressing" by JoAnn Roberts. The key is to just be yourself basically. Most of us tend to overblow it and go over the top trying to impersonate a woman in my opinion. A genetic woman becomes a woman by simply being herself.;):battingeyelashes::)