PDA

View Full Version : Guilt.

heathr1
10-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Do you ever feel guilty about your CDing?

I look back and feel it was extremely wrong of me to pick up someone elses lipstick and skirt as a teenager and wear them.

Cathy Anderson
10-28-2005, 12:40 PM
I look back and feel it was extremely wrong of me to pick up someone elses lipstick and skirt as a teenager and wear them.

Well, it was a bit selfish, sure. So maybe "wrong," but hardly "extremely wrong." Anyway that was a long time ago. There's nothing gained by worrying about something like that which happened a long time ago.

There's a difference between healthy "pangs" of conscience, which cause you to objectively re-examine current attitudes and behaviors, and morbid worries about the past. The latter serve no purpose and, in my opinion, really function to distract attention from more important matters.

Ellaine
10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Cathy :) Brave topic.....Do you feeling guilty about what you did years ago because of what it has led you to, and what you did was wrong?

I too like many have felt the guilt that comes from having the desire or compulsion that we do not understand, and society at large does not accept and labels as perverse. But, for what it's worth, just because the majority of society, or perhaps, the percieved majority condemns what we do, does not make it wrong, unatural or reason for remorse.
Some of us are harder on ourselves than others. Some are brainwashed into guilt from an early age. Blame and guilt are misplaced.

The very fact that so many experts have looked at the phenomenon, and come up empty, and ongoing studies are looking into brain development; convinces me that all TG issues are natural.

I wish you strength and freedom hon

Hugs Ellaine.

TGMarla
10-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I used to feel some guilt about it. There were times long ago that I would raid somebody else's closet to CD, but it was a long time ago. I'm well over it now. I don't feel the least tiny bit guilty about it anymore. I've long since resolved it within myself. You see, I feel that the problem with CDing is not within me, but in society at large. Since I cannot change the world, I just deal with it. Crossdressing is not a crime. It is not perverted. Nobody dies. No one is injured. When someone's feelings get hurt because of it, it is only because they are brainwashed by the society we live in to react to it as though it were wrong. But it's not. So I buried the guilt, and gee, I guess I forgot where.

Deborah
10-28-2005, 04:16 PM
^^ Agreed

Olesha
10-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Marla

100% agreement.

Olesha

Lauren_T
10-28-2005, 05:23 PM
For you, Marla: :rose: :thumbup: :^5: :yt:

Khriss
10-28-2005, 05:28 PM
- it's the "social stigma" ..now..perhaps..

melissacd
10-28-2005, 05:48 PM
My guilt is not so much over CDing these days but rather over keeping it hidden from my wife. I have felt too much pain over this in the past and through this forum I have come to better appreciate this important side of my personality. Now I just have to find a way to get my SO to appreciate it as well so that I can stop the skulking and be open and honest with her about it.

Huggs
Melissa

mchelle
10-28-2005, 08:49 PM
yes ive had some guilt. i borrowed. in college i borrowed some panties to wear. now i buy my on sometimes. but i feel guilty after i dress sometimes

Faye Emmette
10-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Decades ago I would feel guilt and shame, but baby that was years ago.
What Marla said was spot on. I've copied that to keep as it's so succinct.
:rolleyes: Guilt Schmilt.:rolleyes:

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-29-2005, 02:15 AM
You see, I feel that the problem with CDing is not within me, but in society at large. Since I cannot change the world, I just deal with it. Crossdressing is not a crime. It is not perverted.

Exactly, which is why I don't feel any guilt over it -- although admittedly I'm not out to my friends and family either.

Heather, as Cathy said, it's not unreasonable to feel guilty over borrowing someone's stuff without their permisson. But it was a long time ago and what's done is done. No point brooding about it. Better to focus on the present and future.

Shannon
10-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Ditto what Marla says!

Elinor
10-29-2005, 05:31 AM
I no longer feel guilty about crossdressing, I accept that I am a Janegirl and that I enjoy it to much to give it up. Yes its natural for me to wear a skirt.
It feels right and harms no one least of all me.
It gives me comfort and feels right.
I own those clothes I bought them for Elinor and she has the right to exist too.

I don't steel other peoples clothes never have.
No now I dress guilt free.

Just wish I could pass and go out or not be made to feel I am weired because I choose to wear a skirt.

Faye Emmette
10-29-2005, 07:26 AM
An expression I heard years ago.. One person's perversion is just another person's misunderstanding.

Falcor
10-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Do we feel guilty breathing?...No,because thats what we do,we dress to satisfy our femme persona, Hard to be profound this time of night

cathy b
10-29-2005, 09:26 AM
you are right on marla could,nt have said it better.:thumbsup:

Angela Burke
10-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Yes, I used to feel terrible guilt about wanting to dress as a girl.
I think most of you girls will empathise.
Am I insane?
Am I the only boy in the world who wants to wear a dress?
How can I tell my parents ?

Fortunately growing older does have its benifits.

I'm not insane.
I am not the only boy in the world who wants to wear a dress.
I was not able to tell my father about my crossdressing but my mother (of course, who else) was understanding.

Don't waste time being "guilty" for being yourself!

Love Angela XX

Wendy me
10-29-2005, 10:08 AM
yes and no see i did at one time .. you know hideing it and all but now i kinda in between like getting more comfy letting more of me out the bigest thing is with my wife ..she know abought it but dosen't realy know just how mutch i am "into" it yet but thats changeing ... see hidding things because i don't want to hurt or feek out the ones i love is not good for them as well not good for me....i mean it's something i do and a part of who i am ... so now i just think who am i fooling here?? it's nouthing to hide from ... it's nouthing to be asamed abought ... it's me .... the time is now to stop hidding it and let the people in my life i am close to and love know just what i have deen doing and be honest with them .... how thay will react and what happens from there who realy knows but if not now then when???

Vivian Best
10-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Do you ever feel guilty about your CDing?

I doubt there are any girls on this forum that haven't felt guilty about what we have done in the past with our dressing. There is an old saying "what's past is past". You can't change the past but you can change the future. I was wrong about wearing my mother's clothing when I was young but that was all I had available to me. I was wrong and so are you and probably neither of us can do anything about it now.

Vivian:rose2: