PDA

View Full Version : How to address a Transman

Mark/Rebecca
01-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I occasionally buy from FTM guys in the construction industry, typically in home improvement stores, and sometimes as customers and even renters. Usually I will say "hey guy" or "hey man" or buddy if it seems appropriate. I am a mtf cd, and believe it is a slap in the face to a pretty cd to be called sir instead of miss or maam, and even downright mean. Is being called maam or miss just as negative to you, and what is a good way to show support when addressing transmen?

mistunderstood
01-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Being Sir'ed is a great feeling it makes my day. Mam'ed is liked being crapped on. I Guess for me just being nice and sincere go's a long way. I do not mined questions but I know some guy's do. If you ask wait till know ones around to ask that way the person is not outed in front of others.
Thank you for the support.

Sammy777
01-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Is being called maam or miss just as negative to you,
and what is a good way to show support when addressing transmen?

It's sorta common sense.
How would you like it if you were miss'd or maam'd [while in drab] by another guy?

I would say treating them just like any other guy you meet in public.

Andy66
01-31-2012, 09:20 AM
I get Ma'med a lot, and even sometimes get called girl on this forum. *sigh* I try not to let it bother me, whatever. But when I'm treated like one of the guys it makes my day. Be careful though, because unfortunately some lesbians look a lot like transmen. Many will laugh it off if you Sir them, but it can be hard to tell who's who.