PDA

View Full Version : Hehe, Oops.

Violetgray
01-24-2012, 01:25 AM
O.k., so I have two housemates. One, owns the house, her name is Beth. The other, rends the converted apartment in the basement, her name is Anna. She recently got back from a trip to El Salvador. I made my youtube video (which is uploading as I type this) in the leftover part of the basement that isn't her apartment, thinking she was still in El Salvador and thus wouldn't be able to hear me. This video involved me raising my voice and such, while dressed as Violet.

So I go to catch the train to work this morning and I see Anna. We start talking while we rode the train. Beth, our other housemate is bipolar, and has made an effort to better herself, and part of that is medication that seems to be really making a difference. Before that she'd have fits of crying and must have been terrible for her. So I say to Anna, "Beth seems soo much better and happier now that she has new medication. I haven't heard her have one of her fits in months. Anna said,

"yeah, me neither and I can hear everything from where I am. Only thing is that last night I heard her yelling at like 12:00 midnight to 1:30. But other than that.."

but... yeah. Beth was sleeping. The woman she heard was me. Making my video. As Violet.

I hope this is a sign that my voice is improving!

jillleanne
01-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Either that or her hearing is failing. lol Let's hope you are right although either way, you win.

Courtney_Glenn
01-24-2012, 07:34 AM
I couldn't do a convincing Femme voice to save my life, which sucks because when I do go out, I pretty much have to be a mute. If you got it, awesome for you! :)

KaTanya
01-24-2012, 07:46 AM
Methinks thou hath been busted. You really should keep closer tabs on your housemates' schedules. (Hint: screaming sounds a bit different coming from upstairs.)

it seems Anna is at least trying to cool about it, but try not to push it too often. It's a good way to get relocated.

Violetgray
01-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Methinks thou hath been busted. You really should keep closer tabs on your housemates' schedules. (Hint: screaming sounds a bit different coming from upstairs.)

it seems Anna is at least trying to cool about it, but try not to push it too often. It's a good way to get relocated.

Oh, she would have told me, she's known about Violet for many months now.

KaTanya
01-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Oh, she would have told me, she's known about Violet for many months now.
i said "busted", not "outed". My point had nothing to do with dressing, just about being a good housemate.

Hope that clears it up :)

Violetgray
01-24-2012, 12:02 PM
i said "busted", not "outed". My point had nothing to do with dressing, just about being a good housemate.

Hope that clears it up :)

Hmm.. Now I'm MORE confused. If she had a problem with what I did, why tell me that she heard someone else doing it?

moondog
01-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Maybe it was her way of complimenting you without actually complimenting you.

Jilmac
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Being a low baritone by nature, the best I can do is soften my voice and speak a little quieter to sound more feminine.

Chickhe
01-24-2012, 11:24 PM
I watched your video and I say, your voice is perfect! Thanks for sharing the funny story.