PDA

View Full Version : A very funny thing happened while out today!

Longing2be-Trisha
01-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi All!:wave2:

Well on Friday I went and bought some clothes at rock bottom clearance prices due to the store closing its doors for good.:sad: I was dressed 50/50 (male/female) and the SA called me a lady, and mam repeatedly.:D I had no wig, no make-up, male jeans on, nails painted, lavender top, brown heeled boots and still get called out as female, which of coarse made me float on air. I bought 5 tops, 2 belts, and a floor length skirt for $23 all bran new what a find!

Today I drove down to the county office to get some paperwork and then to social services to see about help with utilities. When I was getting back into my van two ladies approach and ask if they can get a ride down to were social services told me to go! I said I was not going there right now, but would be glad to give them a ride there. They over heard me talking about my marrage heading toward divorce and I told them it is because of me being transgender. They laughed and said what is your husbands problem, maybe you should give him your parts so he knows how it feels. We started to laugh and I corrected them that I was m-f not f-m. They said no way really so I took my wig off and of coarse they loved the curly hair too. LOL!!:lol2:I am in heaven at this point that they thought I was a woman in transition to be a man. :c9:The older woman is the mom of the other woman and they want to get together again sometime to talk and hang out so we exchanged numbers.

So I will be couscous until I get to know them. I don't need any more problems in my life right know or in the future, other than the ones I have. I am praying by Friday my hormone prescription will be at the pharmacy!:praying:

Hugs:hugs:

JohnH
01-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Man, I really split a gut on that one. They thought you were a woman transitioning to be a man! Incredible!

John (Johanna)

stacycoral
01-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Trisha, see you should have been a woman, the ladies thought so, anyway fun read, hope everything works out with your new friends.

Diane Elizabeth
01-24-2012, 10:47 PM
And I am shocked! You took off yout hair to show them! You never showed me in all the times we were shopping. I wouldn't recognize you without the wig anyway. Lets keep that way, Hon. See ya soon.

Longing2be-Trisha
01-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Sorry Dee next time ok!

HUGS

Melody Moore
01-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Hahahaha! I have recently experienced something very similar myself after being at my local
lesbian group's all girls nights out events. Apparently some women in the local community have
been assuming that the butch looking lesbian women at our events are trans women, and the
real trans girls are being read as being cisgendered females. If only they really had a clue. :heehee:

Misskelly
01-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Oh that simply amazing what a great story

Kaitlyn Michele
01-25-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm happy for you that you experienced that..

Why did you take off your wig????? Was it just an reaction? I can't imagine when i was transitioning before my real hair grew that i would ever in a million years take it off??

arbon
01-25-2012, 09:17 AM
That is neat Trisha glad you are having those sweet moments when passing seems to come so easily it was a wonderful feeling

Julia_in_Pa
01-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Fantastic sister!!!

Sometimes everything just comes together. :)

Julia

Inna
01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Yey Trisha, I know the feeling of walking on air, I love what you had experienced, it will only get better from there on :)

Marleena
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
That's a great story Trish! It just reinforces that you're taking the right steps in your life.:) This is priceless!---> "They laughed and said what is your husbands problem, maybe you should give him your parts so he knows how it feels".

Longing2be-Trisha
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all your wonderfully nice replies. She called this morning and we talked for an hour. She thought I was a business woman the way I was dressed so professionally. That's how I dress everyday nice skirt and top or dress, nylons or tights, nice high heel boots. Attitude and how you dress say something to people!

Big HUGS!

RenneB
01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Sounds like you ended up with two finds. One for clothes and one for new friends....

Thanks for sharing.....

Renne.....

Shawnacdin
01-25-2012, 09:45 PM
So when are you guys getting together then? What store was going out of business are they still open?

Longing2be-Trisha
01-26-2012, 02:46 AM
Sorry sweety, but they are closed their doors for good.

Hugs