PDA

View Full Version : Passing

STACY B
01-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Well my question is for passing in everyday life ,,, Day time regular places ,, Walmart ,, grocery store ,, Maybe ladys clothing store ,, I think as far as getting by ,, Jeans an a top , But the only thing that always gets me is how far , Then ya got tits or no tits ?? Flats or sneakers ,, You can get away with almost being there but I like to push it ,, Maybe a little makeup ,, Dont want to be to crazy but still want to be fem ,, But not to butch where you are basicly a fem guy , Just want to go all the way but not jump off the edge does that make any sense ????

Karren H
01-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Passing I over rated, imho... And wearing jeans is not passing. Is trying to blend in. Also imho

Marlana
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I think you're right on with jeans and a top. Maybe a little blush. Why not bring the "girls" out for some outside time? After all, you're going out in jeans and a "top"...right? As for foot wear, look at the outfit and decide which looks better. From what I can see, most women wear shoes more than sneakers, so flats it is. Oh, and remember, no dirty ratty sneaker is going to help you pass.

RenneB
01-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Blending is all a matter of where and when you are. In walmart most of the carbon based units don't pass for good examples of either sex IMHO. To blend in there, I'd have to get a pair of mismatched sweats, flip flops and .... well you know. Almost anything goes at walmart. Grocery store, I blend in the best I can with jeans, turtleneck, flat heels, and light makeup. Of course, I don't leave home without forms, pads, etc... This allows me to generally 'pass' at 20 meters most of the humans that care to look my way. For me 'passing' is looking like a middleaged old lady with some style and heels and about 50 extra pounds...

I am what I am and just try to go with the flow....

Wear what makes you confident and then get out of the closet..

Renne...

STACY B
01-25-2012, 11:00 AM
The only thing is ?? Just say your in your town an you are kinda out but not all the way ,, Ya kinda want to be not so noticeable to people that know you real well ,, Thats why I was sayin its a real touchy subject ,,,, Cuz everybodys different an look different ,, Some are just larger than others ,, Thats what I mean is there a way to fit better an not cause so much attention to your self ???

Dont get me wrong I go out an shop an basicly do what I want . But mostly at womans stores AVENUE,, CATO,, maybe shoe stores ,, An mostly in the day time during the week less traffic ,, But Im just tryin to push it just a little farther so just wanting some does an donts maybe some of the girls had some killer insite maybe something I havent thought of ????

kimdl93
01-25-2012, 11:18 AM
That's not necessarily "passing". We'd be more successful and satisfied if we shoot for "blending in". What does that mean? Well, one can blend in with the crowd, and for a casual, disinterested observe - distance at least - be easily mistaken for a woman. Of course a more discerning observer may notice things - shoulders, walk, facial features or hands - any of which may be a give away. But even then, many people just won't look long enough or carefully enough to notice, a few of those who do may be a bit confused, and a few will read you...and not care.

Yesterday, for example, I went to the grocery store dressed very casually, in womens jeans, sandals, and a knit top (and wig, forms...etc etc). Not one person stopped to look....not an employee or a customer....not one. I was just another shopper as far as anyone was concerned. When I checked out the young man showed absolutely no recognition of the fact that I was a woman, despite the fact that I was at least as tall as he was (close to 6'5" in heels!).

Do I pass? No...but I blend in well enough that many people just don't notice. And that's all I can ask for.

STACY B
01-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Thats what Im talkin bout ,, Im almost there ,, I go an do some things but I pick my battles some days Im all for it an some days it like whats the use ,, If I could just get past the man part I think Ill be ok ,, Its just the man attack mode kicks in to fast when Im spotted an I react to fast ,, If I could calm down I could make it I think

kimdl93
01-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Stacy, the nerves do get better with each experience. Take your time, and if you're uncertain about your clothes or make up, get some advice. I found just watching other women to be very instructive. Look at what they wear to the mall or the grocery and try for something similar. (They aren't all wearing Tshirt and sweats!) And do go to MAC or Sephora for a make over. Its great fun, you'll be out there for the world to see, and entirely safe at the same time.

STACY B
01-25-2012, 11:43 AM
my wife is my biggest credic ??? guess thats how you spell it sorry ,, But if I look crazy she aint goin ,,, But if she gets in the car I know I look OK ,, But ya know she probily gets tired of ,,, Hey what ya think or how do I look ??? An she does help alot but I know she has her own thing to ,, She has to get ready an look nice ,, But I tell all you girl that are married one thing an ya betta listen UP if you end up looking better than your wife yull know cuz she will tell you by the look on her face an watch out cuz the gloves are gonna come off now little girl !!!!!

Lorileah
01-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Notice how the ones with the most posts are on the same page.

You will never pass, you may blend in but you will never pass unless you are very fem to start with. Flats, sneakers, heels stilts,...don't matter. Wearing sweats at he gym and Wal-mart...OK. Wearing sweats at a cotillion, probably now a good idea.

Here is the bottom line. Like Karren says Passing is overrated (you need a running game too). When you are out and about it is all perspective. You should not expect to be taken as a woman. You won't be. Your shoulders are wide, your jaw is square. your brows are thick and lower.

Everyone has an agenda. As long as you don't interfere with that agenda no one cares. So as long as you don't do something to get noticed, you wear what you want.

STACY B
01-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Yea Ill take that ,, I kinda figured that but you can still dream !!! Maybe Ill get as close as I can to looking somewhat presentable ,,Ihave came along way from what I started with Im still learning thats why Im humbled by all the exspearences of you the pioneers of this . Trust me after I posted the PASSING I THOUGHT UK,, OH,, maybe I should have refrazed it to BLENDING ??? Thats all I want is to kinda sorta be left to my own thing ,,, But its still hard to get pass the ATTACK MODE ,, Imeen its breed into ya ,,, When someone says ""::":": Ya just ATTACK automaticly so thats where Im at .

TatianaJames
01-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Not trying to sound conceited in any way BUT (after all Ive experienced being out as Tatiana) I think "passing" should be used when you are able to walk/talk/look/act feminine after much practice and get out more than 10 times and always being called "mam" or "sweetie" or "young lady" and get random men hold the door open for you. :battingeyelashes:
Every one of us is different so some of us have to be concerned with blending in only if you realize you cant quite exactly pass. If you see you can pass then you'll know you can and if not then just try to blend in. Just my 2 cents. :)