PDA

View Full Version : too much dressing, lol

karenlong
01-25-2012, 08:46 PM
has any cd out there ever got to dress all they want to? and do you think its possible to do it too much?

Julie Hall
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
In my opinion, there could never be too much dressing. I change when I get home from work each day and add makeup. Weekends I am dressed 75% of the time. The caveat is I stay home almost all the time.

Julie

JamieRog
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
That might depend on the dresser. Personally I would love being Jamie 100% of the time, though I know others who arent so deep down the pink rabbit hole that might think more than a few hours at a time would be too much for them.

Karren H
01-25-2012, 09:03 PM
I've ODed before. Going full time for 2 or 3 days straight... Out and abouy... It's a lot of hard work trying to look good and I think I just get lazy...

karenlong
01-25-2012, 09:03 PM
i would like to see if i could dress too much, i have always wondered if i would get tired of it or not, i might get to do total once a month or less, so i have no frame of reference

RenneB
01-25-2012, 09:37 PM
It starts to get to be a routine. I get the chance to put on the supergirl outfit every week day for about 6 hours a day. I've got my outfit, hair and makeup planned for the next day as well as where I'm going and who or what I'll see....mostly.....subject to mood changes after first outfit look in the mirror... LOL..

I don't think I'd OD, 'cause it's what I really want to do. The line between CDng and taking the next step to TS is gettin blurry. I still have a lot to sort out, but so far it's working for me...

Renne.....

PrettyTranny
01-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Yes I get to dress all I want to and it is still not too much. I don't like to go out in public in guy mode and that is difficult to do because the only guy clothes I have are workout clothes.

I would love to see more of you gals out in public backing me up! Walk down a crowded mall sometime, everyone should take a picture, it'd last longer.

Jaime

eluuzion
01-25-2012, 09:47 PM
If a little bit is good…is a lot always better? Not necessarily. There are a lot of dead drug addicts that applied that logic.

I live alone, I’m self-employed (1 employee = ME) and my office is in my house. Yes, I can dress as much as my heart desires and do almost daily.

Remember when you were a kid and wished you had enough money to buy everything in the candy store? Then you get older and have enough money to do so if you wanted to…only to realize much of the air escaped from that balloon of desire? It is kind of like that…as it is with most things in life. :)

As Karren mentioned…sometimes it is just a motivation factor. If I know I am going out for a meeting, etc…it is a hassle to dress/undress/dress/undress back-n-forth. So I might postpone it until I am finished with my outside business…or totally blow it off for that day.

Its like new relationships. You wish you could be together 24/7 the first six weeks. Then when you move in together…the drive begins to just mesh with everyday routines. It is still pleasurable, but the objective mellows to a steady fire in the fireplace now, instead of burning the house down…:heehee:
:love:

karenlong
01-25-2012, 09:58 PM
very insightful, Eluuzion, i would probably agree if i had actually got to do it on a daily basis, like you said as with most things in life, when we actually get it, its gets to be just a common place and looses some of the zeal, maybe one day ill find out about dressing.

Allisa
01-25-2012, 10:26 PM
See my thread I just posted titled Lost that lovely feeling.
Lisa.

Ava Tryptyk
01-25-2012, 10:38 PM
There's no written rule about it, but I would say that if you start neglecting other activities/commitments in your life due to your dressing, then you might want to tone it down (or somehow incorporate the dressing into your daily routine, like underdressing, if that is viable to you.)

BillieJoEllen
01-25-2012, 11:16 PM
The few times I've been able to CD for a longer period of time I've found that instead of slowing down or stopping I want to do this much, much more. I've never gotten lazy during those times and never consider it to be 'hard work'.

Jenniferathome
01-25-2012, 11:20 PM
The change I have noticed is that the "excitement" of getting dressed andbeingdressed is replaced with a wave of calm from start to finish. The act of dressing used to to be more powerful than being dressed. Now it's reversed.

Teri Ray
01-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Yes Dorthy (quoted from wizard of oz) it is possible to overdose on crossdressing. Symtoms include desire to burp, a nagging urge to wear the same cotton underware for several days and inability to sit when urinating. If you experience these symptoms when dressing the remedy should be: Shower, shave, drink green tea, sleep for a minimum of 8 hours followed by a shopping trip to Macy's, Penny's or Dress Barn. Call you doctor if your symptoms of dressing overdose last greater than 4 hours.

karenlong
01-26-2012, 07:56 AM
love this answer Teri lol

kimdl93
01-26-2012, 09:36 AM
I dress pretty near full time - and its almost enough ;)

KrystalA
01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
I get to dress as much as I want. My SO loves it and she encourages me. I doubt if there is such a thing as dressing too much.

Katie83
01-26-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't think there is such a thing as too much dressing. I've not had the opportunity to dresd for several days at a time but would like to. I do like the idea of being full time although thats unlikely to happen.
Katie

docrobbysherry
01-26-2012, 11:12 AM
After the last SCC, dressing day and nite for nearly a week, I had a difficult time even looking at Sherry's things long enuff to unpack! :straightface:

As for dressing again? No desire for over a month!:brolleyes:

NicoleScott
01-26-2012, 12:31 PM
When single and living alone, I could dress all I wanted to, but not to work. I transformed on average 3-4 times a week. It seems that that frequency was right for me.

WsprsOnTheWind
01-26-2012, 12:56 PM
I can understand feeling as if you are one gender trapped in the body of the wrong gender and wanting to dress/live as the gender you know you are inside. What I don't understand is wanting to be one gender and just dress as the other all the time. It seems to me that to want to always dress as the opposite gender would really be the desire to be that gender. Could.it be that many who say they want to dress more really want to transition but are just in denial? Of course being genetic female I am unable to grasp the concept of any of it firsthand

JaniceP
01-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Gotta say, it depends on your availabilty to dress. In the event you can dress every day, you may find it alot harder to be as Girly as you would like over a period of time.
I just go wild wearing a pretty FEMININE dress or skirt and blouse with cute pastel lingerie.

The thing is, I can only do this 3-4 times a week for about 9 hours a day. If I were to be totally dressed, every day, I just might say that a Girdle is too much, I don't want to wear Stockings, skirts and dresses are Wonderful, But, boy attire is more practical now.
Right now, I can't think of anything that would convince me that wearing my control, hip and butt panty, under my Girdle along with Stockings attached to the garters of my Girdle, that I would change. I totally go along with the Tucking under method. I see some of you Girls not tucking, but putting everything up front! Can't agree, tucking WAY back helps with the FEMININE hip sway as we walk as well as provides an really smooth Girly front.
HEY-----Gotta have some discomfort to be pretty.
Girls, at times boy briefs under relaxed jeans or shorts, with your maleness not TUCKED, can be a relief.

NicoleScott
01-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Could.it be that many who say they want to dress more really want to transition but are just in denial? .

Not at all. Many, many of us like being guys, and love to transform as much as possible. Sometimes, what's possible isn't enough for the desire and leave us wanting more. But for others, you might be right.

Alice Torn
01-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Like anything, it can become something that takes over everything, and can block out other important things. I sometimes go a few weeks without it, but, with the cold weather, I have been wearing tights to bed almost every night. I think about it every day, though, but, have many heavy issues in my life lately, and sometimes am too depressed to dress.

Cheryl T
01-26-2012, 04:08 PM
has any cd out there ever got to dress all they want to? and do you think its possible to do it too much?

My wife accepts me and I dress nearly every day. In October we took a "girls only" vacation together and the week went by so very fast. For me I don't think there is "too much".

WsprsOnTheWind
01-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Nicole, I understand what you are saying but the ones who are saying they want to dress all the time aren't saying they like being guys. They aren't saying they don't, they just aren't saying they are. So, my question was mainly to those who seem to want to be in fem mode constantly.

kimdl93
01-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I can understand feeling as if you are one gender trapped in the body of the wrong gender and wanting to dress/live as the gender you know you are inside. What I don't understand is wanting to be one gender and just dress as the other all the time. It seems to me that to want to always dress as the opposite gender would really be the desire to be that gender. Could.it be that many who say they want to dress more really want to transition but are just in denial? Of course being genetic female I am unable to grasp the concept of any of it firsthand

I'm not sure I can fully explain it, but I do prefer to dress as a woman pretty much full time. Is that a desire to "be" a woman...yes, I suppose it is. I don't have an aspiration to transition completely (at least not right now - ask me in 2 years ;) ) primarily because there remain some parts of my life that simply are easier to navigate as a male.

ArleneRaquel
01-26-2012, 05:21 PM
IMHO There is no such thing as dressing too much. But being retired and a widower makes being 24/7 very easy.

karenlong
01-26-2012, 09:29 PM
thank you all for the response, i hope all of you get to as much as you want to,

BLUE ORCHID
01-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Hi Karen Some times I'm just too tired to dress like tonite here I set in a pair
of men's old jeans with a wornout knee and an old flannel shirt bedroom slippers.

WsprsOnTheWind
01-27-2012, 07:50 AM
IMO, too much would be when you have pushed the CD concept on your SO to the point that they no longer want anything to do with it and it's ruining your relationship. We all have to live life in moderation and don't always get to do things we enjoy as much as we enjoy them. I would love to read more book and have more time to spend with my family doing the important things in life that actually mean something but life don't end just b/c I can't.

Aprilrain
01-27-2012, 09:19 AM
The line between CDng and taking the next step to TS is gettin blurry. I still have a lot to sort out, but so far it's working for me...

I don't think there is a line to cross you either are TS or you're not. I don't believe there is a slippery slope of ever increasing pink fog until one slides right into transsexualism. That is not to say some TSes don't go from apparent CD to TS but they were always TS they just weren't willing to admit it yet.

As for full time "dressing", woman (including myself) do this everyday so what are you really asking? if getting dressed to the nines would get old? or if wearing something appropriate for the occasion would get old or if that would even interest you?
For instance I'm "dressed" right now, T shirt and sweats, no bra. eventually i need to go run some errands, I'll probably wear jeans and a T shirt, heck I might even put a bra on! I can tell you from personal experience that what gets old is the constant battle against the beast of maleness. Take away the T and it gets easier but facial hair is tenacious T or no T and requires a nuclear power plant worth of electricity to completely zap away forever, UGH! i HATE facial hair! If you have even a normally masculine face and normally masculine haircut the need for tons of makeup and a wig get old pretty fast. You see GMs are at a considerable disadvantage compared to GGs when it comes to presenting as a woman. I don't know a single GG who has to shave her legs every other day which is what I had to do before the hormones otherwise id look like a werewolf within 3 days! Even on hormones I'd still have to shave twice a week, laser took care of that!

Wspers: Sweetie, don't try to "get it" you can choose to accept that CDing is a normal part of the human experience or you can choose not to, whats to get? you could drive yourself nuts trying to understand. I'm sure most people can't fathom why I'd want to transition. Psychiatry has come up with a million plausible "reasons" why TSes exist from hormone wash in utero to "daddy didn't treat me right" but none of that helps me in the slightest. at some point wether one is TS or CD that person has to accept the inevitability of the situation and find ways to deal with it. I had to stop asking why and start asking how, perhaps it is the same for GGs who love a CD, if you want to be with that person. I do have some experience with this. My BF is a CDer, I encourage him to dress when ever he wants but I just don't want to be a part of it, IDK I guess I just don't want to see my man dressed up like a girl. It works both ways, I'm sure he'd lose interest in me if I cut my hair and started acting like a guy.

NicoleScott
01-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Wsprs, I have no disagreement with what you said. The OP didn't say she wanted to be full-time, only asked if we get to dress as much as we desire. I answered from the point of view of part-timers and those who like their guy mode but may not get to dress as much as they'd like to. For me, at one time in my life I did, and now I don't.

WsprsOnTheWind
01-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Nicole, that's very true but realistically do any of us get to spend as much time as we want doing the things we would love to do? I know I sure don't. I am not convinced that some CD's like their "guy mode" at all and want to be dressed all the time. Sometimes I don't like the "wife, mother, responsible, worker, daughter" mode either but all of those things are who I am and I can't be one specific mode all the time. We all have to keep things in moderation even though we might want to do things more than opportunity allows.

stacycoral
01-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes Dorthy (quoted from wizard of oz) it is possible to overdose on crossdressing. Symtoms include desire to burp, a nagging urge to wear the same cotton underware for several days and inability to sit when urinating. If you experience these symptoms when dressing the remedy should be: Shower, shave, drink green tea, sleep for a minimum of 8 hours followed by a shopping trip to Macy's, Penny's or Dress Barn. Call you doctor if your symptoms of dressing overdose last greater than 4 hours.
Teri your too funny girl, i would say no and never. But that is just me Byeee

ReineD
01-28-2012, 12:10 PM

It depends. How much is too much? Full time?

It's a complex answer, and there are three different scenarios (IMO):

If you (or any other CDer) cannot get enough feminine expression time, then you need to determine whether it is fetish based, or if you are transsexual and you do identify as a member of the opposite sex. I dare say that some fetish based CDers (even if the fetish expression does not always result in auto-eroticism) will convince themselves they identify as the opposite gender, simply because this is how it feels when one is wrapped up in it all and also it is difficult to come to terms with having a compulsion.

That said, if you are transsexual, then nothing short of living full time in your preferred gender will be enough even if it takes awhile to get there.

If you are not transsexual, but rather a fetish CDer, it will still feel as if no amount of dressing is enough depending on the severity of your compulsion and you may also come to wish for primary and secondary sexual characteristics in order to enhance your feminine expression. But, you will need to consider your life circumstances and not jeopardize relationships, family, and jobs. This is a difficult balancing act, the compromises will vary depending on the individuals and their life circumstances, and most importantly, in order to be successful you will need to have an ability for rigorous self-honesty and accurate self-assessment ... which is difficult for people who are caught up in compulsions.

OR, there is a third scenario: you will determine that you do fall somewhere in between the gender binary. If the CDing is not fetish based and you are not a transsexual, in my opinion (judging by my SO's experience and other members here), you will recognize internally both masculine and feminine traits that are present all the time, and you will want to express both even if alternatively and maintain a balance, just as much for your own internal needs as to not compromise external factors such as jobs and relationships. You would not want one gender to take over since this would not reflect who you are, and so you would not feel as if the dressing is never enough. It might take an effort to maintain a balance at first while you are catching up your femme side to your guy side, since I believe the pink fog hits just about everyone as they learn to deal with this. But, the internal balance will be easier to maintain than if you are a severely fetish CDer or a transsexual, in which latter case there is no need for internal balance. A transsexual needs to plan for eventual transition.

IMO.

suchacutie
01-28-2012, 03:51 PM
It all comes down to responsibility first. My work is a part of my male self and my family needs my income so that priority is clear.

I have many things in life that interest me greatly and I could easily become irresponsible with any of them, spending much too much time with them and shirking the necessities and commitments I have in life. If I were to give myself over to any of these obsessions, my life would suffer greatly.

I love my time as Tina, but there must be a balance in my life, and as things stand now it would not be reasonable for Tina to rule my life, so there very much could be too much Tina-time if I were to give into those desires.

DanaR
01-28-2012, 04:40 PM
I've ODed before. Going full time for 2 or 3 days straight... Out and abouy... It's a lot of hard work trying to look good and I think I just get lazy...
This has happened to me a few times, when at a TG convention. Then I started to get more used to it. I suppose, after a while you spend less time getting ready so it doesn't take as much work to get ready; which is what I've experienced.

Stephanie47
01-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi Karen Some times I'm just too tired to dress like tonite here I set in a pair
of men's old jeans with a wornout knee and an old flannel shirt bedroom slippers.

I'm with you on this one. Sometimes the mind wants to revert to the inner male slob who shares the mind with Stephanie. Personally, I get absolutely no satisfaction dressing unless I'm at least wearing all appropriate undergarments, slip, heels and wig. That's everything but a dress. Since I have retired I do not have to go through the angst of beating my head against the wall thinking of the next time I can be en femme.

I find many great things about expressing the man within. I also realize there are times when engaging in activities my crossing dress would make others uncomfortable and therefore probably make me uncomfortable. The reason I dress is for stress relief. I will not engage in stressful activities-be it en femme or en homme.

franlee
01-28-2012, 05:19 PM
1)Not me! and 2)I only wish!

WsprsOnTheWind
01-28-2012, 05:40 PM
I also don't really understand how you can want to dress 24/7 and not be even suspicious that you are TS. But if it makes you happy (and doesn't make anyone else UNhappy) then why not.

My thoughts exactly!

Miranda G
01-29-2012, 07:50 PM
I think my desire to dress 24/7 stems from the many years I wasted on denial and trying to suppress it. Fortunately I'm single and live alone so only have to wear male clobber at work or when I go out; rest of the time I can just be me.

t-girlxsophie
01-30-2012, 12:53 AM
I can dress a whole lot in the average week,but not all I want to,I have restrictions through work etc that i'm fine with,and of course I do have slob man days.I love dressing and I am still experiencing new and fun things to do,long may it continue god willing.

Sophie

karenlong
01-30-2012, 11:07 PM
considering that 8 hours a day, at work i dress in what society says are mens clothes, and then there is 8 hours of sleep, part time im in a gown, most time not, then after work going to get supplies and such, and the rest of life, leaves sometimes 3 hours, two or three times a week to put on something, dont really think that is too much, just because i might have on something underneath so called mens clothes is not dressing, at least to me

5150 Girl
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM

Actually, some of us are "full time"... 24/7 - 365