PDA

View Full Version : truly want help from you all

karenlong
01-25-2012, 11:00 PM
I want to fid a better wig and style for me, i think this one makes me look older than i am,. i asking for help please, i like shorter wigs as to me they make me look younger, so i am asking for real opinions after looking at my photo, what type color and style wig do you think would help me look better?

NathalieX66
01-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Do not be afraid to find a good,and reputable wig store. TG people often make up the bulk of their sales, they just want your money. That being said, go and find someone that has very helpful staff. If you get any flak from a sales person, try another place.

JessHaust
01-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Nathalie is right, you really can't beat a pro. Trying on variuos styles until you find the right look.
That said, I would suggest not counting out a longer wig. I always associate the shorter hair styles with older women.

karenlong
01-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the help, i do have a straight longer one, ill take a photo or 2 and post them

Julogden
01-25-2012, 11:45 PM
If you go to taaz.com (http://www.taaz.com/), you can try different hairstyles on a photo of yourself to see what looks good, might be something you'd enjoy trying.

Carol

karenlong
01-26-2012, 07:55 AM
thanks thats a great idea, didnt know there was such a place

Karren H
01-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Hrd to tell from your photo but short hair is so in and so stylish! I think "we" try to hide behind longer hair too much where as short hair looks way more fem! I frequent local shops just to try on different styles before I buy...

Stephenie S
01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Find a good wig store (salon) and use them. Honest. They know what they are doing and can help you immeasurably. You will NEVER regret good hair advice. Also, don't ignore your hairdresser. Ask for his/her advice. Hair people do this stuff for a living. Use them.

Too "scared" to walk into a wig salon? Try http://www.wiggoddess.com/community.html Clare has been a good friend to the community for 15 years. She is talented, discrete, economical, and quick. Give her a try.

S

docrobbysherry
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Post some closeups, Karen. Showing just your top half. U can post up to 5 at a time. Either here, or in the Pictures Forum. Can't see u in your avatar well enuff.

swiss_susan
01-26-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree the best way to go is go into a store and try a few until you find what you like. Also you are unlikley I think to get a bad reaction from staff in a wig shop. :)

StephanieDragg
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
all I can say is that when you find one you absolutely adore,..... buy 2 or 3 of them

karenlong
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
thank you all for the advice, ill use it

karenlong
01-26-2012, 11:42 PM
julogden, wet to raz, that was fun, found a couple prospect looks, now to find a wig shop to go visit, thanks

kimdl93
01-27-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm simply going to echo what has already been said. Go to a good wig shop and they will give you all the help and guidance you need to select the wig or wigs that are most complementary. And they are more than happy to let you try on any number of styles before you chose one.