PDA

View Full Version : Are you comfortable with cd'ing label?

emmicd
10-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Now that you know you like to wear a dress on occasion and you're not alone,

Are you comfortable with the label of crossdresser?

When you have the opportunity to dress and you look at yourself in the mirror wearing a dress Do you say OK! I'm a crossdresser but I'm a great guy and a great family man and I am very reliable and dependable and that is what matters most!

That's what I feel.

What do you feel?

emmi

Lauren_T
10-28-2005, 09:31 PM

When you have the opportunity to dress and you look at yourself in the mirror wearing a dress Do you say OK! I'm a crossdresser but I'm a great guy and a great family man and I am very reliable and dependable and that is what matters most!

That's what I feel.

What do you feel?

emmiThat one little word I highlighted there makes a world of difference, Emmi!

To say "I am a CD, but I am positive thing 1, positive thing 2, & cetera" implies that being a CD is not a positive thing. It smacks of being an apology, an excuse or a rationalisation.

I could very well be wrong, but I believe many, if not most, of us would prefer "I am a CD, and I am also positive thing 1..."

Ectually, mebbe I should keep my piehole shut, as I'm an androgyne, not a CD... :eek: :p

andreaboots
10-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey gal! You are what you are, a Cd'er, and much more and nothing less and it's ok, don't doubt yourself nor make apologies either. I had to learn that too, I'm very ok with it now and I'm the happiest I've ever been. The sisters here in these forums are totally awesome in support and advice! Speak you heart and you will learn a lot, I do!!!! Love ya! XXX:thumbsup:

Faye Emmette
10-28-2005, 10:41 PM
When I've been with a large group of 'motorcycle enthusiasts', I've been known as a bikie.
When at work, I was an analyst.
Who cares what I am called, as long as it's not criminal or prisoner or bad things..
I know who I am and I'm happy that way.:twirl:

DonnaT
10-28-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm comfortable with myself and what I do. If i need to use a label to help others understand, then CD, TV or TG are all equally fine with me.

Shannon
10-29-2005, 03:12 AM
I'm a CrossDresser. I like spelling it out (with caps) rather than using CD. Lately, and probably because of being her with all you gals, I'm becoming more than comfortable with being a CrossDresser -- its almost like I'm becoming proud of it.

"Say it loud. I CrossDress and I'm proud"

jessica33
10-29-2005, 03:37 AM
You bet I am comfortable with this label . There is nothing to be hide or to be ashamed of it .I like to wear female clothes and present myself as such . I am proud to be a crossdresser .

Toni
10-29-2005, 03:47 AM
Hi Ladies,
I'm really comfortable with the fact that I am a Crossdresser but , what I am not comfortable with is the word - I HATE it. It makes me think "Angry Wardrobe" so I much prefer Transvestite. I also have a thing about T-girls and TGs, I don't know why I just do.

Kimberly
10-29-2005, 04:28 AM
What do you feel?
I feel...

erm...

Like a woman. Kinda... like I'm my real self. I feel complete and also feel great for expressing my feminine side.

The whole "I am a Crossdresser" thing is just a label for others to understand who I am, and what I stand for. Strangely enough, when I crossdress I don't really distinguish between girl's clothes and boys clothes -- I don't conciously think, 'my god, I'm wearing a dress made for a WOMAN!', I tend to think, 'This dress is beautiful.'

Hope I made sense. ;)

Elinor
10-29-2005, 05:25 AM
I prefer to be a JANEGIRL myself.
Hi Ladies,
I'm really comfortable with the fact that I am a Crossdresser but , what I am not comfortable with is the word - I HATE it. It makes me think "Angry Wardrobe" so I much prefer Transvestite. I also have a thing about T-girls and TGs, I don't know why I just do.

Phillis
10-29-2005, 05:37 AM
I love being a cross dresser. I have been doing it since I was about five years old. I use to have to hide and cross dress, but now that I am older I can stay dressed in my house as long as I want to. I have no shame in cross dressing. As for the label, I don't think that there is anything wrong with it. It is what I am and will always be. I am more comfortable dressed as a woman that as a man. A very few people know that I cross dress and some of them were surprised at the fact but have said nothing about it. Some may like to use the term transvestite or transsexual, but I do not mind the term cross dresser, because that is what I am.

Falcor
10-29-2005, 06:39 AM
I am an unusual looking man,so I dont mind looking in the mirror and seeing an unusual looking woman Being a CDer is a perfect state for me as it is the only time I'm completely honest with myself. We are girls at heart and thats it,NO buts no if's,the only time we can relax is when we are dressed to the nines,so being a crossdresser is the best ever thing just twinle as though you don't care. And if you don't I'll come along and pull your panties down.......xxxx.. FALCOR.

melissacd
10-29-2005, 06:44 AM
There was a time when I felt guilty, ashamed, wished that I could push this part of me aside. Now, especially because of the support I have found in this forum, I am recognizing, accepting and embracing this wonderful part of myself and I love the label Cross Dresser. It is who and what I am.

Faye Emmette
10-29-2005, 06:59 AM
When younger, I was a Transvestite and it was a nasty word to me as I felt guilt then. As I grew out of this I loved the term. Crossdress is a more modern term I think, which means the same thing, so either way, I am proud.
And I like what Toni said about "Angry wardrobe". :)
By the way Toni, like our bridge in Sydney? It's a copy of yours.

Deanna Ashlee
10-29-2005, 07:29 AM
:thumbsup: I am certainly a lot more comfortable than I was, with my " crossdresser" label. I guess I still have my "demons' to overcome every now and then, but as each day goes by I accept me for who I am and I am happy for me.

Megan G
10-29-2005, 07:39 AM
I have just come to terms recently with being a CrossDresser after many years od denial. The label it self does not bother me, I just had some demons from within to get rid of.

Cathy Anderson
10-29-2005, 07:58 AM
Definitely not. Crossdressing is a behavior, not a defining quality.

If someone call you a "crossdresser," they start inferring all kinds of extra qualities that might apply to other crossdressers but don't apply to you.

The same can happen if you call yourself a crossdresser. You tend to identify with other people who call themselves crossdressers, even when you are essentially unique and different.

Jonien
10-29-2005, 08:09 AM
While I sitting here waiting for my nails to dry, and reading this post on labels now I thinking "who am I" do I need to put a label on me well maybe I do...
So am I a CD TG TS. well actually I'm me, a GIRL OK, with maybe that little bit extra, Like any other unwanted growth that would be normal to surgically removed

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_8_14.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL)

cathy b
10-29-2005, 08:23 AM
i love crossdressingand could care less what they call us because thats all they are is words.

hugs all

Sarahgurl371
10-29-2005, 08:51 AM
The more comfortable I have become with myself, the more comfortable I have become with the term Crossdresser. I know often find that references made to it funny, or comical. I amtalking about the commercial use of the word and our lifestyle. It seems that one cannot turn on the TV these days and not see a refernce to CDing in a sitcom, movie, or commercial. Sometimes these are negative comments, sometimes they are just noise. Either way, I used to get very defensive, and even angry at how it was presented. Now I just kinda smile. I guess I have started to develope a sense of humor about myself, which was a piece of advice put forth by Peggy Rudd in one of her books. BTW it is a very difficult thing to do, but I think it is a natural thing when progressing towards self acceptance. So I find that I mind being labled "crossdresser" less and less each day.

Secondly, I love to see MYSELF in the mirror when dressed. I do not see a crossdresser, I see ME. And I am beginning to love seeing myself. I can see myself now when totally en drab, all I have to do is look into my eyes. Accpetance is proving to be a wonderful thing! I wish I had found this forum many years ago! Plus my typing skills are improving as well!!!!!!

TGMarla
10-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Wow, there have been many ideas exchanged here that really resonate with me. First of all, I guess I'm okay with the term "CrossDresser", because the world needs words to describe even things they do not understand. So if society must call us names, that one is not offensive to me. Like Cathy, I do not like the fact that any such terms come with an automatic set of baggage. But there is little we can do about it. As long as our behavior is misunderstood and seen as wierd and perverted by the general populace, it is going to have that baggage. Like Trish, I had some demons at one time to expel. They are for the most part gone now. I think Lauren is splitting hairs with the "and" instead of "but". I don't think that Emmi meant it as anything bad, but I also see where Lauren is coming from. And to echo many of the sentiments here, I am what I am, and if one wants to label it, well, they're just words, and I won't allow them to hurt. I love dressing as a woman and presenting myself as a female. I am not overly ashamed of it. It is what it is. I am not the one making it into a bad thing, so I do not feel any guilt about it.

Call it what you will. :cool:

Wendy me
10-29-2005, 09:13 AM
ok lables ... something people like to give outhers so we can all see who is who ...oh your this lable ok your like me so your ok oh that person is a .... wow frigen freek glade i am not one of them .... see ok call me what ever you or who ever wants to call me it's ok ... i never realy fit into just one lable so ...thats ok and for a long time i was worendering who or what the hell i was ... lets see i am a .... well i also am a... and then sometimes i ... dame what am i ??? what lable do i give my selfe ??? the hell with the outher people want to call me .... what the hell do i call my selfe??... am i a cd??
am i a father who cd's .... am i a biker who is a father who cd's ??? see way to mutch to put together ... after a little while ( over 40 years) i have come up with this .... all of them silly lables let someone else worry abought them i simply can't be borthed with them ... as i probly said here a bought a thousand times ... i am happy and that soooooooo works for me.... but look if you ever figger out the right lable for me ... let me know .... but for now happy works...............

tifftg
10-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I have been dressing for years and years. It is only in the last 5, (connected to finding outlets like these on the net) that I have become comfortable with this being a part of who I am. Now I am dealing with how open I can and will be with it as unfortunately there are still stigmas attached, but I have accepted fully how much I enjoy this part of my life and the fact that it is ok to feel good about it instead of guilty.

tiff

Vivian Best
10-29-2005, 10:04 AM

That's what I feel.

What do you feel?

emmi

I couldn't have said it better! You hit it on the head for me and the way I feel about it.

Vivian:rose2:

Vivian Best
10-29-2005, 10:10 AM
but I have accepted fully how much I enjoy this part of my life and the fact that it is ok to feel good about it instead of guilty.

tiff

Tiff,

It took me close to forty years to accept what I do and get comfortable with it. I just wish I could have made that acceptance many years ago. I read on this forum about girls that are still struggling internally about who they are and my heart goes out to them. I so hope they can reach the level of acceptance that we've reached.

Vivian:rose2:

KathrynW
10-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Now that you know you like to wear a dress on occasion and you're not alone, Are you comfortable with the label of crossdresser?
Honestly? No, I'm really not...

No, not quite. It's usually more along the line of thinking that what I see in the mirror doesn't at all match the femme image of myself I have in my mind. I usually hate what I see. Frustrating...
self acceptance is not where I'm at...maybe some day...
but...that's just me...

JoannaDees
10-29-2005, 06:14 PM

That's what I feel.

What do you feel?

emmi

I feel out of place. This place is defined by the past and the present, but my femme place is right yet wrong. Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

KathrynW
10-29-2005, 06:52 PM
I feel out of place. This place is defined by the past and the present, but my femme place is right yet wrong. Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Joanna-
If it's any consolation to you...you're not the only one who feels this way...;)

Toyah
10-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Not really Toyah is who she is and I am the baggage she drags around

Shelly Preston
10-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I am very happy with the label of crossdresser as it suits me perfectly.

However its a shame we need the label in the first instance.

Sarahgurl371
10-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Labels? My Dad once told me that if you do not fit neatly in a box (label), people will always be uncomfortable with you until you do fit neatly into one of THIER lables. I am finding that to be very true in life. I guess if you want to lable me a crossdresser, thats ok with me. I know what it is. Do they?

I agree with Marla, It is up to me to decide if I let it hurt me or not. Unfortunatley, most of us hurt ourselves much more than anybody else ever could. I really gotta change that. This place sure does help!

gennee
10-29-2005, 07:25 PM
I am comfortable with crossdresser, transgender, and transvestite. Labels really aren't that important to me. The main thing is to be content and happy in your own skin.

Gennee:rose2:

Dragster
10-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Faye,
Talking about bridges, Sydney Harbour's may look a bit like Newcastle's, but it's no copy. Apart from the fact that they are both steel arches, they're not much of a common design.

However, there is a bridge in the UK that was designed by the same company, and looks almost a copy. It crosses the Mersey and Manchester Ship Canal between Runcorn and Widnes in Cheshire, and surprise, surprise, is called the Widnes-Runcorn Bridge. Built in the late 50's (20 years after Sydney I think), it's a little higher, but has a shorter span, and doesn't have stone pillars at each end because the steelwork is extended beyond the supports. Here's the best pic I have, with the old railway bridge right alongside it).

Unfortunately, there's no possibility of walking over this one (en-femme or not!), So for that experience, I'll have to go to Sydney.

Tony

Andrea's Lynne
10-29-2005, 10:31 PM
When my wife and I were having a serious conversation about CrossDressing, I pointed out that I was, in fact, a CrossDresser. For MANY years now she has shared her panty drawer with me (we're always wearing matching panties), we paint each others toenails about every two weeks, I've had my legs and armpits shaved for more than 7 years, and she knows of my desire to wear feminine clothes.

Yet with all of that on the table so to speak, she was surprised when I said, "You realize that I'm a CrossDresser?" She wasn't upset, but just taken aback that I had put that label on myself (and rightly so I suppose.........I don't mind being labeled CD anymore than I mind being labeled a genetic male).

To actually say it, and have her accept it, was a HUGE relief to me.

Lynne

Tiffy
10-29-2005, 11:18 PM
If being a crossdresser means that I associate with the likes of all of you here........Well then I am proud to be one.

April

Dragster
11-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Sorry if I offended any Aussies, but my bridge facts were wrong.

Widnes-Runcorn 330m span, 86m height
Sydney Harbour 503m span, 134m height

Size does matter!, but I still want to walk the Sydney bridge when I eventually visit Oz. Wonder what I will be wearing? I know they search you to ensure you're not carrying anything, but would they find a corset or underwired bra with a metal detector? And would I care?

Tony

Katie Ashe
11-08-2005, 09:55 AM
In talking with Tari, I realized a few things. I am comfortable with most labels you have, as long as they are respectful in the manner. I'm a married transgender man, whom crossdresses. Crossdressing is what we do not who we are. I can say I no longer care about labels, just be respectfull. That's not too much to ask right...

Debbie Kong
11-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Crossdresser is a term I don't care for. I much prefer TV or Transvestite as it seems more sexy. TGurl is the term I like to apply to all those who dress fully and go out and / or meet other people.

Debbie

KathrynW
11-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Crossdresser is a term I don't care for. I much prefer TV or Transvestite as it seems more sexy. TGurl is the term I like to apply to all those who dress fully and go out and / or meet other people.

Debbie
I MUCH prefer crossdresser. "transvestite" is an ugly, dirty, sounding term to me. Almost like calling a black person the N word.

HaleyPink2000
11-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah you can call me Cross Dresser infront of people. I actually don't care anymore.

Haley:)

Joanie B
11-10-2005, 12:29 AM
I agree with Kathryn...TV has a perverted connotation to many people, implying sexual gratification, whereas TG or CD seem more about gender and personality. By the way, does anyone know the definition of TG? Is it ths same as CD or does it imply full time, as in pre op TS???

Joanie B

Phoebe Reece
11-10-2005, 12:47 AM
A previous thread dealt with the whole CD vs TV label issue. For those that missed it see: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16532
My post # 7 in that thread gave all my views about labels.

In answer to what I think was Emmi's original question, I am proud of the person that I have become. I carry no shame regarding my crossdressing activities.

Kim E
11-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Never really been one for labels. But if I needed a label I always used TG. I'm not offended by crossdresser, TG or pre-op TS because they all apply. The only problem with labels is that sometimes they can be overly confining.

I really like Wendy's reply. The label "happy" would be cool.

Hugs ~ Kim

Tabathasiren
11-10-2005, 02:33 AM
I AM a Crossdresser!:thumbsup:

Miza
11-10-2005, 03:09 AM
Slowly I am, slowly... but it feels good.

Helen MC
11-10-2005, 03:53 AM
I have absolutely no problem with the term "Crossdresser" as that is what I consider myself to be. I enjoy wearing women's clothing, panties all the time, skirts, dresses, blouses, etc at home, and this sexually arouses me too

I do not go out "en femme", so I do not consider myself to be a "Transvestite", which term I use for those men who do wish to pass as women in a public situation. I do not consider "Transvestite" to be offensive any more than "Homosexual" is offensive regarding men who are of that orientation, but simply a statement of fact.

So these labels do not bother me in the slightest. We are all classified in Life in various ways, by race, religion, nationalty, income group, physical attributes etc. It is only when the label is used for a sinister purpose , e.g. the Nazis towards the Jews, that problems occur.

Jamie001
11-10-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't like the label "crossdresser". I tell everyone that I am a "Jane Girl". A Jane Girl is the opposite of a Tom Boy.

Toyah
11-10-2005, 02:43 PM
I am what I am in guy mode no one would know I crossdress so its just a lable it does not mean anything

missattitude
11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Being A Young Crossdresser is very difficult. To certain people I am very open to it(which is about 2 or 3 people). If someone confronted me with it I would deney it for the world and then some. Its caused alot of pain and frustration on my part. But, I know I love women's clothing. Maybe one day I can get rid of me fears and be able to act and dress the way I want to, not to please people. Thanks.

Miss Thangz