PDA

View Full Version : meeting friend,drab or fem?

t-girlxsophie
01-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Tomorrow I am meeting a friend I have chatted to for a while now,we first talked online 3 and a half years ago when she was just starting transition and now she is Post-op Female.I am looking forward to finally meeting her.Now the only niggle about this is,and I'm sure it'll seem silly to some,I would really like to appear as Sophie for our first meeting not change later,as that's who she has known from the beginning,Think too it would be nicer giving her a hug,when meeting as two women.

Should I try and find a way to meet her Dressed,or am I just being silly and should just go with the flow and meet her in drab? I know I will receive good advice on here,thanks in advance

Sophie

Risque_Christine
01-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Dress. As a post-op, I would think she would appreciate the effort, and it will help validate her choice.
Christine

DonniDarkness
01-27-2012, 10:40 PM
If youve known her for 3 and a half years then just ask if she would be uncomfortable Sophie. Or pick and outfit, take a pic and say "Hey i wanna wear this, what do you think?"

-Donni-

RenneB
01-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm with Donni on this one girl. Put the ball in her court and she'll let you know...

Renne.....

AllieSF
01-27-2012, 10:52 PM
She will more than understand your desire to meet her as you are and want to be. I like the idea of once you know where you will, asking her what she intends to wear. If it is an informal place, she will probably dress casual. Anyway, go and enjoy. What you wear is the least important when meeting a new long time friend.

danielle_from_cal
01-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I vote that you should go dressed, if you are meeting in a place you feel comfortable with that. If you have never been out dressed, maybe you can let her know that and work something out so that you can meet dressed in a place that is comfortable for both of you.

Diane Smith
01-28-2012, 12:02 AM
If she only knows you as Sophie, then it is Sophie who should show up for the meeting. Sounds simple enough to me!

- Diane

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Go as Sophie, she will appreciate the gesture, it validates that you respect her choice so how could she not respect yours.

kimdl93
01-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Have you any reason not to go as Sophie?

t-girlxsophie
01-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies,There was no reason not to go as Sophie,It was just the logistics of it all but i managed to get dressed for our meeting,It felt really good meeting her as Sophie,We spent a lovely day together at her place,we talked about ourselves and our lives have went in the 3 1/2 years we have chatted,she showed me her collection of shoes (wow! that girl has lots of shoes) we had a bite to eat and spent rest of the evening chatting some more.It's always different chatting and being in each others company,even though we may have chatted a long time,just seeing if you get along and such,we did very much.I know I have made a friend for life in Carla.

Of course she had to see the male me in the end as I had to change to go home,I got a nice surprise as she gave me a parting gift of a cpl pairs of heels.It was a day to remember.Funny postscript to the day was As I waited as the station for train home,I met my friend Sam from work on her way out partying with her friends,was wishing could re-glam up and join them

Sophie