PDA

View Full Version : Out Dressed Again

AnitaH
01-28-2012, 12:51 AM
So I've been talking to my therapist for some time about coming to a session dressed as Anita. Situations kept that from happening a couple of times. But today was the day everything worked out and I was able to get dressed. Having never seen me dressed like that before the therapist needed a minute to get oriented to the different me. In the discussion with him about being recognized he remarked that no-one that knew me would recognize me as Anita unless I talked to them in my normal voice. (I know that this issue about being recognized has come up in this forum before) After my session I normally take the afternoon to do something relaxing, often this involves a hiking trail. Well the weather here has not been very conducive to hiking so I went somewhere dry, mud and snow free. I went shopping still dressed as Anita.

I went to a large mall, one that is currently expanding in fact. I parked, then got nervous, that this entrance was too busy so I drove to a different entrance and then a third. I finally parked but it still took me 10 minutes to work up the courage to get out of the car and walk in.

Now this is the second time that I've been out shopping in the daytime. The first time was last August. I have been to a couple of transgendered social group meetings but they are held in a private setting. Going there is nothing like being out in a mall by yourself in the daytime. I started out very nervous but that quieted down after a short time.

I spent a couple of hours shopping, walking around the mall and checking out the newly opened section. No-one ran screaming from the mall, the world didn't end nor did mall security show up to usher me out. I found what many have said is true. Most people don't notice and the others are to polite in public to say anything. I only saw a couple of people do a double take, I think I saw a couple smiles and maybe one person making a comment to his friends. (not sure that was about me however

After a couple of hours I needed something to eat so I purchased a sandwich from a shop at the mall food court. The SA called me hon as she took my order. The most nerve wracking part of the whole experience was waiting several minutes for my sandwich to be made, standing there with other customers. After I got the sandwich I took it to one of the tables, sat there to eat and read from my e-reader. Went to the news stand, purchased a candy bar. The older gentleman minding the store there was very nice to me.

After leaving the mall I drove down the road to another small store I wanted to check out. A woman entering the store asked if I was going in and held the door for me. Even the young SA there was very nice to me. All in all everyone was very nice. Unlike what many have said here none of the young kids or teen girls appeared to notice. (what were they doing out of school?

It was a very good day, nothing but good experiences. The I had to go home and change into drab mode for an outing with my wife, that was disappointing. I've not been out much and envy those girls here that are out often. The stories for all the girls here are so encouraging and helpful.

I've attached a picture taken in mirror of the mall after I took off the winter coat. Sorry about the quality but it is an old cell phone.

Jacqueline Winona
01-28-2012, 01:04 AM
You got through it, Anita! Congrats!:wine:

angpai30
01-28-2012, 01:43 AM
Yay, Anita! Lets get the girls night out going now!

Kristen ~~

jsunic_1978
01-28-2012, 04:31 AM
ITS ALL IN OUR HEADS! The world never has ended. Iv been out dozens of times. If anyone would make a remark, it'll be teenagers! that's only happened once. guess the wind caught my wig, idk. Even most of are straight and maybe a little bi curious with other Tg and Cd. This country has become more accepting of the gay community as they don't understand why we dress, but I let people assume im gay if anyone notices. For the most part people don't pay attention, just walk the other way and the ones that are really polite, THESE ARE OUR FRIENDS! strike up small talk about the shoes, dresses, food on the menu, where ever the circumstances call for. Keep being you! keep being your self! i never go to bars dressed. There are a couple of places here in Cleveland that are accepting. For the most part, i just go shopping, coffee and small female clothing stores. Its really fun! GOTTA BE YOU IF ITS THAT SUPPRESSED.

Amanda_Robinson
01-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Anita that sounds like a very nice day. Good for you!
~Amanda