PDA

View Full Version : At what age did you buy your Girl something for herself

Elinor
10-29-2005, 05:03 AM
After trying on your mothers or sisters clothes at what age did you actually buy your girlie self a skirt or dress or anything feminine and what was it?

I rescued a skirt from a lot of rags which I kept to wear in secret I kept it in my cycle bag. If anyone asked it was just a rag.

I was in my 30s before I ordered a brown skirt from a magazine to be delivered to my house. That was the real beginning of Elinor.

When I found that other Janegirls like me on the internet in 1998 I was hooked really hooked.

Now I have little room to move with all my femininity around the house she is taking over bless her.:angel:

So for me I bought my first feminine thing to wear a brown skirt back in the 80s when I was in my 30s.

How about you girls?

Faye Emmette
10-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Nearing my 30th Birthday. I faced my feelings and became devoid of any 'wrongdoing' being a Transvestte. I bought a Triumph longline bra for my 30th.

Angela Burke
10-29-2005, 09:18 AM
A memory I can remember exactly.
I was 12 years old, with money from a paper round I bought two skirts from a second-hand shop. Both knee length, one pleated tartan, the other mustard with an inverted front pleat.
Although three of my (older) sisters were still staying at home at this time and I had access to an Aladdins cave of female clothing it felt just great to be wearing my own skirt that I'd bought and paid for myself.

Love Angela XX

chattaboxx
10-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I have never bought anything for my self until i discovered ebay this year. So this means i was 38 yars old when i first bought something for myself (louise)

Now i have quite a few clothes and wigs and loving it.

I also have my own make up as well.

Wendy me
10-29-2005, 09:36 AM
abought 16 years old i bought a pair of panty hose ... i thought i would die doing it sweating like a mad dog in heat ...stuffed in my pocket and brought home hidden away for a while till i got the nerve to try them on ( i was shure that every one knew thay were there and just waiteing to catch me with them ) that day no one home i was going to wear them .....way tooo small thay did not fit ....sizes sh** thay come in sizes...... any way my frist attmept at shopping....lol i have improved a bit from then.....

TGMarla
10-29-2005, 09:39 AM
I first bought a pretty pink dress for myself when in my early 20's. I purged, and it was gone. I got a black floral print dress in my later 20's, and did it again.

Both times I married, it was to women who's clothing fit me some of the time. I would often buy them things that I liked to wear as well. And please believe me, it was as much for them as it was for me if not more so. But this convenience relieved me of the need to buy clothing just for myself. It was not until just a few years ago that I began buying a few things for myself again.

tifftg
10-29-2005, 09:47 AM
I started dressing around 14 with my mom and sisters stuff, but at 16 my freedom really came and along came hose and shoes and much more. Still fond memories35 years later.

:)

tiff

Sharon
10-29-2005, 10:17 AM
I was about fifteen or 16, and I started ordering items from Michael Salem, a CD retailer, who used to advertise in the back of men's magazines. I remember ordering a long curly blond wig, dome shaped falsies, a couple tops and skirts, one bra, a few panties, and stockings and garter. The stuff was all very low in quality and very expensive, especially for someone who was earning $1.60 per hour, part time, at a hamburger joint, but I thought it was wonderful.
I wonder if they're still around? :o

Wendy me
10-29-2005, 12:22 PM
sharon yes that are here...http://www.michaelsalem.com/msalem.html

Charlene Marie
10-29-2005, 12:49 PM
When I was about 10 or 11, I bought a dozen medium green plastic hair rollers and a package of bobbie pins. The check out girl in the grocery store asked me if I was going to set my hair. I was humiliated.
By the time I was 22 I was buying like mad from catologues;first fredericks and others. I bought a knit fitted dress, a few wigs, suspenders pantyhose, a pair of black ruffeled panties, some shoes( Crappy shoes) they killed me.
I bought three bras and my first pair of breast forms. I didn't start buying my clothes in department stores until I was 30. By then I didn't care what anyone thought, I just had to have some nice things that would fit right.
I made a lot of purchase errors in the early days, now I know what I can wear and what I can not. God, it's so much fun.
Oh P.S. When I bought from catologue stores when I was younger, I got my own Post Office Box, that's the best way to get stuff and keep it a secret.

Good thread. I love to hear how all the girls first got there stuff.

Katrina
10-29-2005, 01:28 PM
The first things I bought for Katrina were when I was 18. It was around freshmen year in college and I was home on a break (or maybe it was the summer before). I bought a pair of nice black pumps, some pantyhose, a bra and matching pair of panties, some lipstick, two eyeliners, some mascara, and I think a liquid foundation. Not all in one trip though...throughout the course of a few months or so. Sadly, those all got chucked in the great purge of 95 or 96.

Lady Katherine
10-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Believe it or not. I bought first item, a package of panties at age 73. And since then have added to wardrobe.

Despite feeling like a girl most of my life, I was also a father of five and with a busy life to support family, including grandkids. So buried my feminine desires, until late in life.

But, love indulging myself in shopping, looking for lovely clothes.

MistyCD
10-29-2005, 03:16 PM
I would say about 14 to 15 ish, when I spent the saturday afternoons at my grandmothers house. I walked to a convienent store and bought some pantyhose...

Misty

Petra1
10-30-2005, 03:48 AM
I was about 22 or 23. I was still living at home with my parents. I ordered by phone from Fredericks, I think. It was a tank dress. Still have it. Man, was I nervous.

jessica33
10-30-2005, 05:17 AM
It was around 18 . I purchased a pair of pantyhose from a department store . I was nervous wreck but the saleswoman just smile at me .

Misty_VA
10-30-2005, 05:34 AM
I was 17 or 18 when I bought my first piece of ladies clothing. I walked into a Fredricks of Hollywood store (a was very nervous) and picked out a virgin white corset with stockings. I was in and out of the store in about 15 minutes. I don't even think I talked much with the girl working in the store.

Misty

Kimberly
10-30-2005, 05:44 AM
nice thread...

I was 15, and bought a pair of knee length high heel boots. Black, about 4inch heel with a 1inch platform. :)

They were very dominatrix.... hehe, but were cool.

All my subsequent buys were all shoes, until about a year ago when I finally started buying everything else too ;)

xx

Helen MC
10-30-2005, 07:30 AM
As a teenager I was able to share knickers 24/7 with my Sister and my Mum and wear their other clothing when alone at home. When I left home at 18 , taking some of my Sister's old knickers with me I then went to a large store in the town I had moved to and bought myself some pairs of bottle green school knickers and prettier panties. I found that Mail Order was an easier way to purchase and of course the Internet has now made life so much easier. My best personal shopping was at the Charity Shop in a nearby town were the Manageress was very sympathetic towards TVs and CDs and would keep items aside for me and let me dress up and advise me on what suited me and looked right etc. Unfortunately this shop was demolished years ago now when the centre of that town was redeveloped into a large Shopping Mall etc and this lovely lady retired.

Raychel
10-30-2005, 07:35 AM
For me I have been buying lingerie since I was a teenager also, But the first item of outer clothing came along just a few months ago. I am 45 now:D

classicgreysuit
10-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Ye nice thread - brings back loads of memories of pre-purged clothes. I'd been dressing in my mums and sisters clothes since i was around 6. My first purchase was a pair of pantyhose, and much like Wendy I was really disappointed when they didnt fit - I was 15 at the time I bought them in a supermarket with the grocery shopping.

Did get it right in the end (not all the time - I've had a few disasters) and I've bought tons of stuff since, most, I'd have to say in person in shops, but some mail order. Theres always the chance that someone in this busy house could open a parcel by mistake so shopping myself makes it easier to control. If I buy in person it's also easier to take things back if they dont fit.

Hugs
Sarah
xx

darynn_NWPA
10-31-2005, 05:41 PM
The first clothes I purchased was when I was 50 from a second-hand store. Several pair of silk panties, a couple lacy bras, a pair of pantyhose, and a real hair wig. I have bought most of Darynn's clothes at second hand stores. The wig is the only thing that i really miss as the result of several major purges. I have replaced everything else several times but I never found another wig that I really like.

Now I get a lot of things over the internet but my male size 11 shoes are a real gamble there. A CD friend gave me a nice pair of heels that I wear almost every day, they actually fit.

Buying Darynn's clothes doesn't have the terror that it used to have but I have become a woman's jeans junky.

Darynn_NWPA

Elinor
10-31-2005, 06:06 PM
Thank You all for sharing GIRLS keep em coming.
Its nice to learn how we are all progressing.

RebeccaLynne
10-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Make-up at 36 years old. My ex-wife had provided all the necessities prior to our parting ways, but mascara tends to dry out over time. Since Halloween was just around the corner, I decided to re-supply my cosmetics bag. Purchased eye shadow, mascara, lipstick, foundation, blush, and nail polish at the same time at Thrifty's, then ordered powder from Merle Norman's. Not an eyebrow was raised. Definitely the best time of year to restock! Keep 'Em Guessing, RebeccaLynne.

Tiffy
10-31-2005, 06:32 PM
I think I was about 26 when I bought myself something for the first time. But now I buy things all the time.

Kisses, April

MarieTS
11-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Growing up I always had my sisters things to borrow until I left for college; then I had to start buying my own. It was exhilarting for Marie to finally shop for herself and stop wearing "hand-me-downs." Concealing them in my dorm room was a bit tricky, but I never got discovered. It was always fun packing to leave for those occassional long weekends and semester breaks.

Emma Brownings
11-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Hi Elinor,

I was in my early twenties when I had my very first NEW feminine clothes. Having recently told my wife (we had been married only a few months) she very quickly bought me some wedge heels, bra, panties, skirt, blouse and some makeup. I still can't believe how well she took my confession and how quickly she moved from being very confused to being very supportive. I know it sounds unlikely but that is the way it happened.

I think the first thing I bought for myself was a wig which initially caused some upset because it changed my appearance so much but even that did not last for long.

RachelDenise
11-01-2005, 05:51 AM
My first purchase was a yellow padded bra from JC Penny's catalogue. It was mailed to home and I had to get it before my parents found out about it! I was 14.

BonnieJG
11-01-2005, 09:44 AM
For me around 20 It was a bra

DawnRodgers
11-01-2005, 01:01 PM
At about 22 I bought nylons, a garter belt, panties and a bra. I already had a skirt, top and shoes from a misdirected catalog order. Just my size too. Interesting coincidence. Maybe it was fate.
Dawn

Bonnie D
11-01-2005, 01:17 PM
I was about 23 and had been out of the house for almost a year. I lived with a couple of other guys (straight) and a new lingerie store opened in our area. I kept walking by it all the time. I finally went in close to Christmas and bought a red satin bra, matching panties and garter belt and a pair of fishnet stockings. The salesgirl asked me what size did my girlfriend wear and I gave her some estimated sizes that I thought would be mine. When I got home I went straight to my room, closed the door and quickly tried them on, they fit. I was so happy.

I don't have them now, they were part of my forced purge after I was married a few years later. I had tried to tell my wife about my interests. She didn't take it well and I had to throw them out along with a number of other pieces of lingerie I had collected.

Bonnie

suchacutie
11-01-2005, 01:18 PM
LOL...55, but I'm making up for lost time!!!

tina

Tracy Lynn
11-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Bought a cami and panties at age 33. I always had girlfriends whose things I would borrow.

Jodi Lynn
11-01-2005, 05:02 PM
At 45 I went out and got my own bras and panties and some makeup. Before that it was moms cloths and then my wifes cloths.

kysmet
11-01-2005, 05:26 PM
I was about 24 when I got dragged out of the closet. I went and bought a skirt, bodysuit, bra, panties, stockings and shoes. However, I didn't have enough for a wig, so I had a friend style my, then short, hair so that I could go out. I bought a wig with my next paycheck though. hehe

Ericka Jean

Donna tv
11-01-2005, 05:44 PM
At 17 I bought my first pair of strappy heels at Payless. That was an awesome experience

bredalee25
11-01-2005, 06:59 PM
The first items i bought were a black velvet skirt a floral print turtle neck a bra and panties added lots after that i was about 28 when i started buying my own stuff. Then i purged and tossed it all pitty i had some really nice things too i've regreted it ever since i purged

jessi girl
11-01-2005, 07:31 PM
as others , i had my sisters goodies to adorn alot when growing up. i think we were like 15 and were at girlie store and she was buying panties. she would always carryon and hold them up to me to see how they looked. she had a pair against me once and said that i would pry like them and she suggested that i buy them. so i did and so was she right. i did like them...thanx sis!

MichelleH
11-01-2005, 10:08 PM
When I was in my 20's, I could still wear some of my wife's clothes and I occasionally "borrowed" her makeup and nail polish. However, my hair wasn't as long as I would have liked. It was long enough that I could curl it with hot rollers and get a sort of feminine style, but not the shoulder length (or more) that I wanted. So, my first item was a wig (I was about 25). I still remember being extremely embarrased, but thrilled at the same time, as I walked into the shop and tried them on.

MichelleH

Billie Renee
11-01-2005, 11:20 PM
well that is a hard one for me since I wore my sisters hand me downs for years.I guess if you count my mom buying me my first bra and new outfits when I out grew my sisters thingsand was bigger than they were I was 11 then. but I started buying my own clothes when I was 16 and working at the grocery store my mom and I worked together there and after work we would go shopping for new clothes and I always had a new outfit every week for work.

Andrea Witt
11-02-2005, 02:03 AM
bought my first pair of tights at the age of 13 and a skirt at the age of 14. still don't know how i done this, as it took me another 16 years before i could buy clothes in person.

Naima
11-02-2005, 03:37 PM
My first satin bridesmaid gown at 17 yrs old. The coolest part was it was made to measure.After that it was more and more satin gowns satin skirts satin blouses.

Jerri
11-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I was around 20 when I started wearing panties and would start buying them and then around 25 started wearing bras after gaining weight then losing it wish made my breast alittle bigger. A couple years after that I started buying skirts and hose and garters which I would wear under my pants. Now I wear them under my clothes with a bra and panties all the time. Still wanting to work on my own breast size with out forms just a 36 A with out them.